[Aug 25, 2012] GVN Summer Jam VI - Aug 25 & 26 - Philly,PA (Philadelphia, PA)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I need a tag partner for the 2v2. Anyone interested? I know Rikuto and Cyberevil are taken.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Bass & Kasumi? Possibly.

Or I could partner up with VP and do Bass & Tina or Bass & Lei Fang.

VP might be a better choice as far as theme goes, haha.

You guys are running teams as well for DOA5? I guess I have to find a partner lol.

You can probably play a tag team by yourself. I'm not sure about how strict the 2vs2 requirement is but since it's mostly a 'for fun!' style tournament I can't imagine you'll be restricted to one character for playing alone or anything.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The tag tournament will be 2v2 . 2 players vs 2 players. 1 player per character.

Casuals you can obviously do whatever you want :p

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I've always enjoyed the strategy and excitement elements of it actually being a real team who uses synergy together. I feel that 1 v 2s are unfair as 1 player has full control of tag ins over the 2.

Rules will be finalized as the event comes up.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Fair enough. I don't think rules for a pre-release tournament are terribly important and all that, but uniformity is good and it'll be nice to get a head start on seeing how community rules fare in a legitimate tournament setting.

Holy shit, run-on.

Can't wait to get my hands on a new build. This event is going to be epic.

Side note: I require someone with a vehicle to bring me to a Chick-Fil-A at some point. This simply must happen and I'll compensate generously for gas if necessary. Fucking miss that heavenly fast food.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
2vs2 players DOA tag tournaments are honestly more hype to me than singles. Can't explain it...

But yea. We should probably do some match making for folks who want to play tag and don't have a partner already when signups get started.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The cab shouldn't be more than like $20. I won't be able to pick you up unfortunately since I'll be busy setting up at the event. Which bus station are you arriving at?

Vanity Assassin

Wish I could be there this year, my Wife and I have our 5 year anniversary that Saturday... if I decided to leave the state I may not be allowed back in. XD
take her with you, after all she did marry EVERYTHING about you lol, let her indulge in your love for video games :)

Smithy

The cab shouldn't be more than like $20. I won't be able to pick you up unfortunately since I'll be busy setting up at the event. Which bus station are you arriving at?
55-57 n. 11th st. btw. filbert st. and arch st. I'll chip in for gas too npnp

this is friday night and sunday night btw

or friday during the day if that's more convenient for someone, makes no difference to me

15 minutes from the venue by car. quadruple post lol

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I'll be busy with the setup, but I'm sure you can find someone to pick you up, or grab a cab. It isn't too far.

Smithy, please avoid double posting and instead edit your previous post if no one's replied.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
55-57 n. 11th st. btw. filbert st. and arch st. I'll chip in for gas too npnp

this is friday night and sunday night btw

or friday during the day if that's more convenient for someone, makes no difference to me

15 minutes from the venue by car. quadruple post lol

I might be able to do this.

MasterHavik

Yo, I need a room. I'm 19 years old and I don't drink or smoke. I'll be willing to split the cost of a room with anyone. Does anyone need a roommate?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Ok people here is what the Sheraton has left as far as rooms go for summer jam 6:

8/24** 24 ROOMS AVAILABLE
8/25** 43 ROOMS AVAILABLE
8/26** 14 ROOMS AVAILABLE

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD