Anyone else sad to see no DOA news at e3?

gamemaster14

Now don't get me wrong having Last Round and all the other dlc is pretty nice but honestly even if it were something very minor I wouldn't have minded seeing some news about the future of the Dead or Alive series. DOA5 came out in 2012 and they have been milking it ever since. Even if it were just a leaked teaser image for a new doax game or something, anything would have been better then nothing. Anyone else feel this way?

Kasumi-Phase-X

Actually seeing some news about DOA or Team Ninja related would be something that'd I'd be happy for (since part of E3 doesn't really excited Me that much with some few exceptions), and I would be up for a DOAX3 or the new Dissidia Final Fantasy game for PS4. I would want to see the future about DOA, as long as its not running the entire series into the ground.

As much as I do want to see more DOA news whether it'd be E3, EVO, TGS etc. there are other chances for news to spawn about whats going on for the DOA series, and maybe Team Ninja might just work on other projects.

oMASTER LEGENDo

Standard Donor
The only thing that would have been showcased at E3 was more DLC outfits, i think they are done with this game and ready to move on. And for the most part i feel they still left us empty handed with this version of the game.

Bataar

It would have been awesome to either have Dead or Alive 6 or Ninja Gaiden 4 announced. Oh well, maybe at Gamescome or TGS.

KING JAIMY

Actually it makes perfect sense that nothing has been revealed so far about DOA6, when we take the recent release of DOA5LR into account. I'm not disappointed at all since I didn't expect them to come up with anything DOA related. However, I did expect them to come up with something NG related, which is why I was disappointed by the fact they showed us nothing about NG4.

Seppu

Even if it were just a leaked teaser image for a new doax game or something
this looks pretty. probably fake though

1434665312961.jpg

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Almost looks like the actor from the movie or a dulled down Lara Croft.

As for DOA news, I wouldn't count on much for conferences that take place in western locations. Unless you are a AAA company or being supported enough to look like a AAA company chances are your game won't be taken as seriously and will receive more backlash upfront (oh, its that boobie fighter game again). I mean, TN did a decent job (was it 2013 E3?) with their one E3 trailer but more or less an expansion to a fighter that isn't taken seriously by the gaming community in general is not as popular all around as you would think it to be.

I would look forward to TGS more than anything in regards to Japanese developed video games. Especially because DOA is probably a more widely accepted series in Eastern Culture and TN has better credentials there as well.

Last edited:

TanikoChan

Chin said they will show nothing on the E3.
we have to wait till the TGS
Chin:
"We have nothing for this E3." "Oh yeah, the TGS is the one."

and yea i think this is a fake.. it's from 4Chan

SoftCabbage

Still awaiting the practice of "supporting DOA5+" to be honest.

That game's like released only for Cheerleader and Hot Getaway DLC.

Kasumi

No because I never expected anything related to DOA but I was disappointed about no news about Ninja Gaiden 4.

Lulu

Well they could have anounced they were going to increase the the number of regions LR would be avalable in so that I could buy and get all the characters :(

Do you guys think thats ever going to happen ?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
I keep seeing statuses and posts about DOA6 coming and I have to be completely honest and going for the best assumption here. You will not see any DOA sequel news for like another 2-4 years. Ninja Gaiden memo has been roughly quiet as well but I expect the series of Ninja Gaiden to be released before DOA. DOA is the type of game to get a trailer in 2 years and expect the game to come out the following year after. Seriously, you will not see DOA6 for awhile.

Argentus

I keep seeing statuses and posts about DOA6 coming and I have to be completely honest and going for the best assumption here. You will not see any DOA sequel news for like another 2-4 years. Ninja Gaiden memo has been roughly quiet as well but I expect the series of Ninja Gaiden to be released before DOA. DOA is the type of game to get a trailer in 2 years and expect the game to come out the following year after. Seriously, you will not see DOA6 for awhile.
Especially considering there was almost a decade between doa4 and doa5.

UpSideDownGRUNT

There has always been atleast a 4 year gap between sequels not counting filler games, DOA1 was in 1996 and didnt get a sequel until 1999, DOA3 in 2001 and DOA4 in 2005. Recognise the pattern? We'll probably see a teaser trailer in 2016 earliest and maybe get DOA6 around Q4 2017

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD