DOA5U Bass General Discussion: Champion Edition

MrMoon360

Wouldn't it be lovely if Bass's :6::6::P: caused a heavy bound if the opponent is hit in mid-air?

Hell, a NH heavy bound minus the tracking properties would be godly, but that's definitely a stretch to even hope for something like that in DOA.

Heavy Bound- A Heavy Bound effect has an airborne or crumpled opponent hit hard into the ground and then momentarily stood back up on their feet before eventually falling in a Face Up, Feet Toward position.
The opportunity to combo the opponent while they're involuntarily stood up is greater than that of a Light Bound.
Fall Recovery can be performed at the end of the Heavy Bound animation.

(Refer to this thread for explanation on VF style bounds: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/list-of-vf5fs-gameplay-additions-to-5u.3338/)

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Wouldn't it be lovely if Bass's :6::6::P: caused a heavy bound if the opponent is hit in mid-air?

Hell, a NH heavy bound minus the tracking properties would be godly, but that's definitely a stretch to even hope for something like that in DOA.

Heavy Bound- A Heavy Bound effect has an airborne or crumpled opponent hit hard into the ground and then momentarily stood back up on their feet before eventually falling in a Face Up, Feet Toward position.
The opportunity to combo the opponent while they're involuntarily stood up is greater than that of a Light Bound.
Fall Recovery can be performed at the end of the Heavy Bound animation.

(Refer to this thread for explanation on VF style bounds: http://www.freestepdodge.com/threads/list-of-vf5fs-gameplay-additions-to-5u.3338/)

like Jacky and Sarahs 4k+g.Would be nice. We were in the same room this morning. Looked forward to seeing you play but u didn't. Guess you were AFK.

MrMoon360

like Jacky and Sarahs 4k+g.Would be nice. We were in the same room this morning. Looked forward to seeing you play but u didn't. Guess you were AFK.

Yeah I looked up from my computer and saw I missed a turn, so left to play later when the game would have my full attention lol. That room had a decent amount of players too, the one I'm thinking of.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Actually :214::P: causing a bound in a juggle is more likely I think and it would look pretty awesome and fit well into Bass 'few hits, more damage' type of combos.

:6::6::P: (excluding :P::P::P: and :9::P::K::P:) causing a bounce similar to the DOA4 version of the move would make it more useful than it is now. At least in DOA4 you could get a :6::K::P: follow-up. Now it's just average.

Last edited:

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
I tried that, and its not working for me. tried it against Momiji too.
Check Wah's thread on 236+p h+p. He made a list of characters it works 100% of the time on. Momiji has one of those weird hit boxes. You can still use 214+p to air throw after limbo stun

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I've been thinking; since the :7::P: series is so goddamn useless other than the fantastic recovery on the initial :7::P:, is there a way to mix :7::P::P::+::K: with :426::h::+::P: or PB? I mean, both the :P::+::K: and the PB look similar and we already mix the PB and the Super Launcher already, why not just use all three similar-looking moves? Could be quite off putting for some people.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
I've been thinking; since the :7::P: series is so goddamn useless other than the fantastic recovery on the initial :7::P:, is there a way to mix :7::P::P::+::K: with :426::h::+::P: or PB? I mean, both the :P::+::K: and the PB look similar and we already mix the PB and the Super Launcher already, why not just use all three similar-looking moves? Could be quite off putting for some people.

I too was trying to think of a way that move could be useful, but it seemed like TN always had a knack for making Mr.strong's coolest looking moves "useless!" (In my Bass voice). 7p is slow, hits high, doesn't track, and has mediocre range. They could've at least make the p+k ender sabaki mid punches during the animation when he's swinging his arms. I only use it in juggles if I don't want to use 3 p+k, p+h.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I too was trying to think of a way that move could be useful, but it seemed like TN always had a knack for making Mr.strong's coolest looking moves "useless!" (In my Bass voice). 7p is slow, hits high, doesn't track, and has mediocre range. They could've at least make the p+k ender sabaki mid punches during the animation when he's swinging his arms. I only use it in juggles if I don't want to use 3 p+k, p+h.

WAiwaiwaiwaiwai, you can use 7P in juggles?

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
yep just like how you would use 3p+k, p+h to end a juggle. If the opponent is high enough you can use 7p, h+p

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Oh. So that means that he has two options when against the wall. :7::P: allowed for an airgrab on all characters since the recovery was short, but now he can throw the opponent either to the wall or away from the wall now.

miyodarius

Check Wah's thread on 236+p h+p. He made a list of characters it works 100% of the time on. Momiji has one of those weird hit boxes. You can still use 214+p to air throw after limbo stun
Nah brah, :4::4::P: (limbo stun) into :2::3::6::P: doesn't work. this most be only for the PS3 or something. But I been test somethings out with Bass on his ground game. and since :6::K::P: doesn't 100% gets a ground grab, I've been playing into his frame advantage with fully charged half circle. Been working alot, which makes for a easy 110 damage with :8::K: into :3::P+K: :F:.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD