Any online improvements for DOA5U?

Brute

Standard Donor
Not so much optimism as the possibility of the street date being broken and leakage occuring.
There's also the possibility that there's not much to tell, and that TN has already blown its load at E3.

Zeo

There's also the possibility that there's not much to tell, and that TN has already blown its load at E3.

- New moves still not shown
- System, online changes and new lobby system
- Changelog
- Random gameplay videos that AREN'T offscreen
- Trailers that don't suck
- Streamed/Saved Playtesting in the US
- Pre release tourney

There's tons to tell and tons to show. TN did blow a load at E3 but they have more saved up, they're just being stingy.

synce

You can't really blame TN for lack of info though, they just make the game and it's up to Tecmo how it's marketed or what gets shared. They're doing a good job in Japan with public demos but the Europe branch is clueless.

IDK if that Chin guy is supposed to be a community manager but if he is he should be replaced by someone who actually does something.

And oh yeah street dates, bet anything I'll be playing a week before it lol

DR2K

You can't really blame TN for lack of info though, they just make the game and it's up to Tecmo how it's marketed or what gets shared. They're doing a good job in Japan with public demos but the Europe branch is clueless.

IDK if that Chin guy is supposed to be a community manager but if he is he should be replaced by someone who actually does something.

Also not his fault. He's probably dependant on Tecmo JP for any information in regards to DOA5U.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

The hell do you expect Chin to do? lol.

TRI Mike

I actually think Chin does more than he should. I don't see any other community managers doing the shit he does in every social network.

Ren Fujin

I wouldn't hold my breath regarding the netcode. Everytime they are asked about it, like in the interview Master did for DOAW, they dodged the question - fixed some laggy stages and matchmaking ? Yeah cool, but that's not what we were asking about. Master clearly mentionned netcode (and so did the translator), and Shimbori just dodged the issue. That should say a lot about the state of things. If he was confident about his game's netcode, he'd be much more straight forward.
... so I'd say don't get your hopes high and get ready to go to offline events if you want to play the game in good conditions.

Rapham0n

They have, yes. In particular they claim the PS3's netcode will be much better.
Apparently PS3 has worse lag issues than Xbox with this game. I can't perosnally couch for that as I've never play it on XBL, but the PS3 is pretty terrible. They've said they have worked on it extensively.

Nothing. They said the same about the 1.03 patch. We just have to hope for the best.

The problem is PSN in general is slower than XBL. I've owned both a Xbox 360 and PS3 throughout the years and in my experience XBL IS faster than PSN in general. So TN are going to have to make a notable improvement to get DOA5U to run well online on the PS3.

I'm not joking. I play 4 bar matches and there is at the very least a full 1 second of a delay between my button inputs and the game registering what I've pressed. Also every few seconds the onscreen action completely freezes for a split second and when that happens the game completely ignores all my inputs for that split second. It really throws my game off. And this input delay is not caused by my TV either because when I play the game offline the inputs are 100% accurate and the game runs smoother than a baby's bottom.

Chapstick

When I get 4 bar matches, they run just like offline. Sometimes 1 bar matches run just like offline. But sometimes 1 bar matches freeze the lobby on a black screen or the character select screen with two orange clown costume Zacks (has anyone else seen that?) and that's REALLY got to get fixed.

Pokerking87

Bars says nothing i played vs a lot 4 Bars and there was ugly lag! Today i played a couple Fights vs rikuto he got 1 Bar with me, but it was decent playable!

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I'm starting to think that depending on the type of connection the game perceives it to have it uses completely different optimization methods.

The methods it uses for 1 bar connections seem to actually be the most effective, while the methods for 4-5 bar connections seem to be the worst.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I actually think Chin does more than he should. I don't see any other community managers doing the shit he does in every social network.

What? His Facebook is a mess, his comments are hardly professional and some of his pictures just blow my mind.

Team Ninja on Facebook seems more like a fan page created by a fan who uploads nothing the fans want to see, or information we knew about WEEKS ago.

I say fire him and use his salary for DOA.

TRI Mike

Those are his personal accounts. I think he manages the official profiles of Tecmo europe where he does act professionally. The thing is that he pretty much accepts everyone on Facebook on his personal profile and is very friendly and openminded.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Those are his personal accounts. I think he manages the official profiles of Tecmo europe where he does act professionally. The thing is that he pretty much accepts everyone on Facebook on his personal profile and is very friendly and openminded.

"Team Ninja" official account should not be treated as a personal account. It's bad rep for TN. It's good to know that he does things right for Tecmo Europe though, and fucks around with everyone else.

Sure he appears friendly, but I definitely wouldn't agree with him being open minded in the slightest form. He should go back to school and take a social media class.

TRI Mike

The official TN account is not his personal one. I don't know where you're getting that from.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD