About morons online

HiguraShiki

I keep finding matches too. And the number of people in the rankings keeps growing. It's close to 28,000 on XBL. And growing. I don't think VF5FS got very far from 20,000 so It's nice to see DOA5 near 30,000.
It must depend on your location then. To the people who have trouble finding matches, are you out of the U.S.?

HiguraShiki

Why is it that now when I switched to Brad, everyone starts criticizing my style. This is the first time I ever heard people calling Brad cheap.

SilverKhaos

Why is it that now when I switched to Brad, everyone starts criticizing my style. This is the first time I ever heard people calling Brad cheap.
A lot of brad players are able to make it so the opponent never really gets to fight back, similar to how most people play Helena. So there's a lot of bad stigma around Brad. The thing is that I've seen a lot fewer brads than helenas, which I'm guessing is why he doesn't have the same amount of complaints.

Also, keep in mind, you said they are criticizing your style. That doesn't mean they are calling BRAD cheap (any character can be cheap if played that way), they are calling YOU cheap. (if you are the type to play that way).

Roroko

It must depend on your location then. To the people who have trouble finding matches, are you out of the U.S.?

Yep. I'm from Aus.

It seems if you live in the US, but not near an offline scene, you can still find plenty of matches in your region with minimal lag. So it's no biggie for you guys.

In Aus, I think there's a monthly FGC get together organised by the crew Berserk is a part of. But the game is dead online. If I'm lucky, I play the same guy all night. If I'm not lucky, I find no matches at all. This is on the PS3. Right now I'm wondering whether a game where I'm only able to play against other humans once a month is worth the time investment. Just waiting for the next patch to see if there's an improvement. But even then it's uncertain whether players will come back. Maybe if TN fixed the netcode properly earlier on instead of releasing wave after wave of DLC there'd still be a semi-decent online community.

HiguraShiki

A lot of brad players are able to make it so the opponent never really gets to fight back, similar to how most people play Helena. So there's a lot of bad stigma around Brad. The thing is that I've seen a lot fewer brads than helenas, which I'm guessing is why he doesn't have the same amount of complaints.

Also, keep in mind, you said they are criticizing your style. That doesn't mean they are calling BRAD cheap (any character can be cheap if played that way), they are calling YOU cheap. (if you are the type to play that way).
They are saying both. That brad is cheap because he is too evasive and that I am too defensive if that is what you feel is cheap.

As for Brad, I don't see how they make it so the person can't fight. He barely has any force techs, just crushes and evasive moves. Aside from that he is slow.

Brute

Standard Donor
As for Brad, I don't see how they make it so the person can't fight. He barely has any force techs, just crushes and evasive moves. Aside from that he is slow.
You don't need a bunch. Almost all players will find only one (or 2, if they need one from a stance) that works well and force tech with that every time. Brad's got 1KK (I believe is the input) which is enough.

Brad is a little cheap in my opinion simply because he relies on so much crushes. Normally that would be fine, except that DOA5's crush system is very unreliable and crappy. Thus, he abuses one of the game's biggest flaws.

Not that it's your fault for using him. Just something I wish TN would patch up.

After doing some training I noticed that the main trick that HiguraShiki was doing was I believe 1pp, because I thought it was a mid I got hit by it but for some reason I couldn't tell that it was a low, since I lack proper Brad match up experience. Then a 2P+K. Brad falls to the ground, and leaves him at -5 on block. I'd try and punish, or get offense going on with Hitomi with her 6P a 13 frame mid, and I'd get launched by Brad's Rising K which is a 16 frame launcher. Yet I got launched several times by it so for some reason I thought it was + on block. Allowing brad to go into his handstand stance which basically guarantees a crazy mix up that is near unblockable at least imo. I mean I guess you can block it but your chances are not good. Looks like online is all it was that was killing me. I tested it offline and Hitomi's 6P will indeed beat Brad's launcher clean every time with little timing required.

Granted I should have realized something was up when I had to readjust my advanced mid kick hold combo timing. However I think people get more annoyed with your attitude towards them HiguraShiki. Less so then the characters you play as.

Murakame

Then a 2P+K. Brad falls to the ground, and leaves him at -5 on block. I'd try and punish, or get offense going on with Hitomi with her 6P a 13 frame mid, and I'd get launched by Brad's Rising K which is a 16 frame launcher. Yet I got launched several times by it so for some reason I thought it was + on block. Allowing brad to go into his handstand stance which basically guarantees a crazy mix up that is near unblockable at least imo. I mean I guess you can block it but your chances are not good. Looks like online is all it was that was killing me. I tested it offline and Hitomi's 6P will indeed beat Brad's launcher clean every time with little timing required.

Does that launcher crush lows? I tend to 2P and it beats me to the punch all the time.

Does that launcher crush lows? I tend to 2P and it beats me to the punch all the time.

I haven't tested that out, I just tested Hitomi's 6P against it. I do know that Brad has some weird funky hurtboxes, I've seen him completely dodge tracking lows, and tracking mids at random intervals before.

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
That's what ppl online do. When they win, "I'm better than you & I owned you". You put hands on them "You do the same moves" "You lucky" or the all time favorites, "I hope you, your future kids, ya girl all die in a house fire", "I hope you have nothing but girls a kids & they all get raped" "I'd shoot your ass in real-life" I get that all the time. Even in sports games. I done got so used to it to the point I ignore it. But tell them to come offline & play, "FUCK YOU! I dont have to prove myself!"

Funny thing is I got 1 yesterday on Xbox live but this dude was talking through a microphone saying "Kasumi sucks" & "I'm bout to burying your bitch ass" & his Ayane was terrible to say the least! Plus it was laggy. Cleared him 3 straight & the whole time you could hear him bitching.

But there's ppl in facebook groups that can be just as bad. LBSH. There are.

P.S. I havent played Max536Drago yet & I HOPE LIKE HELL I DONT. He constantly sends msgs to ppl & plus there's no point in playing him.

ChainCombo

I havent played Max536Drago yet & I HOPE LIKE HELL I DONT.

Is that the guy who I see on the twitter feed complaining about how every move he can't beat out or get around is broken and to buff up Hitomi?

J.D.E.

Standard Donor
Is that the guy who I see on the twitter feed complaining about how every move he can't beat out or get around is broken and to buff up Hitomi?
Yup! & Hitomi is actually a very viable character in DOA5. All he does is bitch instead of learn the game & learn how to beat other characters.

ChainCombo

Yup! & Hitomi is actually a very viable character in DOA5. All he does is bitch instead of learn the game & learn how to beat other characters.

Well... I shouldn't of looked at his Twitter just now. His spamming "suggestions" would hurt the game pretty badly. Also what's this "we" business?

Brute

Standard Donor
Well... I shouldn't of looked at his Twitter just now. His spamming "suggestions" would hurt the game pretty badly. Also what's this "we" business?
He claims Hitomi is his girlfriend.

And now you regret asking.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD