Yes or No to Patch?

Do you plan to play DOA5 more after reviewing patch details?

• Total voters

FakeSypha

Back onto the subject of the patch. Who else dislikes the connectivity filter? I don't like lag as much as the next person, but when there are 7 lobbies all set to 5 bar connections and you have a 4 bar connection with all the lobbies, it gets pretty annoying. 3+ bars are fine and there really is no reason to set it any higher than that. Then again DoA's netcode is random as hell (just like the game! *zing!*) and I have had 5 bar connections lag like 1 bar and 1 bar connections run like 5 bars.

Ha! Don't get me started on that. That connection filter will most likely kill any chance for me to play the game online. In this whole time, I think I just saw only one lobby with 4 bars. It was a Brazilian lobby with a couple of dudes that were pretty bad. Still, founding a 4 bar lobby was surprising and pleasant enough.

Well, being honest, the shitty netcode made me stop playing DOA5 for the most part. Anyway, I guess this filter will make people from regions like mine to entirely drop the game. Kinda sad, but it can't be helped.

tnzk

Hm, Master and Mamba were both off their game in that set. Bad comparison.

I can see what he's trying to get at though. It's that western flair vs. japanese precision thing. I mean it's not DoA, let alone 3D, but this fight between Latif and Fuudo in SSF4:AE kinda illustrates the different play styles. Latif was out-muscling Fuudo early in that set, but he was going up against Fuudo who developed strong yomi from his Virtua Fighter stint + good fundamentals, which got him the win in the end. I've been watching heaps of Master vids lately, and he does feel quite like Latif for his respective game. But hey, Latif was bodying a lot of Japanese players in the arcade when he went over there, so who knows lol.

tnzk

Back onto the subject of the patch. Who else dislikes the connectivity filter? I don't like lag as much as the next person, but when there are 7 lobbies all set to 5 bar connections and you have a 4 bar connection with all the lobbies, it gets pretty annoying. 3+ bars are fine and there really is no reason to set it any higher than that. Then again DoA's netcode is random as hell (just like the game! *zing!*) and I have had 5 bar connections lag like 1 bar and 1 bar connections run like 5 bars.

heh. Crappy netcode + living in New Zealand = bitch please. At least you can play the game with someone. :(

Raansu

What kind of a moron would set the filter to 5 bars??

*shrug* I found it both annoying and funny. All those lobbies were set to 5 so I couldn't enter any of them, but at the same time every single one only had 1 or 2 people in them. I think eventually people will figure it out and lower it down to 3+ or 4+.

It also doesn't help that there isn't very many lobbies to begin with and I have no interest starring at the search bar for ranked. I wish they just stuck with the DoA2U style lobby system and just removed ranks. I'm already getting a bunch of declines when I do find a ranked match because they see that I'm a D+ with 100+ wins and only a few losses so they know I'm not a D+ lol.

*sigh* This stupid patch needs to come to the 360 already, I hate playing on the PS3.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Kasumi was good before the patch, she only got better. Busa got much better, Pai.... mixed reports. Fang im not sure. Lee was supposed to have been nerfed but due to the glitch actually got better. Tina got "buffs" but is probably about the same overall, still pretty viable if you're into that playstyle.

Rumors of Helena's death are greatly exaggerated.

Batcommander

Kasumi was good before the patch, she only got better. Busa got much better, Pai.... mixed reports. Fang im not sure. Lee was supposed to have been nerfed but due to the glitch actually got better. Tina got "buffs" but is probably about the same overall, still pretty viable if you're into that playstyle.

Rumors of Helena's death are greatly exaggerated.

Nicely played, sir, nicely played.

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
Raansu said:
Reading your posts give me a headache. You literally have no idea what you are going on about.

Exactly, and i refuse to do anyones research for them.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Hmmm... Kinda like how "greatly exaggerated" her FAKE Force Techs being "broken" were?

and "Fake" force techs that give real advantage and are totally unavoidable make the situation any different because...?

NH low stuns, constant resets, continuous pressure, zero risk. How many people can do that?

Oh, but it's alright, because I can "punish" (for basically no damage) every finished string that will never actually come. Yea, Helena isn't the only character who is unsafe in this game. Doesn't really make a difference when it comes right down to it. I've had an attack thats been unsafe ON HIT for years. That NEVER impeded me from anything, it was just a moderate annoyance.

/thread.

Allan Paris

I've kinda been away from the community and the game for a while but I intend to change that back. I'm opening this thread because I'm interested in reading people's opinions on several characters I like to use post-patch. Since the game came out, I never truly found a main. I messed around mostly with the blondes but never truly mained anyone so I now want to find this special character.

After playing for a while, Helena feels truly weak and now that her FT shit is mostly gone I don't find anything about her that interesting. Tina I still like a lot but her lack of speed and the need to rely on the opponent's mistakes to land actual damage pisses me off. So I want to move around Pai, Lee, Fang, Busa and specially Kasumi. I saw Matt sharing a video with some nice guaranteed combos and she looks beastly in Home.

So, what's everyone's take on Kasumi, Busa, Pai, Fang, Lee, Tina and Helena post-patch¿ Do you see them viable¿

Mike, I merged your thread with this one because you are asking the same thing this thread is.

For Pai now after the patch, she is fine. Her wall game sucks now. Overall she's the same (minus the wall game).

synce

lol I like how this degenerated into USA vs Japan. I don't know if people are clueless or just racist. You can't generalize an entire country like that. Both countries have their fair share of pros, scrubs, and perverts. And your playing style is NOT determined by your nationality. DOA5 is shit not because they listened to Japanese players or American players, it's because they listened to every type or player and tried pleasing everyone. That's the perfect recipe for ass, regardless if you're developing a fighting game or an action game.

BlackxxxMamba

and "Fake" force techs that give real advantage and are totally unavoidable make the situation any different because...?

NH low stuns, constant resets, continuous pressure, zero risk. How many people can do that?

Oh, but it's alright, because I can "punish" (for basically no damage) every finished string that will never actually come. Yea, Helena isn't the only character who is unsafe in this game. Doesn't really make a difference when it comes right down to it. I've had an attack thats been unsafe ON HIT for years. That NEVER impeded me from anything, it was just a moderate annoyance.

/thread.

For fucks sake, will people stop saying she was at advantage after the Fake Force Tech? She was not at advantage.... she was at ZERO. Maybe if you stopped playing like everyone else who just mashes out every time, you would have had a better idea of dealing with Helena. Your problem was you were too afraid of the throw after the tech. Nobody is going to throw you every time. Try blocking for once.

And lets complain about "finished strings." LONG, STEP-ABLE, strings that nobody ever bothered to step....

In this era where everyone cries about shit in games to be patched, games like Guilty Gear would have been a whole lot different and catering to people like you.

less complaining, more learning how to deal with shit.

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
In this era where everyone cries about shit in games to be patched, games like Guilty Gear would have been a whole lot different and catering to people like you.

Welcome to the America of 2013, where whining about a character is overly common lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Rikuto, let's face it. Bayman lacks an 11-frame mid. And even if he did, if the mid was blocked and Helena tried a BKO duck, he still doesn't have a low fast enough to beat out her best options after BKO. That said, your character's in a crutch with Helena vs. the blender and has to play the guessing game harder than most in this matchup. You'll have to guess a high punch, a mid punch, a low kick, or a throw in this case. I'm not saying it's impossible for you to win, but it's difficult, and will require more mental intensity to get around it.

Mamba's right man... learn and improvise. You'll find a way around it, just download like you've never downloaded before.

NOTE: I'm aware of the patch changes.

Omegan Eckhart

For fucks sake, will people stop saying she was at advantage after the Fake Force Tech? She was not at advantage.... she was at ZERO. Maybe if you stopped playing like everyone else who just mashes out every time, you would have had a better idea of dealing with Helena. Your problem was you were too afraid of the throw after the tech. Nobody is going to throw you every time. Try blocking for once.

And lets complain about "finished strings." LONG, STEP-ABLE, strings that nobody ever bothered to step....

So if Helena was at neutral what is she at now?

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

SHE WAS AT ADVANTAGE.

+7 in fact. The game fails to correctly identify it, but its proven she is at advantage when you tech on your own accord. Silent Legend already broke this shit down months ago when you were plugging your ears during the facebook chat just hearing whatever it is you wanted to hear.

Also it was pointed out that you COULD NOT step Helena's strings the vast majority of the time because they would simply re-track. It may be fixed now, but that was not the case before. Just how is it did you assume you were keeping up your pressure all this time? Magic fairies and pixie dust? Or do you actually assume everybody is just playing that badly?

Finally, block all you like it's not gonna do shit in a system where no throw breaks exist and damn near every string is delayable til the end of time. I figured you would have learned that lesson already after being thrown around like a ragdoll twenty thousand times by Manny, but apparently it hasn't sunk in yet.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD