DOA5U 1.04 Patch

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I havent gone home yet.. can some1 double check mila's 6H+P?
The arcade location test had a bug where it didn't allow the follow up K to connect on some characters.. it totally whiffed..

Also, any news on bass's BT throw? Are the frames back to what they were as Shimbori promised?

I've been posting in the Bass forum. They are as the patch notes said. His 44p fist is lower though.

Mila 's k whiffs on some characters but not most.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Mr. Wah said:
I've been posting in the Bass forum. They are as the patch notes said. His 44p fist is lower though.

Mila 's k whiffs on some characters but not most.

Well that sucks

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Costumes, yes, but no patch on Xbox Live. And can someone please explain that new video mode? It's not even free?

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Lei Fang...! What in the world?
Now, Kokoro seems to have gotten a tad better this time around...
How did you get that? It's just more nerfs. 66P+K being holdable is a fairly big nerf. Plus, straight up damage nerfs. The "buffs" weren't buffs at all since 6PPP had its block stun decreased as well so it's still as negative on block as before. 44P was just a bug fix since people could actually hold the 44P hit itself after 44P sabakis an attack successfully before this patch.

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
How did you get that? It's just more nerfs. 66P+K being holdable is a fairly big nerf. Plus, straight up damage nerfs. The "buffs" weren't buffs at all since 6PPP had its block stun decreased as well so it's still as negative on block as before. 44P was just a bug fix since people could actually hold the 44P hit itself after 44P sabakis an attack successfully before this patch.

A lot of the said nerfs don't really make any sense...

Raze

Another disgusting patch nerfing out characters, probably gonna drop this, and will make sure to skip out on future DOA's. It's 5 Vanilla all over again smh. Jacky got tons of buffs lmfao, so did Akira, i'll just stick with VF at this point. What even is the point of powering up jacky and giving mila more nerfs? I wont start on Momiji or other chars..

Zeo

Going to bed, patch appears not to be coming in the morning time for XBL. Maybe later in the afternoon perhaps.

Kronin

It was 35, so it's a -30 damage nerf, lol

The patch talk of a damage decreased from 35 to 20 and a facebook user revealed that the throw in itself give 5 points of damage, but they reach the total of 20 when the opponent fall to the ground. I would have tested personally it for seeing if it was a mistake or less, but having an Xbox I couldn't do it.

Btw I noticed that in the list of the changes, for almost all the characters, Team Ninja given also a motivation for the fixes done (is the first voice for the section of any characters). I really appreciate this sharing of info and I was asking if, indipendently by the agreement or less with the starting motivation, this give more sense to the changes done comparing them with the will expressed by TN...

Yaguar

I can sum up my feelings for this patch with quotes from it:
Two new victory lines added for Kasumi.

Adjustments to Rachel's low moves were used as a starting point.
7P: Damage decreased from 22 to 18.

Momiji's revisions focused on preventing her low moves from being too powerful.
P: Guard advantage changed from 0 to -2F.

Tina's ... Offensive Holds easier to use.
66T: Damage increased from 38 to 42.

One of Gen Fu's commands was changed to prevent unintended inputs.

There goes the neighbourhood.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD