6++ Gameplay Overhaul

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Ah that meme of "if you don't like it, you can leave."
But that's your position - you're asking for Rev to get kicked off his own mod, like... what?

I think part of the confusion is the name/marketing - maybe take a page out of Garry's book and call it "Rev's Mod" instead of 6++?

Rob

Premium Donor
I like your suggestion. It's already confusing enough that there's a second mod out there called 6++.

And no I was just responding to Matt telling me if I don't like the mod, I should go make my own.

Rob

Premium Donor
Lol I crack myself up sometimes. Ever heard of hyperbole? I honestly thought this was a joint project between a few other people, didn't think it was all a one man operation. And again thought it was a mod that served as a replacement for vanilla with community involvement and to be played by people who are actively playing on PC.

I know NMF's 6++ mod is entirely his own doing and paying modders to help assist.

Last edited:

Rev_an

Well, this thread might not last long…
should i make a new one for update 1? should pass functionality today or tomorrow, and after barring something like a hayabusa ceiling infinite being found in prerelease testing, we're a bit ahead of schedule.

raididiot

Oh before that, I just want to check one thing - did Phase 4's old 33k make in back in? Doesn't look like it's in the issue tracker unless I'm missing something.

Rev_an

Oh before that, I just want to check one thing - did Phase 4's old 33k make in back in? Doesn't look like it's in the issue tracker unless I'm missing something.
oh yeah i've been updating my patchnotes file at the same time as the tracker for the most part and missed a couple things

Rev_an

update 1 is code-complete and barring some kind of life disaster, I'll be doing the final function test before distributing the first playtest build/release candidate later today or tomorrow.

playtesting has begun!

Last edited:

Rev_an

When is Hoodless going to host the first 6++ Hood Weekly?
when people ask him to? won't be me though. I've been pushing people away from doing a tournament on the beta build anyway, or ban like five characters lol. maybe emery and/or blank will try something next month with the update.

if there's enough player interest justifying hoodless change the pc weekly to ++ i'd consider it a wild success, but I think it would be inappropriate for me to ask him to force it.

WAZAAAAA

did some back reading, sheeesh

if i can kill close-hit bounds
do you still need this? mmmm can't you just convert the later frames of the Bound animation from Crouching to Jump or Jumping, so that Close Hits won't ever register? It'd probably open up more Air Throw shenanigans though so watch out lols

(move ID: decimal 25822 is the universal one, 25569 is the one you get from Raidou SSS or Brad 8P, idk how many other ID's are there)

Stun Or Alive
nice one, yoink stealing that

Rev_an

i was looking for a more direct solution but maybe there's some state-based shenanigans i could use.

the thing of it is that the PL that are still in the game do (at least) three things with one command:

juggle scaling 50% flat
no close-hit bound
no propagation of counter/hi-counter multiplier

which has me thinking there should be a "right" way to do it, but i'll try out a hackey solution like that one of these days

WAZAAAAA

which has me thinking there should be a "right" way to do it, but i'll try out a hackey solution like that one of these days
what "right" way bro that's the way TN themselves achieved Bound->Close Hit in 5LR (Gen Fu CH 3PP 33P 33P 16P) and 6, it's part of these system rules STUPID
- the Jump flags displayed in the Skill Info window mostly apply to Throw/OH immunity, this is a common state
- there's another type of hidden flag I like to call Airborne which dictates whether you'll get floated by a Strike or not, this is a less common state
- when you mix them up these are the outcomes
Code:
Jump ON  + Airborne OFF = Hi Counter, will force Standing (e.g. some frames of Tina 4P+K)
Jump ON  + Airborne ON  = floated, immune to Close Hit, immune to regular Throws/OH's (e.g. getting juggled)
Jump OFF + Airborne ON  = floated, vulnerable to Throws/OH's (e.g. Brad 66P+K from frame 1)

Rev_an

what "right" way bro that's the way TN themselves achieved Bound->Close Hit in 5LR (Gen Fu CH 3PP 33P 33P 16P) and 6, it's part of these system rules STUPID
- the Jump flags displayed in the Skill Info window mostly apply to Throw/OH immunity, this is a common state
- there's another type of hidden flag I like to call Airborne which dictates whether you'll get floated by a Strike or not, this is a less common state
- when you mix them up these are the outcomes
Code:
Jump ON  + Airborne OFF = Hi Counter, will force Standing (e.g. some frames of Tina 4P+K)
Jump ON  + Airborne ON  = floated, immune to Close Hit, immune to regular Throws/OH's (e.g. getting juggled)
Jump OFF + Airborne ON  = floated, vulnerable to Throws/OH's (e.g. Brad 66P+K from frame 1)
lmao i was hoping we'd find some like "close hits work / close hits don't work" as a primitive like how wall stagger vs wall fall are (functionally) a boolean

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Bayman's 33P setups are already destroyed in DOA 6 due to buffer changes so I would see zero negatives from making crouch faster.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD