DOA5U Akira's Frame Data & Combos

Heikou

Standard Donor
All in all I think a nerf to 214P+K is reasonable. Akira has a lot of safe options, and a safe tracking mid is strange since a lack of tracking is his weakness. It'd be nice if the followup weren't stance dependent though.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
To be fair on logical approaches, he didn't necessairly needed any changes. That's catering if you want things to be nerfed on your needs. Especially on terms with the actual word "reasonable" and how carelessly the word is being tossed around.

As for the topic, it was safe because it's the fact that he's linear to begin with. The initial weakness is that majority of his moves do not track. From here on out, people have no right to complain about Akira technically speaking. (Only justified changes were from vanilla to 5U. Players had no real reason to complain from there on.)

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
I know I'm probably really late on this, but I just noticed that Akira BT K and BT 4K are tracking moves which looks exactly like K and 3K. Also I didn't know his BT 4P is +2 on block. Most of time whenever I'm BT, I just pop off his shoulder and that's it. I guess I never paid attention to his other moves.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I just found out on it via when I streamed too. What's funny is that I probably seen it as advantage way back then but probably just forgot about it or just never payed attention to it. This might be useful against Hayabuss teleports or Nyotengu overflight wake up setup after delay.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD