DOA5LR Ayane Combo Discussion

Nuke-Nin

@Nuke-Nin: Umm, you haven't found anything new, at all. Both of what you posted are very old.

This is not a new Critical Burst Setup, PK > BTH+K > CB > 8P > BT4K, is very old as it is one of the first Critical Burst setups found within' the first week of the game.

oh i know but still people don't use the basic's enough usuallys its her PPPK string that people stick to.. but thanks for telling me

Nuke-Nin

Just made this video, my first video for a combo ever, how is it ? :p
I don't have capture card, so I used another controller and saved the match.
I like the idea of 66KK4 ~ BTH+K! the fact that BTH+K is a high really forces the opp. to think about ayane's options,

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Okay, but you posting old combos doesn't make that relevant though. There is an entire list of combos here on the very first page of this thread. Everything is there if people want combos. Including Ayane's new Critical Burst (BT 4H+K) within older combo setups is common knowledge. It's nothing new at all.

RE0

Been trying some of those combos out. Question, if the other character is already in a juggle is there really any benefit of using 66KK4 BT 7K compared to simply 66KKK? Less complicated and gives the same amount of damage.

Mesharey

Before 1.03 66KK BT 7K gave more damage, now they are both the same, I prefer 66KKK because it sends the opponent to the wall.
66KK BT 7K is better sometimes than 66KKK because the last kick is slow (in 66KKK) in a combo and the opponent reaches the ground.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@RE0: Yes, the benefit of using 66KK4, BT7K is that it "always" guarantee you air juggle damage. And it will never drop, and it is not complicated to do at all. 66KKK is not truly guaranteed as an air juggle because the third kick in 66KKK comes out slow. Which will drop your combo (and drop good damage, especially against heavyweight characters).

66KK4, BT7K is a much more viable option as an air juggle that guarantees you good damage in comparison to 66KKK when it doesn't always combo correctly.

RE0

I tried this one out a bit earlier: 66KK4, BT PPKK, BTPP4PP7K for 90. Not quite as damaging as the other potential variants so I guess it isn't as viable, but it also leads into my question that since there are numerous variants for the combos we could perform wouldn't the most damaging combo be the best to learn out of all the various launches?

On another note. Is there any difference between BT P+K P 7K and BT PP4PP7K? Both also seem to do the same amount of damage except BT P+K is two less hits.

I tried this one out a bit earlier: 66KK4, BT PPKK, BTPP4PP7K for 90. Not quite as damaging as the other potential variants so I guess it isn't as viable, but it also leads into my question that since there are numerous variants for the combos we could perform wouldn't the most damaging combo be the best to learn out of all the various launches?

In theory yes, but I think anyone serious about Ayane should be worried more about move properties than her highest damage combos. I've been trying to play a lot looser with Ayane and I've finally begun to catch on to her guerrilla-based style. Dart in, hit confirm, progress up the combo tree. 66kk4 is god like, and while you'll get juggle damage 9/10, knowing when BT pp kk, BT 33p, BT 4K, and even BT 6 H+K (god bless you Temple of the Dragon) would be a better option unlocks what I like to think of as her "Tengu Damage" lol Basically I just want to point everyone to iHajinShinobi's brilliant guide and urge everyone to become a little bit more 17th century shinobi (sneaky, patient, precise) and less NGII when playing Ayane.

Sorry for the text block, just wanting to join the conversation. My question concerning Ayane is about her movement. I'm just not tapping into how to get this character out of sticky situations and around her opponent. I usually start every match with 11, 8p, 7p, and approach with either P+K P 9, or P+K P 33 k(k): Is this wise? Feel free to be as blunt/exasperated as you need to be I want to get to the next level with the Female Tengu!

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@RE0: It's not always about obtaining the highest amount of damage every time you have opportunities to get damage. Ayane is a character who can obtain 60+ damage consistently throughout the match through; normal hit launchers, counter hits (especially this), stun to launch (especially this), sit down stun to launch, 64H+P throw setups (especially this), 64H mid punch holds, 46H mid kick holds, environmental hold damage, throw punishment, and critical burst setups. All of these options net Ayane very good damage on a regular basis, especially counter hit damage, which is usually 70+ or higher.

Using BTPP4PP7K instead of P+PP7K is an overall better choice as Ayane's bread and butter juggle because the additional BTPP potentially brings opponents closer to the wall for wall splat damage. It doesn't matter if they do the same damage or not. It's about doing things that keep you consistent throughout the match. Doing things such as ending a juggle that uses 66KK4, BT7K is overall better than ending a juggle with 66KKK because 66KK4, BT7K gives you no worries about your combo being dropped. Doing BTPP4PP7K BnB is better than P+PP7K overall as it's always has been since it brings opponents that much closer to being sent into a wall or object for additional damage.

@Vie du Soleil: Here's a link to some lesson matches I had last week with Red Reaper if you'd like a better example of how well Ayane's intergrated movement is used; http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/バッカみたい-the-ayane-video-thread.1369/page-3#post-81802

And to answer your question; approaching with P+K variants is pretty unsafe since they can all be hit easily by moves like Hitomi/Hayate's 236P and Jann Lee's 66K. Your best moves for approaching are;

- 3P
- 3H+K
- BT P/PP
- BT 2P
- BT 2K
- BT 6P
- BT 6K
- BT 4K
- BT 3KK *use sparringly*
- 11P *Whiff punishment only*
- 11K *Whiff punishment only*

dawnbringer

I would like to randomly note that BT PPPP and BT PP6KK4 are good for close-range pressure, since they both give only one opportunity to hold or sidestep on block, both give advantage on block. BT 6K is a very good move overall, it has decent speed and reach, very good on block, gives sit-down stun on counter hit. BT H+P has deceptively long range.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
To add on to what Dawnbringer said; both BT PPPP and BT PP6KK4 are your go to blockstrings while back turned. Making opponents wary that both strings exists means that both strings along with just a simple BT PP equals up to mixup potential while back turned. This also allows for BT PP2PK at times as well (plus 64H+P throw setups if you've trained opponents to block and not press buttons). BT PPPP/11P are +5 on block, while 66KK4/BT PP6KK4 are +1 on block.

As for BT 6K, it is a 15 frame mid kick, which is also +0 on block. It makes for a nice keep away tool. It can also be incorportated into P free cancel mixups since it gives push back on block that makes it relatively safe if blocked. It gives a sit down stun in critical stun, counter hit and on hi counter hit.

BT H+P has amazing range, it has about half of R1F range (round 1 fight). It has very good damage as well, especially it's hi counter throw damage.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I will be updating the OP of this thread with more combos, specifically guaranteed combos, once I get the opportunity to download the 1.03a patch for 360.

lripthejackerl

Just throwing this out there. I'm pretty sure someone has already found this combo. I was in sparring today trying out her new BT CB.

6K2K P K 4HK BT 4K 6P 2KK PP4P7K = 120 Dmg (works on lightweight characters but requires precise timing)
Also practically guaranteed with height required on counter hit.

On heavy characters I have found 2KK 7K works but only does 117 (give or take).

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Just throwing this out there. I'm pretty sure someone has already found this combo. I was in sparring today trying out her new BT CB.

6K2K P K 4HK BT 4K 6P 2KK PP4P7K = 120 Dmg (works on lightweight characters but requires precise timing)

I don't like to count anything starting with 6K2K as a combo. Because 6K2K itself it extremely easy to hold on reaction and it is terrible on block. The combo itself is fine, and is definitely an option if 6K2K hits. But anything that relies on 6K2K as a starter isn't that great because of what I said previously.

PK/H+K is definitely good for a CB setup, but not 6K2K.

Just so I'm sure do you mean 8KK instead of 2KK? Or am I doing something horribly wrong?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD