A New Character for DOA5U Arcade Edition

doa5ua_thumb.jpg
Tecmo Koei released Dead or Alive 5 last year, followed by Dead or Alive 5 Plus for Vita, and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is in stores now. Believe it or not, Ultimate isn’t the final incarnation of Team Ninja’s fighting game. Sega will distribute Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade throughout Japan this winter. It’s based on the console game with one key difference—Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade has Tengu a new character. Tecmo haven’t announced if Tengu this extra character will be available as downloadable content on PS3 and Xbox 360 yet.

Kooooowaaaaapaaaaa
Cowabunga

Last edited:
Nikki is zack's girlfriend.

I would like a pink haired girl with pigtails + big cute ribbons.
Green eyes and shy innocent personality but alittle bit childish too
and she must have a safe launcher, that launch people on normal hit, like Lili's d,f3+4 :D

i kinda want her to look similiar to serah farron from ff13-2 !

they shouldve thrown in all the characters missing from dimensions, raidou, genra, tengu, shiden, kasumi a (if its necessary), and hopefully irene

please no more VF characters, if its not tengu than i want a character that can potentially be in the next game if i like them

THIS. 100 TIMES,THIS! I can't see the VF characters returning in 6, nor can I see their movesets staying when we already have our own practitioners of their styles (Kokoro, Rig, Lei Fang, and Jann motherf**king Lee). If it's Irene or Tengu, at least we can keep them in DOA6.

This is, of course, assuming they don't decide "Y'know what? F**k Momiji and Rachel players. In DOA6, they ain't coming back.". It's not that hard to keep characters that aren't that relevant to the main story. I mean, SF's been doing it for years. Tekken's only slightly better.

please no more VF characters, if its not tengu than i want a character that can potentially be in the next game if i like them

I agree me too. However I think that the reason because they have chosen to include characters with a style already included in DoA (that in no way are clones) it was just because TN doesn't want introduce a new style in the game not using one of their original characters.

Said this I remember that Aoi practice Aikijujutsu, style related with the Aikido just like the martial art on which is based the style of Momiji.... :eek:

This is, of course, assuming they don't decide "Y'know what? F**k Momiji and Rachel players. In DOA6, they ain't coming back.". It's not that hard to keep characters that aren't that relevant to the main story. I mean, SF's been doing it for years. Tekken's only slightly better.

Don't worry, Momiji and Rachel will remain in the cast for various reasons: they are characters owned by Team Ninja (so not real guest stars), they were higly requested by the fans, and last the series is popular for its girls and wouldn't cut ever one of them (made exception for guests and characters estetically clones of others - just like Kasumi Alpha).

The only reason because Momiji and Rachel (together with at least Leon) don't make a presence in the story mode, is just because TN gave priority to other aspects of the game rather than to expand the story mode (very likely what happened also for Kasumi in Razor's Edge).

Last edited:
I agree me too. However I also think that if the reason because they have chosen to include characters with a style already included in DoA (that in no way are clones) it was just because TN doesn't want introduce a new style in the game not using one of their original characters.

Said this I remember that Aoi practice Aikijujutsu, style related with the Aikido just like the martial arts on which is based the style of Momiji.... :eek:

To be fair, they also said Momiji's was aikijujitsu mixed with Hayabusa-style ninjutsu, so it's just a lot of artistic license. Aoi would be a more... 'pure' style.

Don't worry, Momiji and Rachel will remain in the cast for various reasons: they are characters owned by Team Ninja (so not real guest stars), they were higly requested by the fans, and last the series is popular for its girls and wouldn't cut ever one of them (made exception for guests and characters estetically clones of others - just like Kasumi Alpha).

The only reason because Momiji and Rachel (together with at least Leon) don't make a presence in the story mode, is just because TN gave priority to other aspects of the game rather than to expand the story mode (very likely what happened also for Kasumi in Razor's Edge).

Thing is, I'm not sure I want Rachel involved with the story. Momiji could be a way to bring the ninja back to the tournament, given that the Mugen Tenshin and Ryu seem to be focused on Donovan and MIST now. It'd be interesting to see them perhaps work Ein into the plot again (random Hayate kung-fu clones for random mini-bosses... hehe), although it's likely never happening. Leon... why did they get rid of him, again? I can see him making a return, perhaps getting called in by Helena to back up the good guys. Rachel... I just don't know. She's a bit too Ninja Gaiden-y for DOA.

@Xernuht Personally I would like the entry of Rachel in the stroy and about Ein, I remember you that in the end of DoA5 the project Epsilon was activated again capturing Hayate. So it's really likely that Donovan or Rig could be still interested to the ninja and that we will see again an Hayate's clone in DoA6 ( the only doubt is the reason because he should use the Karate).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD