DOA5LR Call to contribution: Real distance for string

jjinkou2

I haven't found a correct formula to get the right distance for a string hit.

As you may have noticed, the info window gives an incorrect number. For example, for :P::P::P: the info window gives 2.25m but in reality it's around 3.75m.

Neither we can't add each distance provided for :P: and :P::P: and :P::P::P:, it's also wrong, it will result in 4.91m.

This is an opportunity for each of us to contribute on something easy.

The project is to give the real distance of a string. It will be done quickly if you want to contribute.
All the data will be collected to the xls file here:
http://www.freestepdodge.com/wiki/kokoro-frame-data-doa5lr/#xls-file

Method

Put the info window on. Step backward until the end of the string is about to whiff. Take down the distance round to 0.05.

How to contribute:

Just reply which block you want to do and give the distance for each string.

example: @jjinkou2
P 1.12m
P P 2.15m
P P P 3,75m
P P 6 P 3.55m
P P K 3.17m
P P K P 4.40m

block 1: Contributor @KING JAIMY
9 P 1.92m
9 P P 2.90m
9 P P P 4.06m
9 P P 2K 3.67m
9 P P 2K P 4.43m
9 P P 2K K 4.39m
8 P 2.60m
8 P P 3.57m
8 P 6P 3.84m

block 2: Contributor @KING JAIMY
7 P
7 P K
7 P K P
6 P
6 P P
6 P P P
6 P 6 P
4 P
4 P P
4 P P P
4 P P P P
4 P P 6 P
4 P K
4 P K P

block 3
3 P
3 P P
3 P P P
2 P
1 P
1 P P
1 P P P
1 P P 6 P
6 6 P
4 6 P
4 6 P P

block 4
4 4 P
3 3 P
3 3 P P
2 3 6 P
2 1 4 P
9 K
9 K P
9 K K
7 K
6 K
6 K P

block 5
3 K
3 K P
3 K 2 P
3 K K
3 K 4 K
2 K
2 K P
1 K
1 K K
1 K K P
1 K K 2 P
1 K K K
1 K K 4 K

block 6
6 p+k
6 p+k P
4 p+k
3 [p+k]
3 [[p+k]]
2 p+k
1 p+k
1 [[p+k]]
6 6 p+k
4 4 p+k
4 4 [[p+k]]
3 3 p+k
2 3 6 p+k
2 3 6 p+k P
2 h+k
2 h+k P
2 h+k K

Last edited:

KING JAIMY

First things first, I would like to say that this is a great idea! I admit that knowing distance of movestrings is very important to know, especially for spacing.

I would like to do one of those blocks but I don't understand the method. You say:
Method

Put the info window on. Step backward until the end of the string is about to whiff. Take down the distance round to 0.05.

Could you please elaborate on what you mean and give an example how you caculcated the distance (for example PPP)?

jjinkou2

Glad to see that people want to contribute. Yes you are right, knowing the maximum distance of each move is something necessary. we only know for one hit but this will give us more string move to use at distance.

Ok let me describe a little more how i have found the distance for PPP ( it was on VITA so DOA5+ may differ a little in the total, i didn't check. )

What we want is to find the maximum range of PPP.
So the 2 first :P::P: must whiff but the last :P: must hit at the tip. The 3rd :P: should hit at the maximum range. It takes several tries to catch the correct number.

I step back several times and hit PPP. As soon as the 3rd :P: whiff i know that the last try was good. In the 2nd panel of the info window there is the distance at the left side. that's the maximum range of your movestring.

Commmanda Panda

not relevant to thread, but it has to do with the file. I think I have added all of the missing moves and updated the frames data and info to match with the changes from Ultimate to Last Round. If I missed anything, let me know or anyone else add it to the list.

jjinkou2

Glad you want to contribute. It's really easy to do.

First pick a stage, dojo for example, pick kokoro and for the opponent choose a character that don't move a lot in stand-by (Genfu). Then put the info window on the 2nd panel and lock it (press the Right stick). A t the left side there is the distance between kokoro and genfu. That's what wee will look at for the range.

then do what i described here:

Ok let me describe a little more how i have found the distance for PPP ( it was on VITA so DOA5+ may differ a little in the total, i didn't check. )

What we want is to find the maximum range of PPP.
So the 2 first :P::P: must whiff but the last :P: must hit at the tip. The 3rd :P: should hit at the maximum range. It takes several tries to catch the correct number.

I step back several times and hit PPP. As soon as the 3rd :P: whiff i know that the last try was good. In the 2nd panel of the info window there is the distance at the left side. that's the maximum range of your movestring.

Can i put your name on block 3 and 4 ?

Lulu

I think its pretty awesome so many people came to help Kokoro out...... I wonder what that says about me :eek:

KING JAIMY

Here is block 1:

9 P 1.92m
9 P P 2.90m
9 P P P 4.06m
9 P P 2K 3.67m
9 P P 2K P 4.43m
9 P P 2K K 4.39m
8 P 2.60m
8 P P 3.57m
8 P 6P 3.84m

I'll do the second one later. :)

EDIT: I saw that I double posted, that was not my intention. :oops:

Bushido

Glad you want to contribute. It's really easy to do.

First pick a stage, dojo for example, pick kokoro and for the opponent choose a character that don't move a lot in stand-by (Genfu). Then put the info window on the 2nd panel and lock it (press the Right stick). A t the left side there is the distance between kokoro and genfu. That's what wee will look at for the range.

then do what i described here:

Can i put your name on block 3 and 4 ?
Sorry, count me out. I don't have time to do it as of right now, things came up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD