A New Character for DOA5U Arcade Edition

doa5ua_thumb.jpg
Tecmo Koei released Dead or Alive 5 last year, followed by Dead or Alive 5 Plus for Vita, and Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate is in stores now. Believe it or not, Ultimate isn’t the final incarnation of Team Ninja’s fighting game. Sega will distribute Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade throughout Japan this winter. It’s based on the console game with one key difference—Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade has Tengu a new character. Tecmo haven’t announced if Tengu this extra character will be available as downloadable content on PS3 and Xbox 360 yet.

Kooooowaaaaapaaaaa
Cowabunga

Last edited:
Character #30 would break the symmetry in the 3rd row...
Could they be planning yet another character?
Maybe for a final edition of DOA5 on the next-gen consoles?
I'd love to see DOA5 on PS4/Xbone/PC.

I really like Ryo, but I think that another guest would be a bad move for the game
Character #30 would break the symmetry in the 3rd row...
Could they be planning yet another character?
Maybe for a final edition of DOA5 on the next-gen consoles?
I'd love to see DOA5 on PS4/Xbone/PC.

Very likely the character will substitute the random selection on the left (like many fans thought since the beginning). So the shape of the roster will continue to have a symmetry just like all the previous games (with the exception of DoA4 where the choice to make Alpha-152 unplayable was made in the last moments if I'm not wrong).

Last edited:
When Tengu shows up, I'll start wiping up PSN. Be afraid.

@Forlorn Penguin can handle XBL for me.

Air throw on Lab...

Subway Stapler on Lab...

Divebomb on Lab (if they make it untechable again)...

2T near the edge of Lost World...

Possible return of DOA2U C3...

That beard...

The sheer beauty of it all is just so... unbearably perfect.

Oh, and he needs a tag throw with Hayabusa. Just because. When landing a tag throw while controlling Hayabusa, Ryu throws the foe into the air in the same way he would when starting an Izuna, but instead of teleporting up to finish, Tengu flies in, grabs the foe and brings them back to the ground like he would during his 2T. Then you control Tengu.

Last edited:
expect a VF since its going to be for arcades , or another SEGA based character , TN remove FT' to prepare everyone for VFxDoA , these are baby steps for the complete crossover

Oh, and he needs a tag throw with Hayabusa. Just because. When landing a tag throw while controlling Hayabusa, Ryu throws the foe into the air in the same way he would when starting an Izuna, but instead of teleporting up to finish, Tengu flies in, grabs the foe and brings them back to the ground like he would during his 2T. Then you control Tengu.
I like the way you think.

Don't forget the tag throw initiated by Tengu. Starts up like his 9PT, he flies them into the air, then tosses them down. But right before they hit the ground, BOOM, Ryu flies in with his horizontal Izuna (such as in the Tina/Ryu throw) and tunnels them into the ground, tagging him in.

IF Team Ninja was to make another game disc over this one character... I would be fucking pissed. Or better yet, if they were to make it a next-gen exclusive... my god it's going to happen.

Dreams don't die, they become a painful reality.

IF Team Ninja was to make another game disc over this one character... I would be fucking pissed. Or better yet, if they were to make it a next-gen exclusive... my god it's going to happen.

The eventual additions will arrive surely on the current console version of the game, otherwise I don't think that Tecmo would have decided to announce a new character for the arcade version still before the complete release of DoA5U on consoles.

Last edited:

meh if they did an DOA5 AE with updated graphics more stages/ costumes and irene, tengu, and whoever on the next consoles I wouldnt mind.

360 and ps3 are outdated tech now

Rio, Irene (preferably her DOAD look) or Niki if it's a female.
Lion Rafale or Ryo Hazuki from Shenmue if it's a male.
Tengu if it's a supernatural being.

But in all honesty, I would like an entirely new character. Preferably a freckly but brawny redheaded male who's either around Eliot's age or a superheavy weight like Bass, Bayman and Leon.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD