Community Ayane&Momiji Training with HajinShinobi

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
There have been several players before and after TFC asking me about helping them out with Ayane. I haven't had time for it due to TFC, and then me taking a break from the game afterward.

Starting this Friday till 11/14/2014 (next Friday), I will host Ayane and/or Momiji sessions by request, to help players out that want to learn either (or both) character.

I will generally be available around or after 3PM-5PM PST during the week or weekend.

These sessions will be for those who have an interest in picking up Ayane and/or Momiji, or would like to learn more about utilizing the character. I will be doing these player sessions by request, so if anyone is interested, all you need to do is message me here, on my profile, in the Ayane/Momiji forums, on PSN or XBL. A time and day will be helpful so that I know when to plan a lobby for you and other players.

These will be small, 4 player lobbies, and I will be using a mic for PSN. XBL I will have to use Skype. Voice communication will make the training sessions a lot easier. I will go over the basics, character Integrated Movement, general fundamentals, how to establish a neutral game, some special specifics I have, and any questions or concerns someone may have regarding the characters.

Last edited:

Kohlrak

Offer sounds very tempting with Momiji. I'd try to pick up Ayane, but i still can't reliably do the KBD.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
KBD isn't necessary to play Ayane. Ironically, Ayane's Integrated Movement allows her to get away with not having to use KBD compared to almost any other character, especially someone like Momiji who benefits greatly from it. To KBD, practice slapping 214214 on your d-pad repeatedly until you get a smooth motion.

Kohlrak

KBD isn't necessary to play Ayane. Ironically, Ayane's Integrated Movement allows her to get away with not having to use KBD compared to almost any other character, especially someone like Momiji who benefits greatly from it. To KBD, practice slapping 214214 on your d-pad repeatedly until you get a smooth motion.

I've gotten alot closer on the stick (i only use the dpad for 4 4, because my fingers don't like me). Lately i've been using Marie which suffers when she gets distance. I need to stop putting that movement off and finally figure out how i can tell what exactly i'm doing wrong when i'm doing it.

DoANoob

I want to join as well. Since I have Core Fighters, I don't have Momiji as an unlocked character and I don't know when her next free trial might be. I'm hoping it's after Pai and Jackey's trial, but I do want to learn both Ayane and Momiji. PSN ID is Koningame.

Yurlungur

I've gotten alot closer on the stick (i only use the dpad for 4 4, because my fingers don't like me). Lately i've been using Marie which suffers when she gets distance. I need to stop putting that movement off and finally figure out how i can tell what exactly i'm doing wrong when i'm doing it.

JKT

Sounds really promising! Is there any chance for the sessions to be recorded for future reference on YouTube?

Kohlrak

@DoANoob and @Kohlrak just give me a day you guys are available up to or after Friday, and we'll get a session going.

Working on figuring that out right now. I'm thinking Saturday is going to be the best day i can work with. I'll try to give you a more definitive answer tonight.

That explains it. I thought it had to be 4 2 1 4 2 1 4 2 1 4..., not 4 2 1 4 4 2 1 4 4 2 1 4 4, which would make so much more sense, so that the 1 ends up canceling the back dash animation so that you could do it again, much like how sword slashes reset animations in Gunz allowing people to climb walls by slashing at them.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
@Kohlrak Alright that sounds fine good sir.

@JKT I wasn't planning on it, but I can definitely record a session for Ayane and one for Momiji for future reference.

Reactions: JKT

Kohlrak

@Kohlrak Alright that sounds fine good sir.

@JKT I wasn't planning on it, but I can definitely record a session for Ayane and one for Momiji for future reference.

I think it would be useful, especially if one of us learns a character from scratch. Videos where people already know certain things are less useful for beginners. I think we can assume that game basics are understood, though. Aside from KBD (which i'll be practicing until then), the rest is pretty much covered by the game. Frame data not so much, but there's that one link hidden on the forums to up-to-date data on a japanese website, which is great for reading topics on the forum. Though, maybe later i should post something so that people can read that site, but i'll need help on abbreviations. I'm still not up to snuff on fighting game lingo.

Reactions: JKT

Kohlrak

I'm re-downloading a game on my other account right now (Sony should've done things a better way), but i'm up for it all day long as long as i know when to come on, man.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I'm re-downloading a game on my other account right now (Sony should've done things a better way), but i'm up for it all day long as long as i know when to come on, man.

Let me know when is a good time for you and I'll try to be available at the specified time.

Kohlrak

What's good for you? I don't want to miss Master's stream, but i can. I'm open any time today. Other days are trouble. I could even worry about it now. If you want to coordinate more easily, i have skype if you want to do that.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD