DOA5U Bass Match Videos Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Duuude, where was the punish? I know you were trying some fancy tech trap or something, but come oooonnnn, pleaaaaase :(

This might actually make me go back to compiling the Christie throw punish list.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I don't know the matchup, every time i try to throw punish i get hi-counter blown or expect him to be mashing his buttons. It's easy to say after the fact when he stopped his strings, and she always seems safe whenever i try to throw punish.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't know the matchup, every time i try to throw punish i get hi-counter blown or expect him to be mashing his buttons. It's easy to say after the fact when he stopped his strings, and she always seems safe whenever i try to throw punish.

I'll start compiling a list in the near future.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
[medio]4085[/medio]
Awesome!

I find that I have the hardest time fighting her. Mostly my issue comes from a lot of heavy spacing by my opponent, which puts me at a disadvantage. Your pressure was solid, and you blocked the hits, rather than attempting a hold. I also like the deke with the charge, so good.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Awesome!

I find that I have the hardest time fighting her. Mostly my issue comes from a lot of heavy spacing by my opponent, which puts me at a disadvantage. Your pressure was solid, and you blocked the hits, rather than attempting a hold. I also like the deke with the charge, so good.

Wasn't me, I believe it was @QueenJakheiho .

There were some things I would have done differently, but it worked out for him in the end.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
If you ever see me use it, it's because I'm bored and really am thinking my opponent isn't worth my full effort.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
Quick question about the sumo stomp. Does it still provide invincibility against get-up tackle attacks vs Tina/Leon/Mila?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Found some Japanese Bass videos (the last four are Ninjyasyuriken):

The videos against CLKing were in the media section, but I hope the original uploader doesn't mind me directly linking these, as he was kind enough not to add any tags to em.

To be honest, I don't know what to think of him and his Bass. He's good and has the right mentality with occasional throw punish and baiting, but he lacks consistency which really hurts his game in some situations. And too much holding imo.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor

He had some promise, there were some things I don't agree with but I think a lot of them is because the match looked like it was pretty laggy. I still don't understand starting off a pick-up with 4P string. I would have expected more 3Ks out of him and 2Ps as well instead of going for power gong. I mean that's really what saved him was the two hi-counter TFBAs but I think those were more of luck than anything else. He also dropped juggles by doing 33PP instead of 33P > bnb, but I think that could potentially be attributed to lag. It's not like the Rig was really blocking.

Will edit my post as I check out the other vids when I get a chance.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Good stuff @Rich Nixon , I think a few of those juggles you could get a second :3::P: before doing the blender since Pai is such a light weight.

Also, this Pai didn't do it but she has a 9 frame jab so a lot of your blender options would have been stuffed if she just jabbed on wakeup. Should practice :6::K: more after blender.

Rich Nixon

Standard Donor
Good stuff @Rich Nixon , I think a few of those juggles you could get a second :3::P: before doing the blender since Pai is such a light weight.

Also, this Pai didn't do it but she has a 9 frame jab so a lot of your blender options would have been stuffed if she just jabbed on wakeup. Should practice :6::K: more after blender.

@Mr. Wah thanks for the tips. Did you see on the second match how my 44p after pickup whiffed? So many characters can crush his mids. I wonder if that was TNs intention.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah, I'm still trying to work on using that move in stun somehow, and using stun > launch more often.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Someone just got speed-dialed.

I'll write a post about this in detail.

This is a very important subject.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD