A combination of boredom and too much DoA5...

Xernuht

All right.
So I made this drawing of Juri the other day, right?
tumblr_na2al951731sfee6to1_r1_1280.png

I guess so. I don't follow Tumblrs.
Yonder derriere, though.

One of my friends tried to reply to it with a picture.
Then THE MOST HILARIOUS THING EVER happened and it's left me dead for ages XD
1375827202245.gif

That is perfect for ALL the wrong reasons.

synce

Epic Rugrats comic. Also fuck yeah Juri. Here's some of my own sketches... I didn't have references available so her hair is kinda weird haha

jurisketch_zps3fe324d0.jpg

Edit: This was kind of scary, I'm not sure how many others have had this experience but I took a looong break from digital art and when I dusted off my tablet tonight it was like I suddenly forgot how to draw, even though I sketch daily. For a good half hour I couldn't figure out WTF was going on until something finally clicked. If anyone's using or considering using a tablet try to draw on it at least once a week or you may have some serious rustiness.

vipersketch_zps9533dbb2.jpg

right: WTF I WAS DRAWING PERFECTLY FINE EARLIER I CAN'T EVEN DO A FACE NOW
left: (10 minutes later) I don't know but okay!

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I still haven't figured out tablets. Pisses me off because I need to.

Anytime I try to draw something it just spazzes out. Smooth lines and proper shading are nigh impossible. I do not understand it.

Ghosty-J

I still haven't figured out tablets. Pisses me off because I need to.

Anytime I try to draw something it just spazzes out. Smooth lines and proper shading are nigh impossible. I do not understand it.
I think I might help you with that. Which model are you using?
Also just noticed you're a Staff Member now! Congrats, man : D

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
It's fun when my phone is on restricted data, all the animations load frame by frame..... Kenshiro has alot going on. Nice work

Last edited:

Ghosty-J

It's a Wacom Bamboo 8" x 6"
I believe it's the "Fun" model. Looks identical to this.
I use Wacom Bamboo Pen and Touch, so i should be similar enough. My guess is that it's having compatibility issues with your system. Your best bet is to install the latest driver into your OS. Wacom stopped supporting your model some time ago. You can download the latest update here instead. In my case, I had to use one of the older versions since it caused too many problems for me to deal with at the time. Bamboo's known to act a bit iffy for Windows 7 unfortunately.

If that doesn't work out, you could try this tablet that was recommended to me some time ago you can get for a pretty good price. Which is better than the model I use as a matter of fact XD I plan on picking it up when I save enough money and sell my current one. Hopefully everything works out for ya.

It fun when my phone is on restricted data, all the animation load frame by frame..... Kenshiro has alot going on. Nice work

Ghosty-J

For anyone interested, the tool I use for animating in Paintool SAI just got updated recently. @THE_WORST_KOKORO should probably be all over this since we do the same thing pretty much. You guys can pick it up and view the latest release notes here:
http://meaconscientia.tumblr.com/post/91679508411/sai-animation-assistant-2

On an unrelated note. It's not exactly DoA (aside from the Lost World BGM), but a new video nonetheless. Reposting it here since it went way under the Media section's radar.

THE_WORST_KOKORO

Standard Donor
For anyone interested, the tool I use for animating in Paintool SAI just got updated recently. @THE_WORST_KOKORO should probably be all over this since we do the same thing pretty much. You guys can pick it up and view the latest release notes here:
http://meaconscientia.tumblr.com/post/91679508411/sai-animation-assistant-2

On an unrelated note. It's not exactly DoA (aside from the Lost World BGM), but a new video nonetheless. Reposting it here since it went way under the Media section's radar.

Interesting link, I'll be sure to read it. Btw... incoming NyoTengu Henta- uh fanart from me.

Darrell

Just got a new yob, so maybe I'll be able to get tablet. Then again. The problem, may not be lack of tablet. I simply just don't draw well period. lol Anyways. I never drew a Bruce Lee type character, and thought of "adorable".
Animation1.gif

Ghosty-J

Pfft, naaaaaah. You'll do much better with a tablet. It's just really difficult drawing with a mouse, period.
Also, something in the back of my mind is telling me to draw Akira, Jacky, and Leon in towels and pajamas......

Xernuht

Pfft, naaaaaah. You'll do much better with a tablet. It's just really difficult drawing with a mouse, period.
Also, something in the back of my mind is telling me to draw Akira, Jacky, and Leon in towels and pajamas......

Someone's been lurking on the casual thread.

That said, Akira with fuzzy bunny slippers....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD