DOA5U Ayane Video Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Nope, I look back at a lot of my replays and say "Why did I do that...." or "I should have done this instead, or better". Even recent play.

It's good to look back at your own play and own up to all of your mistakes.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
I do it all the time. Looking back at old replays makes me cringe lol, but I do review them from time to time.

The vast majority of my Ayane progression has come from reviewing replays interestingly enough. Not as much for other characters, but Ayane is just, well different lol.

Actually to be honest for any replay I watch of my play, all I see are the mistakes -_-.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
I do it all the time. Looking back at old replays makes me cringe lol, but I do review them from time to time.

The vast majority of my Ayane progression has come from reviewing replays interestingly enough. Not as much for other characters, but Ayane is just, well different lol.

Actually to be honest for any replay I watch of my play, all I see are the mistakes -_-.

That's actually a good thing.

Toi Stori

Hey guys, I'm back with a few more videos for critique. I really have to stop taking such long breaks from the game, the rust is awful lol. Let me know what you guys think @Force_of_Nature @iHajinShinobi. Also force, I've been watching your top tier tips on youtube weekly, they're are a HUGE help. Ive learned a lot of valuable information. Keep it up!

Btw, don't mind those two drill kicks in the vids. I threw them out there just for the hell of it lmao XD

JayceeChris

Hi guys, I need advice about the Ein/Ayane match-up. I'm struggling with Ayane's moveset since I'm not really familiar with her. I don't really know what to focus on, what is unsafe etc...so any help is much appreciated. Thanks.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
@JayceeChris

From what I could see, you played very well in those matches. Not really as a critique, but as a heads up Ayane's BT6P is -15 and her 6PK is -7. If Ayane flips over you like Alucardo kept abusing, you can generally PP, 2P, etc. right away. By and large I'd attempt to avoid fighting Ayane in close since her i12 2P can potentially become a nuisance for Ein. Great fuzzy guards on 66KK4 by the way! So refreshing to see great Ein play.

@ShinMaruku If you'd like to level up your Ayane, send me a PM. The Momiji player really didn't look like they knew what they were doing at times.

Last edited:

og23

What's good Ayane lords? So, I used to play Lisa, but I decided to switch to Ayane because she's a gangsta, I got rekt in this footage, and I would really appreciate advice helping me not get rekt in the future. So, after watching over the footage a few times, I can tell I have some pretty big problems regarding patience, but I'm not sure wat do after that. My match starts at around 2:22, I appreciate your inputs in advance

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
What's good Ayane lords? So, I used to play Lisa, but I decided to switch to Ayane because she's a gangsta, I got rekt in this footage, and I would really appreciate advice helping me not get rekt in the future. So, after watching over the footage a few times, I can tell I have some pretty big problems regarding patience, but I'm not sure wat do after that. My match starts at around 2:22, I appreciate your inputs in advance

I actually don't think patience was the issue, but more so a case of not quite utilizing the right move at the right range. I.e. A case of vulnerabilities in approach & keepout poking/spacing. I would recommend implementing 6P3 into your gameplay, because it can be a surprisingly handy tool, including during approach. I would also recommend learning Ayane's Back-Turned Stance (BT'ed) pokes in order to add more versatility to your arsenal for her overall gameplay. Stuff like BTPP~ strings can be good on approach. I also find that 5P is a bit safer than 5K as a poke thanks to quicker recovery, though 5K has more range and damage. I also liked that you reduced 66KK4 usage in that match from neutral.

CrudeRaven

A fight that i probably shouldn't have won. The opponent wasn't really trying but i think its worthy of an upload for my ayane.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Your opponent was trying, they just didn't seem to know how to take the neutral and apply any pressure. They were just doing stuff.

I'd still give the same suggestions I gave you yesterday;

1) Practice up some BnB juggles so you're able to get your damage more consistently. This thread here is a great start for combo advice; http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5lr-1-06-ayane-combo-video.6437/

2) Get more comfortable with your pokes in the neutral.

Up close;

- Jab (string follow ups), P4P, 2P, 5K, 6P (string follow ups), 6K (string follow ups), 1P (string follow ups).
- Jab > BT8P tactic provides great space and allows you to set the pace the more you use it. Also is a great mix up with P4P, P > BT throw and BT moves.

Mid range;

- 3P, 3K, 3H+K, 5K, and 33P while facing forward
- BT2K, BT4H+K, BT3K low string while in back turned stance

Just a few moves in each stance to keep it simple to work with.

CrudeRaven

Your opponent was trying, they just didn't seem to know how to take the neutral and apply any pressure. They were just doing stuff.

I'd still give the same suggestions I gave you yesterday;

1) Practice up some BnB juggles so you're able to get your damage more consistently. This thread here is a great start for combo advice; http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/doa5lr-1-06-ayane-combo-video.6437/

2) Get more comfortable with your pokes in the neutral.

Up close;

- Jab (string follow ups), P4P, 2P, 5K, 6P (string follow ups), 6K (string follow ups), 1P (string follow ups).
- Jab > BT8P tactic provides great space and allows you to set the pace the more you use it. Also is a great mix up with P4P, P > BT throw and BT moves.

Mid range;

- 3P, 3K, 3H+K, 5K, and 33P while facing forward
- BT2K, BT4H+K, BT3K low string while in back turned stance

Just a few moves in each stance to keep it simple to work with.
Thanks for the advice. I always have trouble with the BTPP4PP7K to finish so I normally do BTPP4PPP
And here's another video
Against someone who really destroyed my defense.Was a very annoying fight.

CrudeRaven

A few fights that i think show a little improvement.
This one was in the morning and i was really off my game, making a bunch of mistakes
but i didn't want to be the kind of person who only shows winning fights

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD