DOA5LR Brad Wong General Discussion and Help

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I was finally able to complete the PL combo challenge today. I somehow did it from the 2P side, but I'm not complaining. As long as all three of my tournament characters have their combo challenges 100% completed, I'm happy. Lol

Lulu

I was finally able to complete the PL combo challenge today. I somehow did it from the 2P side, but I'm not complaining. As long as all three of my tournament characters have their combo challenges 100% completed, I'm happy. Lol

LoL... HELL YEAH !!!!
Same thing happened to me with Jan Lee's Combo's Challenge.... it worked on the Other Side for some reason.

The good news is now you can work on a more practical Power Launcher Combo ;)

Last edited:

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Most of the combos in combo challenge are not practical, but are good for some things. For example, they do help me in knowing what moves are generally good combo enders.

Lulu

Most of the combos in combo challenge are not practical, but are good for some things. For example, they do help me in knowing what moves are generally good combo enders.

Oh dear I made a mistake.... I meant to say more practical Power Launcher Combos..... I fixed it.

Azurik_89

Found out something relevant to my last post. So I was angry that neither of his forward or backward laying down stance had a way to get around low or mid attacks. Well that's not true at all. I found out that while during backward laying down stance (:3::P+K:) if you press :h: while the enemy does either a low kick or a low punch you can parry their attack and it puts you back in your standing up position. However, this only works while he's laying down backwards and it's very impractical in a match because almost every fighter is going to be jabbing as fast as possible. At least there is some defense though.

I did Brad Wong's combo training as well and that's the only move I have been unable to do successfully. Two hours....wasted.

Lulu

Found out something relevant to my last post. So I was angry that neither of his forward or backward laying down stance had a way to get around low or mid attacks. Well that's not true at all. I found out that while during backward laying down stance (:3::P+K:) if you press :h: while the enemy does either a low kick or a low punch you can parry their attack and it puts you back in your standing up position. However, this only works while he's laying down backwards and it's very impractical in a match because almost every fighter is going to be jabbing as fast as possible. At least there is some defense though.

I did Brad Wong's combo training as well and that's the only move I have been unable to do successfully. Two hours....wasted.

Don't forget you can roll Side to Side. ;) thats bound to be usefull....

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I do find it to be bullshit that he can be hit by mid attacks while lying down. Overhead mids, fine. I feel that it puts Brad at a disadvantage.

Tulkas

Premium Donor
I do find it to be bullshit that he can be hit by mid attacks while lying down. Overhead mids, fine. I feel that it puts Brad at a disadvantage.
When I get a console I will do some research hoping to find some bokuho-like frames in LFT/LHT moves.

Last edited:

Tones

Premium Donor
Any move that puts you into LHT/LFT evades mids during recovery. Including Laying 8, laying 62.

KING JAIMY

I started with Brad Wong on Dimensions like two days ago. Now that I tried him in Last Round I noticed big differences. He's much more complex than I thought! My biggest gripe for now is what I am supposed to do in the neutral game with Brad Wong. He's really slow but once you get the stun he gets a lot of mix-ups. Currently I like using P6P, 3P, 2KP, 3K or 3KP for stun starters and P+K / 6P+K to get him back-turned. 2H+K at range is also godlike. Anything else I should definitely add to my repertoire?

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I started with Brad Wong on Dimensions like two days ago. Now that I tried him in Last Round I noticed big differences. He's much more complex than I thought! My biggest gripe for now is what I am supposed to do in the neutral game with Brad Wong. He's really slow but once you get the stun he gets a lot of mix-ups. Currently I like using P6P, 3P, 2KP, 3K or 3KP for stun starters and P+K / 6P+K to get him back-turned. 2H+K at range is also godlike. Anything else I should definitely add to my repertoire?
Yeah, open space is pretty tricky with him. You can frustrate people into rushing you if you just lie down head facing opponent. You can SS roll, parry low attacks, vault yourself forward with P+K or a fast low H+K, or even roll towards them with a 4PP.

Never chase after anyone unless you're racing the clock. The turtle will win those encounters more times than not.

Tones

Premium Donor
Never chase after anyone unless you're racing the clock. The turtle will win those encounters more times than not.
It's a pretty safe 50/50 if you use WR p/k at their max range. The stance entering after both option pretty much guarantees your next move to hit.

Lulu

I don't really have this problem with Brad Wong but since he has so many of these types of things I figured I should ask here first.

How do you Free Cancel directional commands ? I.e: :H+K::K::2_:

Lulu

So I finally took Brad out of the Dojo and into Arcade Mode..... so o was wondering. What moves do I use in the neutral game ?

Tones

Premium Donor
His safe and pseudo (pseudo = can only get nuetral thrown punished on block or it has a follow up) safe moves.

Lulu

I tried taking on the AI on level 8 and honestly I can't do it.

For the most part I'm use to the AI cheating but when I use Brad it gets ridiculous.... I get held literraly after the first stun no matter what I do.... then when I want punish the Hold with a Throw I get Fucking Hi Counter hit.

No.... TN Fucked up this time..... how are people suppose to get good with Brad ?

KwonJigglypuff

I still can't find a way to do his combo challenge. I have an issue with this one : :3_::P::[P]: then while standing up :K::K:

The timing is weird. Help me. :eek:

Lulu

I still can't find a way to do his combo challenge. I have an issue with this one : :3_::P::[P]: then while standing up :K::K:

The timing is weird. Help me. :eek:

Sly Bass' s method should work out nicely..... however I suck at it.... so if that doesn't work for you then try this: :6::6::3: :K::K:

I notice that regular dashing is faster than crouching dash meaning you'l be alot closer when its time to land the WR:K::K:.... its also significantly easier to buffer in a regular dash then crouching dashing....... the obvious problem here is that this takes longer because of the extra inputs.

Which ever method you use.... be sure to leave a long enough delay after crouching so you don't get :3::K::K: by accident.

Once you beat that challenge then you can move and never ever EVER !!!....look back. ;)

Same goes for his Power Launcher.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD