[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRI Mike

I don't know what you would be delaying so it's cool. It's up to you in the end. I just know that I wonder what you would think after arriving home about your trip to America and meeting all the fellow fans of the game/playing the hell out of the game. :)

It's just money issues. Saving up for a plane ticket + hotel rooms + food n' shit in just two months, even if it's just a 3-day trip would be very hard for me. I'm currently not working you see.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well you shouldn't have to worry about hotel room that much. It's easy to find someone who will let you stay with them. It typically cuts costs by 3/4s at times. As for food, you could probably survive the weekend with $100 set aside for that.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Again, it's not the full game that will be playable. However, Team NINJA wants people to try the game so they are providing us with a demonstration of it.

PhoenixVFIRE

It's cool that at least part of it will be stream! That's very exciting. I hope everyone has a good time and come back with lots of info! :D

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
We're looking into getting most of the tournament streamed. It's currently in discussion. At the very least, matches can be recorded and uploaded at a later date.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Tag tourney is gonna be EPIC! ..

I'm acctually looking forward to this. I hope it ends up being one of the formats of tournaments in the future as well, be it single Tag or Team tag ...

wonder if theres also Team mode like in older DOAs .. that would be great too. :D

DrDogg

On second thought, I probably won't go. I'll save that money/travel time for a post-release tournament. It'd be kind of pointless for me to go anyway...

Codemaster92163

How much time would we have to prepare before the actual tournament starts? I'm sure a few players planning to go have already played the E3 build and know what's new and all that jazz, but this question is for us who have yet to.

If it's not a couple hours at least, I don't think I'll go.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Tournaments will probably start between 2-4pm with the doors opening at typically 10-11am.

DrDogg

How much time would we have to prepare before the actual tournament starts? I'm sure a few players planning to go have already played the E3 build and know what's new and all that jazz, but this question is for us who have yet to.

Honestly, playing the E3 build 3 months before this tournament won't help them that much. Given the number of changes, the short amount of time they had with the E3 build, and the gap between E3 and the tournament, you'd be on equal footing within an hour... even more so if you're playing a character who wasn't in the E3 build.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!

Word of advice? Don't come on the hopes you're going to ensure victory for yourself on a game you've never played before. This isn't some large-pot event where your life is on the line, and if you don't win the terrorists will murder your family.

It's an opportunity to go to a pretty sweet event with lots of games available to compete in, hang out with like-minded individuals, and play a game that hasn't been released yet.... maybe you'll even get an opportunity for some feedback?

Post-release tournaments can be about the dick waving, if you let them. And don't worry, I'll be doing plenty of that later myself, but not for this event. It's just not what its about.

That said, yes, you'll have plenty of time with the game I am certain. Tournaments run many ways... early is not one of them.

Codemaster92163

Word of advice? Don't come on the hopes you're going to ensure victory for yourself on a game you've never played before. This isn't some large-pot event where your life is on the line, and if you don't win the terrorists will murder your family.

It's an opportunity to go to a pretty sweet event with lots of games available to compete in, hang out with like-minded individuals, and play a game that hasn't been released yet.... maybe you'll even get an opportunity for some feedback?

Post-release tournaments can be about the dick waving, if you let them. And don't worry, I'll be doing plenty of that later myself, but not for this event. It's just not what its about.

That said, yes, you'll have plenty of time with the game I am certain. Tournaments run many ways... early is not one of them.

You clearly misunderstand me. I don't want to play to "ensure victory." That's a silly way to look at things. I want to get a chance to play simply to get a feel for what's different and to not simply lose because I don't understand those changes.

I can care less if I lose, but I'd still like to better my chances at winning.

The HuBBs

It is with great honor that I make this major announcement. On behalf of Free Step Dodge, Gaming Vision Network, and Big E Gaming, we are proud to announce that we will have a near final build of Dead Or Alive 5 at GVN Summer Jam VI. We will have the game a full month before its release. The event will be held on August 25th to the 26th. Tentatively we have plans to run both a singles and a team tag tournaments. We would like to extend an invitation to all current and former DOA players, and those interested to please attend the event as this will be one of the few non IGN Pro League events to have Dead Or Alive 5 playable to the public.

For more information about GVN Summer Jam VI please check out the thread over in the Tournament forum. Also be sure to register online and book your rooms for GVN Summer Jam VI, please go to the official tournament site at NECphilly.com.

Please hurry and book your as rooms as they are going fast.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You clearly misunderstand me. I don't want to play to "ensure victory." That's a silly way to look at things. I want to get a chance to play simply to get a feel for what's different and to not simply lose because I don't understand those changes.

I can care less if I lose, but I'd still like to better my chances at winning.

Oh, there will be plenty of time. Just get there early enough to take advantage of it and I'll be happy to play you myself.

Codemaster92163

That's still if I can get there. It's closer now that I moved to Maryland,but I'm still unsure if I'd be able to make it or not

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
There will be enough time to play the game casually before and after the tournaments. The point is to try out the game and have some fun. The tournament itself is just the side show at this event since the game is obviously not available to the public.

Edit: Wait you're in Maryland? Where? I can probably pick you up on the way to the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD