Release 6++ Gameplay Overhaul - Skies Of Vengeance 4.1 hotfix

Rev_an

Agree, I think making characters combinations of one another is pretty boring imo at this point, we already have the ninjas who have a handful of shared reused moves, movesets based on one another with revisions and style changes like Bass/Tina, Kasumi/Phase, Momiji/Tamaki and Hayate/Hitomi and Honoka who's basically that.

I'd personally rather just see old moves restored or even reworks with certain attacks to make them useful since I'm sure almost everyone in the cast has at least one underused move or something that can be adjusted to switch up how a move can be used
yeah there's still some limiting factors on that like string moves that have too much of the previous move's recovery on them to look right in neutral (i think i forgot to say so but your kasumi suggestions a while back all had that issue, you can kinda see it happen without dealing with cheat engine if you last-frame the followups) but some stuff like that tina 7p+k from 7ppp can get in there. the new characters already got what they're gonna get for the most part and legacy characters typically don't have room for a bunch of new strings on reasonable inputs.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
yeah there's still some limiting factors on that like string moves that have too much of the previous move's recovery on them to look right in neutral (i think i forgot to say so but your kasumi suggestions a while back all had that issue, you can kinda see it happen without dealing with cheat engine if you last-frame the followups) but some stuff like that tina 7p+k from 7ppp can get in there. the new characters already got what they're gonna get for the most part and legacy characters typically don't have room for a bunch of new strings on reasonable inputs.
Understandable! Also if you want to include costumes exclusive to your doa6++ mods I'm willing to do that for you!♡

Rev_an

version numbers are arbitrary so update 4: Skies of Vengeance is feature-complete, pending final testing it should be up later this week.

minor adjustments to gameplay and a few new moves as usual, but the big deal is that I imported a whole ass arena from a different game. Skies of Vengeance's boss fight area from ninja gaiden black will be taking the third APO spot because the skybox and fog are close enough to storm clouds. Note it's the NGB version not the Sigma version which you probably played more recently. Those pylons actually are that big, unless there's something bonkers going on where the ryu model and the environments weren't on the same scale. Sadly the NPC crowd script doesn't run on APO, otherwise i'd stick Dynamo in there watching the fight.

huge thanks to TwinT ripping these legacy assets, Tao and maybe iron hell will probably have more actual stuff next time if we don't get distracted trying to make 2U's Great Wall.

here's the stage notes because pastebin had a problem last time.
throwdown-
added camera clipping to the outer buildings
fixed a gap
moved some props

damage-
bigger safe area, at the cost of squares not being 1 meter
less geometry in the level, might reduce slowdown for some people
added visual walls (forcefield from zero)
fixed some teleport out of bounds glitches at the wall

hangover aka minimal iron hell-
cleaned up colliders, should reduce or eliminate slowdown online
can't really do anything about the bound knockback issue uphill

black forest
added walls
added a bunch of round 2 spawns
still don't know why the trees only load textures sometimes
not sure what's up with the light source, there's a winter ENV mod around that seems less harsh go find that if you want, not sure who made it.

natural-
spawn changed to lower section of lost paradise, it's neat
new spawn points
some rocks in northeast are missing collision
win position is bugged, low priority
previous version available offline with redelbe toggle. press back or L2 on offline stage select and look for the name in the bottom right

douglas memorial-
huge overhaul to geometry and colliders that reduces online slowdown for some users. still leave it out of your random. maybe next time it'll work properly.
customized models and colliders for the planters and outer ring
slip stun on the "river" between the two rings of planters
removed most of the camera mixups, a few around the outer edge still to do
camera clipping for angel statues and planters
better collision and camera geometry on the elevators
fame douglas statue nolonger hides if an elevator is in the foreground
still doesn't work online for everyone

seafood-
added a texture to part of the floor to reduce whatver that visual noise is.
can't make it bigger or it'll start being visible on the regular stage

Chinese festival-
added an extra breakable in front of the scaffold
added a funny variant upper in layer2

zero-
scaled everything up 1.5x

unforgettable-
rebuilt a bunch of the doatec HK windows to add camera clipping
removed a wall around hotzone that blocks the camera sometimes
moved a doatec hk fence

deprecated "network speed"
implemented Ninja Gaiden Black's "Skies Of Vengeance" boss arena as a stage.
basically a miracle
the hole is for a big dome hatch in NGBlack, might make a flat cover later.
intermittent bug loading into it from "fight again" in VS mode, use "winner stays" etc to avoid it. i might have fixed it?

chamber of potential-
added a layer 2 toggle for the flat version, again press back or L2 on stage select offline.

image.png

Last edited:

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
That's sick. Are those actually DZ electric fences?

A storm with rain/lightning everywhere would be dope too but sadly probably not doable.

Twin_T

huge thanks to TwinT ripping these legacy assets, Tao and maybe iron hell will probably have more actual stuff next time if we don't get distracted trying to make 2U's Great Wall.
NinjaToolbox worked for some stages, but not Iron Hell. The mesh data is all over the place so I'll need to find a different method for that one. Think NinjaRipper might work for Cxbx-r or Xemu?

Rev_an

That's sick. Are those actually DZ electric fences?

A storm with rain/lightning everywhere would be dope too but sadly probably not doable.
they're standard walls for now, i'll switch them to 15s if i figure out how to move vfx between stages. that doa 1 stage needs ground explosions too, probably the same method for both things. definitely on the "i'd like to do it" list.

there *are* stormy weather ENV mods that the community has had for a while that people could use but iirc that would also make the interior of APO stormy if it was on by default. sick layer 2 mod for offline.

NinjaToolbox worked for some stages, but not Iron Hell. The mesh data is all over the place so I'll need to find a different method for that one. Think NinjaRipper might work for Cxbx-r or Xemu?
i think i've seen people say ninjaripper works on cxbx in more relevant forums. hopefully there's not any version nonsense.

CFW

Are the stages included in the patch or do you have to download them individually? I can't seem to find them here.

Rev_an

Are the stages included in the patch or do you have to download them individually? I can't seem to find them here.
all the stage data is in the mod download, but you do also need to get REDELBE from that gamebanana link in the first post

Reactions: CFW

Kikouken

only took it off of pp6p6k but 6p6k still does, jab strings scoop you up a bit and it was too easy to get
that makes sense. It makes the move seem inconsistent tho. Would the bound be better off on her follow up K from 7K and 66K*K?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
that makes sense. It makes the move seem inconsistent tho. Would the bound be better off on her follow up K from 7K and 66K*K?
6P6K can be used from alot of stuff in DOA6++ iirc besides those.

-You can 6P6K after 33P(strict timing tho)
-after 3PP's refloat from the right heights
-BTed 4K and similar roll back bounds if you chase quick enough
-after BT H+K

And pretty much after any launchers. I think her 6P6K is best only as a bound if not near a wall directly since otherwise you'd go for another route.

I think PP6P6K wasn't as good as a bound anyway since it was lower damage than directly just doing 6P6K as the bound(scaling) in the prior versions of ++, it used to only really be for wall carry

Rev_an

yeah the scaling change made the jab string more damage, more carry, and easier to get. just really murdered the variety i'm trying to create.

it might be able to have a regular bounce instead where you'd be able to finish the string but not jab or 7k. lol I just had a nightmare of pp6p6k 6p6k. save that for the breakable objects

7k k bounding just has a lot of the problems 7k p did, it's actually really hard to give her a juggle bound. 3pkk but working more often (i.e faster and more reflaot on 3pk) is probably the right answer but that's a bunch of annoying edits and if it's too fast it starts scooping you into it like rig. I'd Do Something about shallow launch into bounds if it was easier to do that.

tbh i underrated how much of a balance issue the doa 6 juggle bound is on its own even before the extra damage on close hits and supers. Too late to do anything about that but it's kinda too much juggle extension. Techable bounces are way better and you can still put long flashy combos in the trailer.

Rev_an

revan what the FUCK are you doing?

You are truly making a Mugen.
go hit a floating bt opponent in doa 1 or ++, that game had juggle back-hits that were different from the front-hits, and remember that stage is an explosive floor.

it's not mugen until we crack importing animations to make new characters, those anims are doa 5 environment hits.

separate from early prototypes of back-hit reactions, if y'all got any unique stuns and whatnot like doa 5 kasumi 66pp back hit, christie's stun p+k, or tina's doa 4 236k and bt 8k hit me up.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Sure but what you continually fail to grasp is if these are good changes to make.

You just discover you can do x and you do it without any care for what you are actually doing. Look at your previous comments on underrating how the game was balanced around juggle bound (no shit sherlock).

People really are deluding themselves if they think this shit is EVER gonna be more balanced than the OG game.

Rev_an

Sure but what you continually fail to grasp is if these are good changes to make.

You just discover you can do x and you do it without any care for what you are actually doing. Look at your previous comments on underrating how the game was balanced around juggle bound (no shit sherlock).

People really are deluding themselves if they think this shit is EVER gonna be more balanced than the OG game.

why are you pretending that clip is in anywhere near a public release? the latest one is less than a month old, I don't even have a guess at when the next update will be, let alone a dev build or a bunch of matches in with that idea.

2/10 troll

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Can you atleast fix that ugly looking ass UI in that clip? What's with that particular font?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD