DOA5U 1.04 Patch

Brute

Standard Donor
So, here's the place to discuss things you find with the new 1.04 patch. Changelog can be found here

There's a new wank-mod for all the girls, no guys (probably the gravures from DOA5+_. Lei-fang's is free for now. On the icons you can see all the upcoming DLC outfits for them.

Ryu's 2H+K still doesn't crush mids, so it looks like he's still living in nerfsville. I can no longer seem to connect the 41236T->33P4->P+KPPShoho combo on middleweights naymore either, but I may be doing it wrong, so I'd appreciate oncfirmation on that.

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Ryu's 2H+K still doesn't crush mids, so it looks like he's still living in nerfsville. I can no longer seem to connect the 41236T->33P4->P+KPPShoho combo on middleweights naymore either, but I may be doing it wrong, so I'd appreciate oncfirmation on that.
:'( Not like I was able to do the combo anyway but still...it looks awesome. Any comments on Ryu's other changes like the hitbox on 66K or the command reception for WS H+K?

Brute

Standard Donor
:'( Not like I was able to do the combo anyway but still...it looks awesome. Any comments on Ryu's other changes like the hitbox on 66K or the command reception for WS H+K?
WR H+K seems unchanged to me, though the WR 4K9P hop-cancel input is better. It has to be more precise now, so you won't accidentally do it when trying to do WR 4KP.

Haven't gotten a chance to test 66K yet.

edit: @Jaguar360 Could just be me being weird, but it seems to crush highs a little better now. The low crush still applies too late to be used reliably against low WUs, though.

The on guard 214P->33P CH trick doesn't seem to work so well, anymore.

Last edited:

ScattereDreams

Eliot's 5K was supposed to be -6 but TN changed their minds and kept it as -10, and now Eliot's 6p+k is bound but pushback is a bit far and it's -11 now. He still has a few safe moves.

QueenJakheiho

Christies Jak1kk is nerfed the guard break +4 to -3 but instead
her new wall game with 3p+kt, jak44(4)T, pp2kT and 2h+kT got a monster buff with several guaranteed stuns and with 8k a guaranteed launcher lol.

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

Eliot's 5K was supposed to be -6 but TN changed their minds and kept it as -10, and now Eliot's 6p+k is bound but pushback is a bit far and it's -11 now. He still has a few safe moves.

just tested 6p+k and he can get guaranteed instant 3p(x2 )into 2p+k 46p on heavyweights he just has to dash in real fast after connecting it. Its finally gives him a decent NH launcher which he was in desperate need of

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
Funny thing. I was in the middle of locals when we noticed the patch dropped so @Force_of_Nature and I spent a while testing changes. I cried about Leifang losing her last crouch tech low and laughed at Ayane's frames on her low kicks.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Funny thing. I was in the middle of locals when we noticed the patch dropped so @Force_of_Nature and I spent a while testing changes. I cried about Leifang losing her last crouch tech low and laughed at Ayane's frames on her low kicks.

Ayane actually faired pretty well after the 1.04 patch. the 2H+K/etc. nerf is fairly minor in the grand scheme of things because she still has strong mix-up capabilities. The nerf to BT PP6KK4 is more annoying since that was a strategic pressure tool for her.

LeiFang's 2K not TCing does suck though.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I havent gone home yet.. can some1 double check mila's 6H+P?
The arcade location test had a bug where it didn't allow the follow up K to connect on some characters.. it totally whiffed..

Also, any news on bass's BT throw? Are the frames back to what they were as Shimbori promised?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD