Characters ARCADE: Phase-4 combo video and Character 1.05 patch changelist

Brute

Standard Donor
the difference being the 1 frame knee actually has a use that makes it worth learning the Rajin on the other hand is a shiteir izuna.
to play Hayabusa you HAVE to know how to do the Izunas
to play Akira you HAVE to know the 1 frame knee
to play Eliot you HAVE to know the Choryus

no one has ever said you need to know the Rajin because there are better options, its practically a novelty move.
Raijin may be a worse Izuna, but the fact that Hayate has something close to the Izuna is kinda crazy in and of itself. But, if he wants to master it, he's gotta work hard. Makes sense to me.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
Raijin may be a worse Izuna, but the fact that Hayate has something close to the Izuna is kinda crazy in and of itself. But, if he wants to master it, he's gotta work hard. Makes sense to me.

but there is no reason to master it that's the point the work put into the move doesn't make it worth it

im tired of this argument im gonna go learn that dam Rajin to get it off my training screen so i can run through Hayate's command training again -_-

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I'll give you the guard break of doom, but that's one thing on one character. My original point was that I doubt P4 will be execution heavy.

If you're gonna learn Hayate, though, you should really learn the Raijin. How many times have you gotten someone down to a sliver of HP and lost? Every little bit counts.

Number 13

You would expect the Raijin to be the strongest throw in the game with the stupid amount of difficult level required to pull off 100% consistently, but sadly that is not the case.

There would be much less complaints if Raijin got a damage buff.

Brute

Standard Donor
You would expect the Raijin to be the strongest move/throw in the game with the stupid amount of difficult level required, but sadly that is not the case.
No, you wouldn't. Why would you expect Hayate to have the highest damage unbreakable throw in the game? That would be stupid.

There would be much less complaints if Raijin got a damage buff.
Doesn't need one.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
They should make the execution for Kokoro's 12f all 2f windows and make the damage the same as a regular 12f throw.

Number 13

Doesn't need one.

I don't personally think he needs one either, but the input commands is silly for the amount of damage delivered if you complete all the steps.

Edit: I don't want to get sucked into this Raijin discussion (I haven't touched Hayate in months anyway) anymore then necessary so gonna drop it.

PuertoRicanStyL

That Phase-4 chick looks pretty sweet. I doubt she'd be THAT hard to use. I mean, it'd be awesome if she wasn't so easy to where you could do jumping jacks on your controller and make combos happen with your feet. I'd definitely be hype for that, personally. From the few combos they showed, it looks like some timed attacks may be necessary. Not just frame, just not mashable string type stuff.

On another tip. I would've liked to have seen her have a different hairstyle and color than Kasumi. Just so she wouldn't look JUST like Kasumi. But, that's what a clone is I guess. Just would like some sort of individuality between the two besides moves.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
She might end up like Ryu in execution difficulty (coming at this as a Ryu amateur, long way from solid play skills). Solid play without his Ongyoin but once you get to understand it and learn how it works all the possibilities just open up and you can see how much they can do (kinda like the current Kasumi and her teleports).

Anyway, we get Organization Kasumi, Nobody Kasumi, a throwback Kasumi outfit, and Alpha Kasumi. The old Kasumi main I used to be waaaaaay back (when I had a female main that wasn't Mila) demands the Alpha outfit but that white cloak is sick. If Marie Rose doesn't get my one friend back into DOA P4 sure will.

Brute

Standard Donor
She might end up like Ryu in execution difficulty (coming at this as a Ryu amateur, long way from solid play skills). Solid play without his Ongyoin but once you get to understand it and learn how it works all the possibilities just open up and you can see how much they can do (kinda like the current Kasumi and her teleports).
>_>

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
you can just wiggle the stick though. it literally takes 2 seconds to get it down every time.

:236::P+K::6842::P+K::P::P+K:

Wiggling is only easier because the game will try to read the closest possible command possible. You can't always wiggle those command because you may end up inputting further inputs that are not necessary causing it to just drop even if you wiggled it properly. Unlike Raijin...GBoD has to be on block. Raijin is a throw and you have enough time to fully input the grab animation.

Nereus

Standard Donor
the difference being the 1 frame knee actually has a use that makes it worth learning the
to play Akira you HAVE to know the 1 frame knee.

Akira's knees isn't a just-frame in DOA. In VF it is, but in DOA it gives you a few extra frames to execute it. if you try it in VF5:FS you'll see what im talking about

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD