DOA5U Bass Match Videos Thread

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
You should have heard him at the arcade. After many of our matches it was "YOU MOTHER FUCKER!!!!" when pulling a clutch win.

Lol, that dude low holds too much when he wants to get out of something quick. And he always presses buttons after getting hit.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
So messing around in 1.05.

Fun stuff. I also found a new non-guaranteed way to mess people up with BT H+P :).

You'll see it especially in my Bass v Zack video. Basically :4::4::P: is holdable but many times you'll get it for free anyways. It's taking me some time to get it into my muscle memory but basically after Counter/Hi-counter BT :H+P: you do :9::P: :4::4::P: ~ opponent is in limbo stun so you can go for launcher, one more hit for CB mix-up, or :P::5::236::H+P:.

Bass v Mila

Bass v Rachel

Bass v Leon

Bass v Hayate

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, there are some really funky things you can do after the rope bounce. I started looking into it after finding some setups with 66P+K against rope and getting stuff like potential bt throws/OH or 9P/6KP. When your opponent doesn't hold (which is the only thing they can do in that situation), you can take full advantage of that by stuffing them with a nice 9PP or 236P on bt, which also has a chance of triggering the wall version of the throw followup, doing around 140/145 depending on the ropes.

It's a sick setup.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Dash in and :2: or :8: depending on stance.

Originally ropes always did a rope bounce. First DOA5 patch made it a wall hit. Unlike 66P+K or any attack that puts them in a bounce, the throw doesn't allow them to stagger since they're not in a critical stun.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Yeah, rope bounces resulting from hits can be stagger escaped while those resulting from throws only allow you to hold.

Also, footage from Kakogawa's Joy Plaza arcade:
goto 27:13, 59:55, 1:05:-actually don't, it was crap and 2:23:30 for footage of the very rare breed of Nippo Bassus Playerus.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

Couple of FT3 in a session we had between me, @Hurricane Rev , @Tulkas and Phantom Hiryu. Starts around 12:00. We had more games we didn't record, but maybe we'll record more for next time. I got used to Rev's habits in the matches we didn't record since I did use a certain pattern against his Mila.

I still got some bad habits I need to get rid of and fuzzy guard after slow escape better because I end up doing it wrong, since I buffer too soon and end up staying in crouch and staying in crouch. Other stuff would be reacting and punishing holds.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I was going through some Japanese arcade archives and found this gem:
This is probably the first 5U Japanese Bass I've seen being used right.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I Agree. I think the number of things I'd say he did wrong I could count on one hand, and I could argue most were just his opponents having a lack of experience so he could just feel he was getting away with it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD