DOA5U Bass wishlist

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I reckon as long as we're not getting into crazed stalker mode like some people and their Hitomi obsessions, what's the worst that's going to happen?

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Eh, I dunno, honestly you can't really help Bass unless he gets a speed buff. The +13 on the pick up can then be brought down to +12 unless because by then a 11i move would be guaranteed after that and that would be silly. If he doesn't get a buff like that, there would be no point to actually playing him against most characters, because that is just unfun, which is not what this character should be.

If anyone can come up with an excuse as to why he shouldn't get a speed buff, please direct them to this thread.

DontForkWitMe

Eh, I dunno, honestly you can't really help Bass unless he gets a speed buff. The +13 on the pick up can then be brought down to +12 unless because by then a 11i move would be guaranteed after that and that would be silly. If he doesn't get a buff like that, there would be no point to actually playing him against most characters, because that is just unfun, which is not what this character should be.

If anyone can come up with an excuse as to why he shouldn't get a speed buff, please direct them to this thread.

"A ninja should never lose to a wrestler"

Ever since DOA3 TN has been terrified of a top tier bass outclassing everyone especially ninjas so they will do everything in their power to never make that mistake again which includes giving him a speed buff.. I actually tried maining him for a bit as my Leon replacement back in vanilla DOA5 and couldn't make it passed his command training before deciding he just wasn't for me. he just felt so slow and gimped even compared to Leon(i13 jab wtf!?) who while slow overall had great mixups and crushes to make up for it while having the throw damage output Bass has. With the addition of 2 more heavy hitting grapplers like Leon and Rachel in 5U Bass is looking even more unappealing if he didn't get significant changes over vanilla

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Leon is back and I started playing Rig some time ago. If Bass doesn't get the needed buffs, I'll just move onto another character. Life is too short for any grappler character that is not Daigo/Goro Daimon/Potemkin.

LostSkeleton73

Standard Donor
I'd rather give the game up than give up playing Bass.
Pardon my frankness, but the idea that a wrestler should never beat a ninja is complete and utter bullshit. They have no qualms about tossing out damaging throws to Scrubabusa and Hate-a-tay (not to mention a bloody air throw for Busa, but whatever), because they want to buff them, but at LEAST level the playing field a bit. When I play against an opponent, I want to know that it's them that beat me, not the massive discrepancies between the 2 characters.

Sorry fellas, don't mean to get all riled up and such, just a helluva lot of frustration....

KidArk

Well Bass has one less thing to worry about FT are still present in the game , saw Ein do a hitomi FT by accident on youtube, it was juggle , knockdown 2K K, though I did see a video where bayman P+K didn't force tech anymore I'll assume the moves to force tech are different is all. Unless everyone knew FT was still in and I'm the one out of the loop << ....?

MrMoon360

Speaking of FTs. Bye bye to one followup.

byebyeFT3_zpsf893542b.gif

RoboJoe

Out of curiosity, why did Bass's BT throw loss OH properties? I know he got a similar BT low throw that is an OH, so I don't see why they would change the standing version.

Codemaster92163

I'm guessing they removed his BT OH properties because they knew he had a guaranteed 100+ damage combo from it, regardless of it being NH or HCH. Of course, setting it up could be tricky, but it really was either get hit by BT 4K for a sitdown stun into 33P, or get hit by his throw. Not that it made Bass OP by any means, but it's TN. They probably honed in on this one aspect and thought it was too much.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
All I can say is to complain to Team Ninja about it on twitter.

Been doing that. Just tell grape not be a jerk about it.

We can keep complaining even after the game is released though I'm not sure if they'll be releasing patches after gold release.

I suggest Bass players here voice their complaints because that seems to be the most effective way to pressure them to change something.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD