Are you happy with Last Round?

Do you like the direction Last Round is taking?

• Right now I'm worried about the lasting appeal of Last Round.

Votes: 49 61.3%
  • So, far everything looks good, and I'm content with what I'm seeing from Last Round.

Votes: 31 38.8%

• Total voters

YoshioKST

IF, and only IF

1) They're gonna let me transfer all of my BOUGHT characters from Ultimate Core Fighters to PS4 Last Round Core Fighters, not just costumes.
2) Balance has been improved - #BuffMila

Then I'll be very pleased and likely to keep buying stuff.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I don't see how exclusive stages are a bit deal.

Just ban them from tournaments. That's what the FGC does for other forms of exclusive content.

In any case, anyone with any business sense, it's plain retarded to expect the stages to come with the free update on last-gen consoles. They need to give some incentive for people to pick up the paid version for next-gen even if they already have the old version.

It's more retarded to think people would buy a console for two stages. This is a fighting game, and banning levels is a stupid idea especially when Danger Zone is awesome.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I gotta be honest with myself. I'm happy.

It's been almost two years since the next-gen consoles have been out, and I needed incentive to buy one. The price of the PS4 has been reduced, and chances are I'm gonna be playing this more than any other game in the long run anyway. With the DLC carry-over in tow, I don't have to worry about shelling out extra for Christie and Mila's costumes from the PS3 (even moreso for all the DLC I bought on the 360 version to Xbone).

There's probably some adjustments that need to be made, of course, but generally speaking I'm happy that I'm getting a chance to play DOA5 on the PS4 now. Hopefully, Christie's trenchcoat from DOA3 will be included as DLC at some point.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
I don't see how exclusive stages are a bit deal.

Just ban them from tournaments. That's what the FGC does for other forms of exclusive content.

In any case, anyone with any business sense, it's plain retarded to expect the stages to come with the free update on last-gen consoles. They need to give some incentive for people to pick up the paid version for next-gen even if they already have the old version.

i wasn't expecting a free update period. im perfectly ready and willing to pay for their work, but THEY are the ones refusing to sell it to us.

Argentus

nope, what they've revealed so far isn't worth spending a single cent on. their promotion of the game has been atrocious which is especially pathetic when they're trying to sell the same game to people for a 3rd time focusing on pointless hair accessorizing, some new enhanced tit simulation and 2 new(old) stages no one asked for or give a shit about. Maybe when they actually reveal something for the game worthwhile i'll have more interest but for now im only getting it through core fighters

Same. Nothing to buy so I'm going core

KwonJigglypuff

As much as I love and support TN the way I can, I don't feel happy with Last Round for the moment.
Nyotengu was worth my 5€. Marie-Rose too. Some costumes are, but I generally only buy Helena's.

But as I'm a PS3 player, I'm just gonna update Ultimate to LR and buy some costumes separately (if it's possible). Buying the whole copy OR buying a PS4 just for costumes, hairstyles and 2 good (but average) stages isn't for me. Plus on PS4, hair physics are still the same, and marketing is awful, it's too messy, really.

On a personal note, I would have bought the digital copy (30€) for PS3 if it added:
- Helena's opera dress
- Aerial Gardens, Great Opera and Burai Zenin
- new moves (especially for Marie-Rose, Nyotengu, etc.)
- and other things that were suggested in the Casual Thread for LR

Aspect

Since hearing the availability of a free update I have changed my mind. At least now I can still fight everyone without buying the new version, and I can pick and choose where my money goes in terms of costumes since I only use about 3 characters at a time. Crimson looks good but I'll still be a happy fighter without it

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I think the problem here is that people were expecting something totally new with Last Round. For what it's worth, Team Ninja is giving us 2 new characters, 2 new stages (and one is a new Cliffhanger), new tag team intros/outros, costume customization in the character select, additional hairstyles, and Costume Contest entries in the game. Not to mention, all bought DLC from Ultimate transfers over to Last Round, which definitely was my only concern that has been put to rest. And, to top it off, they are allowing last gen owners upgrade to Last Round for free + the cost of new characters and costumes via a DLC package.

People, this is still Dead or Alive 5 at the core and an HD remaster/post that's getting upscaled to 1080p/60fps. They weren't going to make brand new character models for a port, let's be honest here. Of course they weren't going to add anything to Story Mode, because they obviously want to save any story elements for DOA6 in the future. Could they have done more? Yes, but then again, they have done a lot with DOA5 since its release. The most important thing they could do is improve the netcode, which should be the main concern for everyone, imho.

Regarding the stages, Crimson and Danger Zone should NOT be banned at any tournaments. People who have owned DOA2 know the layout of Crimson, the only difference now is that there's a Cliffhanger. Danger Zone might be the stage that divides the competitive community, because it's not meant to be competitive at all.

Overall, I think Last Round will definitely be worth it for those who own a current gen console. Those who will stay on last gen should get the update anyway and buy the DLC package. Last Round, honestly, has made me now want a PS4. Even looking at releases in 2015, I think next year really is the time to get a current gen system, because more games and better games are coming out. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

TL;DR I am happy with Last Round so far and knew not to get too overhyped, because the game is port of a last gen game with added (and apparently exclusive) content.

werewolfgold

Methinks the original post might be a little bit biased...
The topic creator is entitled to how he feels and is only reporting what he's heard. But, he gave two even-handed poll options (unlike a certain other poll that recently happened). And, the opening post even came with a disclaimer as an opener.

My patience with this forum is going... going....
If you're completely happy, then whatever. But if that's the amount of maturity you want to treat other people's opinions with, then honestly... Bye, Felicia.

Goarmagon

Standard Donor
I'm perfectly ready and willing to pay for their work, but THEY are the ones refusing to sell it to us.
THIS!!!

I was thrilled when I learned that TN ditched the online pass for 5U and I made it a point to show my appreciation by buying all of the DLC(which I haven't done since the last few packs). I hope TN is sandbagging with LR especially after seeing Master's rant stream, where he shows how they NERFED the crimson stage and made it inferior to the old one when they could have just upscaled the XBOX version like they did with the other DOA3 stages in 5U. The Danger Zone can be put onto current gen as well by adding in more fog to the stage to reduce draw distances like they did in the bottom of scramble and fuel when the fires broke out.

This update is shadier than most other already shady updates. I really want to buy LR for PS4, I really do but I cant let them blatantly fuck me like this.

DR2K

I'd rather they have skipped the current gen versions and go balls to the wall with the next gen version. I'm liking the new costumes, stages, hair styles, and hopefully the 2 new characters are cool. I'm sure they'll add 1 or 2 fan requested stages via DLC. This release was obviously bumped up to avoid clashing with MKX

Martin

I'm not severely disappointed cause I expected as much with this update, and I'm excited to finally have a fighting game on the PS4, but I think if this was just another update for the same gen stuff, I wouldn't even bother. The only selling point is that it's on next gen.

Intelligent Alpha

I think the problem here is that people were expecting something totally new with Last Round. For what it's worth, Team Ninja is giving us 2 new characters, 2 new stages (and one is a new Cliffhanger), new tag team intros/outros, costume customization in the character select, additional hairstyles, and Costume Contest entries in the game. Not to mention, all bought DLC from Ultimate transfers over to Last Round, which definitely was my only concern that has been put to rest. And, to top it off, they are allowing last gen owners upgrade to Last Round for free + the cost of new characters and costumes via a DLC package.

People, this is still Dead or Alive 5 at the core and an HD remaster/post that's getting upscaled to 1080p/60fps. They weren't going to make brand new character models for a port, let's be honest here. Of course they weren't going to add anything to Story Mode, because they obviously want to save any story elements for DOA6 in the future. Could they have done more? Yes, but then again, they have done a lot with DOA5 since its release. The most important thing they could do is improve the netcode, which should be the main concern for everyone, imho.

Regarding the stages, Crimson and Danger Zone should NOT be banned at any tournaments. People who have owned DOA2 know the layout of Crimson, the only difference now is that there's a Cliffhanger. Danger Zone might be the stage that divides the competitive community, because it's not meant to be competitive at all.

Overall, I think Last Round will definitely be worth it for those who own a current gen console. Those who will stay on last gen should get the update anyway and buy the DLC package. Last Round, honestly, has made me now want a PS4. Even looking at releases in 2015, I think next year really is the time to get a current gen system, because more games and better games are coming out. Anyway, that's just my two cents.

TL;DR I am happy with Last Round so far and knew not to get too overhyped, because the game is port of a last gen game with added (and apparently exclusive) content.

I don't think that's it at all because if it were, why did they plug Ultimate as a "New" game? (They did this! We all saw it!) Everybody said how this game was different from Vanilla! Look at NG3:RE. That's an update, but how different is it from NG3V? Very different according to alot of people and it's more than the ramped up aka bullshit difficulty. It seemed a like an actual game since you had to actually fucking play! (sans Hero Mode)

Shit! DOA5 Ultimate is nothing but Vanilla + 5+ on for consoles, but what exactly is LR? More of the same shit! It's the milking that is the problem! DOA2 mat have been the worst at it! Whatever the problem is, the milking needs to stop!

But to your point: why AREN'T things different? That is what should be asked!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD