[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Didn't I already? Or is there some other RSVP function I missed?

NVM found it.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I love having friends in Philly I can stay with for free. Pretty much have no reason not to go now.

Allan Paris

For anyone that has a room at the hotel. Is it ok if I can room with you for the 2 days of the event? That is if I am able to attend, it's a 50/50 right now. Come mid August I will know 100%.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
I'll have room for folks, but let's see how many people confirm that they're going before I start opening up the Ark. If enough people go but can't afford the room, I may book a second room to help out.

EDIT: PM me directly about your particular situation and we'll talk about what can be done. This goes for anyone, regardless of online feuding or prior situations. I'm not exactly a saint in person but I'll never NOT help someone that I can and that's asking for a hand.

MajesticBlue

I am going to try and make it out to this. It seems like WAY to much fun to pass up! Lucky enough to have family in Baltimore so its really not that far. Once I figure out how much I need to come up with and how the housing and stuff works I should have a better clue on how feasible this is.

ScattereDreams

Unfortunately i'm still 19 and car-less unlike most people here, so I can't do whatever I want. My mom would be willing to help me out with money, but she won't let me go alone >.<. I can pay for my own hotel, but if anyone would be willing to help me with the getting there getting back issue i'll be willing to go half in on hotel room, gas, to save money. If not i'll be home... watching the stream, doing homework, all that boring shit lol.

Allan Paris

Unfortunately i'm still 19 and car-less unlike most people here, so I can't do whatever I want. My mom would be willing to help me out with money, but she won't let me go alone >.<. I can pay for my own hotel, but if anyone would be willing to help me with the getting there getting back issue i'll be willing to go half in on hotel room, gas, to save money. If not i'll be home... watching the stream, doing homework, all that boring shit lol.

Take the gas money and fly there. You're going to spend as much money on gas as an air flight ticket coupled with food and stuff on the way there and back. Might as well fly and get that free snack and a small cup of juice/pop they offer while you're in the air. Sheraton Hotel where everything is held at has a shuttle bus that goes back and forth from the Hotel and airport. At least last time I was there it did. It should still be there.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Pretty much what Allan said, though not being able to travel alone may put a damper on that. Seriously, I get the whole "my house, my rules" thing parents have going on, but you're 19. Talk some sense into her. Flying alone isn't a big deal at all and you'll hardly be alone once you get to the hotel.

Game Over

I really would like to go to this. Is anyone from the Chicagoland area going?

ScattereDreams looks to be from Chicago (going by the location under his avatar). Sounds like he could benefit from a local guy helping him get the clear to go.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
si_1047_floor_1_md.gif

In general,
1AB is the "Anime Fighter" room like King of Fighters, BlazBlu, Guilty Gear, etc.;
3AB is the "2D Fighter" room such as Street Fighter and Marvel;
4/5 is the arcade and charity event area typically with Super Street Fighter II Turbo or Xmen vs Street Fighter;
6AB is Mortal Kombat and MAME area;
7AB is "3D Fighter" room such as Tekken, Soul Calibur and DOA.

The registration booth is right in front of 3AB with t-shirts available on the other side of 3AB's entrance.

Keep in mind that it can get really crowded at the event. It's best to hang around the room for which the tournament you entered is in progress so you don't get disqualified for absence when your match comes up. If you're leaving the room during your tournament please tell the tournament organizer that you are stepping out for a reason (Play another match, bathroom, food, etc.).

For those that want to find me and chill, I'll be the tall guy in the cowboy hat.

The DOA event will be on PlayStation 3 by the way. There will be at least 4 or up to 6 stations for play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD