Anime/Manga Talk

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Haha man Esdeath and Tatsumi scenes are entertaining, I really hope she turns good

Esdeath is awesome, hopefully she dont kill Akame lol

I don't want to read the manga because then I wouldn't be as excited for the anime xD

Bdiamond

Haha man Esdeath and Tatsumi scenes are entertaining, I really hope she turns good

Esdeath is awesome, hopefully she dont kill Akame lol

I don't want to read the manga because then I wouldn't be as excited for the anime xD

I wonder who would in that fight. Those 2 are really strong characters. I like Esdeath more just because blue is my favorite color lol

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
Haha I love them both but I cant say who would win since I havent seen EsD in action n Akame not much in the anime

Bdiamond

You mean "Project A-Ko: The Next Generation"? Sure.

They're even going the same route with the OVA spinoffs.

I'm actually not familiar with that Project series haha. Though Kill La Kill reminds me of Gurren Lagann if I had to say a similar anime. (Then again it's the same studio or something like that)

Yea, finished it like 3 weeks ago

Got me that matoi figma pre ordered

Whats that? Is that one of those really detailed figurines? I wanna see

the space cadet

I don't get how anyone watches anything other than mindless action anime myself. You can't really see half of the stuff they do on anime in real life so sticking with the over the top shows like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Bleach, etc. makes sense to me. Can never get into slower paced stuff, but I also only really watch action shows and movies of any other type too. Just the little conversation going on here about how Tokyo Ghoul or whatever doesn't go into badass territory has me not wanting to watch it at all.
Dude, I used to be the exact same way. I'd only watch action series like Bleach. Then eventually, through an anime community, I was finally coerced hard enough to try a "slice of life" series, Toradora. After watching it, the anime floodgates were flung open, and my eyes have spent the rest of their waking moments tracking down the great anime titles, regardless of genre.

You and I don't know each other, nor do we know the other's taste in entertainment... but on the basis of a stranger that was once in a similar situation you're in, I'd urge you to try a series called Death Note. It's not a slice of life, and it's not an action. It's a pinnacle series that could bridge the gap of what you currently watch, with what you may one day watch.

Sadly the 80's and early 90's was the last time that the industry was really passionate about telling good stories using Anime as a medium. The current generation is REALLY formulaic and gets tiresome fast. You almost have to abandon any thought of a decent story and just go for whatever show has the best animation for their fight-of-the-week setup.

There are exceptions, but its needle in a haystack.
The truth. There's too much reliance on tits and ass now. If you wanna watch something current that is unquestionably about the passion for storytelling, then grab The Wind Rises.

I enjoy tits and ass in my anime, but not when that's all there is. TTGL is the prime example of excellence with a healthy injection of Yoko. I mean boobs.

Out of curiosity, what are some of your favorite series that came out in the last decade?

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I've seen Death Note, Elfen Lied, and several others that aren't strictly action. I just prefer a little less thought to my anime. I also don't have a ton of time to get invested in new shows anymore, either.

Brute

Standard Donor
Elfen Lied never clicked with me. I tried it out twice, but neither time did it succeed in making me care enough to finish it.

Fiend Busa

Standard Donor
This week Tokyo Ghoul episode was crazy aside from the massive amount of censoring it got xD

Just one episode left D:

Hey @CyberEvil, if you liked Death Note check out Terror in Resonance

Ghosty-J

JoJo's on hiatus until January. Fridays officially suck now.

SPLAT.gif

Bdiamond

I'm so behind on fairy tail and too lazy to catch up atm...

I did read the newest Naruto chapter though.

I also recently gave FMA:Brotherhood a try, that anime is pretty cool so far I'm on ep 7

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD