DOA5U Akira's Frame Data & Combos

Heikou

Standard Donor
After launching from low threshold with Akira's 1F knee, :P:,:P:,:6::K::P:,:4::6::6::P::+::K: does more damage than two knees into 2P 2_46P. Works up to Gen Fu weight class. A lot less likely to drop this as well.

The only thing to watch out for is, if you don't hit confirm it and it lands on CH, it'll launch high enough for the P to whiff and you'll drop the combo.

Hazard

Standard Donor
I'm wondering if you're stance is dependent on that side tech recovery? Or are you trying to time it and it isn't a no timing thing?

There is timing, as if you input too early it will just whiff due to their invincibility frames. Too late, and they hold.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
There is timing, as if you input too early it will just whiff due to their invincibility frames. Too late, and they hold.
Do you know what your advantage is off of that? I'm pretty sure 214P is an unholdable in that situation.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
214P is unholdable from that? doesn't seem like it. I'll pop the game in since I haven't played in awhile.

Edit: Yeah 214P isn't working from the throw into 3H+KP+K. It's getting held. I even performed it against myself and I'm holding it.

Hazard

Standard Donor
Do you know what your advantage is off of that? I'm pretty sure 214P is an unholdable in that situation.

I don't know what the actual advantage is off of it, but I do know I tried 214P when looking and was held every time.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
If the opponent doesn't tech you are at +3. Also odd that P+K whiffs completely (+5), but 43P gets held after that yet they both are the same move speed for startup. If you whiff without that unholdable you are at -18.

How are you getting that Hazard? you instantly buffer right away?

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
What's Akira best moves that give out max juggle damage after CB on Lightweight and Midweight? I assumed it's 3 knees, 6P, and 3H+K string.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
The biggest damage after CB max launch height is 2x Knees > 2x P > 6KP > Palm.

Personally the 3x knees into Jab DLC has greater knockback that will probably score a wall. Wall = bigger damage, but if you are near a wall or guaranteed sure it will hit midway I'd go with the top version to get the biggest output. I still find 3x knees into the DLC to be far more useful/reliable simply because it's the most consistent, likely to get walls, and slopes will hardly ruin it. Top version is very strict on slopes and has a high chance to whiff. Not to mention the damage isn't far off and only by very few points.

If you are in a small stage with hardly any slopes, top version. If you are in majority of other stages even with slope, 3x Knees > DLC is still incredibly good.

Reactions: Eks

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
The biggest damage after CB max launch height is 2x Knees > 2x P > 6KP > Palm.

Personally the 3x knees into Jab DLC has greater knockback that will probably score a wall. Wall = bigger damage, but if you are near a wall or guaranteed sure it will hit midway I'd go with the top version to get the biggest output. I still find 3x knees into the DLC to be far more useful/reliable simply because it's the most consistent, likely to get walls, and slopes will hardly ruin it. Top version is very strict on slopes and has a high chance to whiff. Not to mention the damage isn't far off and only by very few points.

If you are in a small stage with hardly any slopes, top version. If you are in majority of other stages even with slope, 3x Knees > DLC is still incredibly good.
You have faster recovery with Palm and it's only .5 less knock back. I think you make up for that distance in the jabs and 6kp though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You have faster recovery with Palm and it's only .5 less knock back. I think you make up for that distance in the jabs and 6kp though.

Well if you get a breakable yeah. People are still opt to drop it in open areas with minimum slope for full buffer. I go for it if it's closed in for a full wall up close, I never go for that with terrible stage alignments.

There's even setups going for full DLC wallsplat whereas palm doesn't really net you things when they want to get up instantly or killing up wake up kicks after they touch the floor in invincibility upon knockdown. 3x Knees > DLC is still incredibly good even today that's still over 100+ points of damage and doesn't get heavily ruined by slopes.

I mean youch, if there was a general case damage is damage and that one is only reduced by a slight few points. Better to score really good than none at all.

Last edited:

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Well if you get a breakable yeah. People are still opt to drop it in open areas with minimum slope for full buffer. I go for it if it's closed in for a full wall up close, I never go for that with terrible stage alignments.

There's even setups going for full DLC wallsplat whereas palm doesn't really net you things when they want to get up instantly or killing up wake up kicks after they touch the floor in invincibility upon knockdown. 3x Knees > DLC is still incredibly good even today that's still over 100+ points of damage and doesn't get heavily ruined by slopes.

I mean youch, f there was a general case damage is damage and that one is only reduced by a slight few points. Better to score really good than none at all.
I can agree with that.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I can agree with that.

I simply get hella annoyed with the slopes in the game. Bottom of Scramble, top of scramble after generator, desert, walkway down Lorelei, rooftop in Azuchi, raft stage and so many more. I like doing it on flat land but I hate doing it on those particular slants. I can't trust them for so many reasons.

XxNoriakixX

So, no discussions about the changed frame data of his 214P? I must say that i used it quite often when it was -5 on block but now that it is -11? I think TN nerfed him a bit too much sine the move is slow and easily to counter-poke.

I hope this is the right forum since it says frame data lol.
The akira forums are a ghost town

Heikou

Standard Donor
So, no discussions about the changed frame data of his 214P? I must say that i used it quite often when it was -5 on block but now that it is -11? I think TN nerfed him a bit too much sine the move is slow and easily to counter-poke.
214P? Maybe 214P+K?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor

I hope this is the right forum since it says frame data lol.
The akira forums are a ghost town
Yeah, they are a ghost town. Especially when I stopped posting to it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD