DOA5LR Ayane General Gameplay Discussion

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Damn, Danger Zone is going to be such a stupid stage. Ayane is hella dumb on this stage, LMAO. You guys are going to love this stage.

236K, PKK/BT H+KK, and 3H+K are all untechable, meaning they guarantee ground bounce. The 64T > 6K2K/3PK untechable I found last year guarantees 92+ lol. PKK is going to be a primary juggle on this stage, so long as PKK is the first hit that slams the opponent into the ground, then you're netting about 40-70+ additional damage (depending on juggle and opportunity for high fall).

The 236H+K refloat will also be amazing on this stage. A tip for timing it; whiff the i5 neutral throw > 236H+K.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Damn, Danger Zone is going to be such a stupid stage. Ayane is hella dumb on this stage, LMAO. You guys are going to love this stage.

236K, PKK/BT H+KK, and 3H+K are all untechable, meaning they guarantee ground bounce. The 64T > 6K2K/3PK untechable I found last year guarantees 92+ lol. PKK is going to be a primary juggle on this stage, so long as PKK is the first hit that slams the opponent into the ground, then you're netting about 40-70+ additional damage (depending on juggle and opportunity for high fall).

The 236H+K refloat will also be amazing on this stage. A tip for timing it; whiff the i5 neutral throw > 236H+K.

I kinda anticipated that lol. Glad you get all the fun =P! TN just keeps turning Ayane into more of a monster lol. So much ridiculous shit is gunna go down everytime this stage gets selected!

Aerospark

Standard Donor
Hajin, can you check if H+K (launch) > 66KK4 > 4P > 4P~K and/or H+K (launch) > 66KK4 > BTPP6P > 4P~K works as a juggle for Ayane?

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I really doubt you'll be able to chain two 4P's in pretty much any normal combo, unless you're juggling ALPHA of course lol. Giving Ayane any additional juggling ability off of BTPP6P in DOA5LR sounds like overkill TBH. Her BTPP6P shenanigans in DOA3 were retarded.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
:<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< My heart is breaking.

Don't feel bad... OH! I know what will cheer you up!

doa5___ayane_vs_alpha_152__1__by_existingbox9-d7dwh1y.jpg

Seeing how high Alpha will fly!
;)

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
What about 4P+K on a HiC / Critical Level 2 or whatever launch, BTPP6P / 4P > 4P > BTPP4PP7K? Is that too much for a combo or will it only work on slopes?

Yeah, you can't do multiple 4Ps in a juggle. The refloat only works in BTPP6P and even that's not happening.

The refloat is there to ensure her juggles from that string will hit without whiffing. You can definitely get some extra damage at higher launch height though.

4K > 4P+K > BTPP6P > BTPP4PP7K is a thing now.

CH 6P3P (6P3P in threshold) > BTPP6P > PP4PP7K is a thing on light weights now as well.

Last edited:

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
RIP 3KKK...

*looks at 6P3* Hey there, sexy.

I'm pretty satisfied. That said, kinda lame that she can't do PLs with 236H+K.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
It's going to take some time, but I'm going to be revising my Ayane guide for Last Round. Updating all of the information and adding new (and more) things I've overlooked before but am thoroughly aware of these days.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I think I've nearly mastered the footsie range as Ayane lately during my training (lab and matches). Finding the exact ideal spots to stand at for each footsie move, both pokes and movement. Ideal as in, I can place my decision on-screen at the right spot while also at the right distance to make the opponent character whiff something, or have enough time to react to their response.

I've always been really strong in footsies for a quite awhile now, but felt like something still wasn't quite right. Extensive study on Daigo, Fuudo, Momochi and Snake Eyez (Street Fighter players) footsies and space control has shown me what they're doing, how they're approaching the spacing game and how to control their ground. All the while also limiting their opponent's options on approach.

Some can say "Oh but you can just run up and then your spacing is done for in this game". No, the difference in this scenario here is that you are just backing away from the opponent without showing any influence of how to play spacing or how to control spacing, or shut down approaches.

Someone willing or just wanting to run up and be all "RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWR buttons bitch!" is the kind that has immediately chosen the route of constant disrespect because they see you "turtling" and can't fight up close, they have already lost the match against someone who can destroy that kind of approach.

To control the range neutral is to be precise in every button press, to know your opponent character's best options for approach, to read them, predict it and react. To limit the opponent's approach, that is when your spacing is formidable.

If your Ayane spacing is primarily about the 66KK4, your spacing is pretty mediocre.

If it's consisting of 5K and 3H+K, but they are normally randomly placed or often misplaced on screen, your spacing ideals are correct but the footsies are just badly lacking.

If you're spacing consist of 2Ps that actually counter hit approaches often, you are on the right track. And that is because you're actually placing a short range footsie poke at decent or good spots the opponent may be expecting your mids to come out at. Not an i12 frame low.

Last edited:

quash

What's your guys' take on spacing with 6K+H? I'm eating people alive with it in the arcades, but I don't know how legit it actually is. It does seem to beat a lot of lows, but perhaps my opponents just aren't spacing things right.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Ayane doesn't have a 6K+H.

She has a 1H+K, 2H+K, 3H+K, 4H+K, 5H+K, and an 8H+K, along with a bunch of moves from BT. Most of these moves are indeed very good in their own way.

quash

I'm doing it with 6, but okay. I'm talking about the half circular kick that looks like it might hit mid (or EX mid if that exists in this game) and launches on CH.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
If you input 6H+K, you get 5H+K. It is a High K that launches on CH. There are no EX highs or half-circulars in DOA5LR. 5H+K cannot beat out lows, that's either 3H+K or 4H+K. 5H+K is primarily used to launch an opponent during critical stun, but can be used to interrupt standing opponents for a CH launch if you know they'll use a slower mid or slower attack in general against you that doesn't have hi-crush properties (Kinda like "YOLO-launchers" in other 3D fighters, except 5H+K isn't a hopkick). Compared to her other options, 5H+K isn't really the best tool for spacing despite the solid reward when it hits on CH. It's high and unsafe on block and doesn't reach as far as 3H+K (which is safe on block).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD