Cant choose a character

Demoth

No. I live in a place where drunk, womanizing, douchebag homeless people live under underpasses. His personality is not his kung fu.

How dare you! Brad shows great respect to his opponents, be they man or woman. He just sometimes happens across a pretty young woman and offers to perhaps take her out for a drink. The fact he's drunk.... well, okay, he's an alcoholic, but he's a good guy.

In fact, I think the reason I love Brad is because he doesn't strike me as a total dick bag like Jann Lee or Christie, and he's not all super try-hard deep and edgy like the main cast. He just wants to be silly, have good fights and not talk down to his opponents.

Brute

Standard Donor
How dare you! Brad shows great respect to his opponents, be they man or woman. He just sometimes happens across a pretty young woman and offers to perhaps take her out for a drink. The fact he's drunk.... well, okay, he's an alcoholic, but he's a good guy.
In fact, I think the reason I love Brad is because he doesn't strike me as a total dick bag like Jann Lee or Christie, and he's not all super try-hard deep and edgy like the main cast. He just wants to be silly, have good fights and not talk down to his opponents.
Alcoholics are not good guys. Especially when they're so drunk they begin to grope unwilling women.
He is a total dick-bag, just like Jan Lee. Just doesn't have as much Joe, is all.

Demoth

Alcoholics are not good guys. Especially when they're so drunk they begin to grope unwilling women.
He is a total dick-bag, just like Jan Lee. Just doesn't have as much Joe, is all.

Alcoholic video game characters. I deal with alcoholics all day long as part of my job so saying they're all bad is taking a game with a fictional character and taking it to a realm I'm no longer comfortable with.

Besides, it's debatable if Brad truly drinks or not, as he's a comedic character who has this slyness about him. Doing Drunken Fist, let alone any martial art that requires a very difficult degree of balance, joint strength and awkward positioning would almost certainly end in servere injury.

Honestly, it seems like an act. Also, when did he actually grope someone? I saw a still for DOA Dimensions with Ayane, and I don't know if it qualifies as a grope.

In either case, any time he puts a hand on a girl's shoulder, they end up punching him. In the context of the game and the reactions of the girls, I submit it is simply a comedic character who doesn't actually go around drunk groping up random women.

Brute

Standard Donor
Alcoholic video game characters. I deal with alcoholics all day long as part of my job so saying they're all bad is taking a game with a fictional character and taking it to a realm I'm no longer comfortable with.
Saying anything is all bad will always be a gross generalization (yes, even abhorrent shit like Nazis). Nevertheless, the aspect of drink in a drunk's life is more often than not a negative influence on what I perceive to be good character (intellect, showing respect and compassion for others, making informed decisions, being responsible for one's own actions, etc.) and thus the generalization comes that being a drunk is not a great thing. Especially if you're acting like Brad Wong as a result.

Besides, it's debatable if Brad truly drinks or not, as he's a comedic character who has this slyness about him. Doing Drunken Fist, let alone any martial art that requires a very difficult degree of balance, joint strength and awkward positioning would almost certainly end in servere injury.
He takes a swig nearly every match. Unless he's just hardcore trolling with a water bottle, he's drunk.
If he's not drunk, that just makes his juvenile behavior even less tolerable.

Honestly, it seems like an act. Also, when did he actually grope someone? I saw a still for DOA Dimensions with Ayane, and I don't know if it qualifies as a grope.
Like every times he sees a woman ever.

In either case, any time he puts a hand on a girl's shoulder, they end up punching him. In the context of the game and the reactions of the girls, I submit it is simply a comedic character who doesn't actually go around drunk groping up random women.
It's true that what you like in a video game character does not necessarily correspond with what you find admirable in a real person. Nonetheless, stereotypical drunk behavior is something I despise in real life and in video games. It's indulgence of cliche into overdrive without a spin. I'm not making a case that DOA has other characters who are awesomely written (it really doesn't), but Wong stands out as one of the most exceptionally annoying in terms of canon personality.
I don't mind him in-game, though. Except that headbutt...

Demoth

Saying anything is all bad will always be a gross generalization (yes, even abhorrent shit like Nazis). Nevertheless, the aspect of drink in a drunk's life is more often than not a negative influence on what I perceive to be good character (intellect, showing respect and compassion for others, making informed decisions, being responsible for one's own actions, etc.) and thus the generalization comes that being a drunk is not a great thing. Especially if you're acting like Brad Wong as a result.

He takes a swig nearly every match. Unless he's just hardcore trolling with a water bottle, he's drunk.
If he's not drunk, that just makes his juvenile behavior even less tolerable.

Like every times he sees a woman ever.

It's true that what you like in a video game character does not necessarily correspond with what you find admirable in a real person. Nonetheless, stereotypical drunk behavior is something I despise in real life and in video games. It's indulgence of cliche into overdrive without a spin. I'm not making a case that DOA has other characters who are awesomely written (it really doesn't), but Wong stands out as one of the most exceptionally annoying in terms of canon personality.
I don't mind him in-game, though. Except that headbutt...

I suppose its because in the setting he is put in is so far removed from any type of believability, I find his drunken persona to be charming, and possibly not even drunken but just whacky.

Obviously if he truly were just some drunken slob who abused people and was did things like have neglected children, then yeah, it wouldn't be so slap stick.

But in his dark universe of edgy ninjas, super ninjas, mega assassins and world dominating conglomerates, Brad just comes across as "you're all so ridiculous, I'm not even taking you guys seriously anymore".

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
If you have patience and want to feel a great sense of accomplishment? Akira. He is more fun than any other character IMO.

Scott

The great Rikuto once told me to find a move that most signifies what you would want to do to someone when you're pissed at them. Then learn that character and fulfill your desire for bloodshed.

vINv

Its up to you practice with one char learn all their moves then g into practice and have someone explain the move details to you so u can learn frames and decide how long u want to practice for some chars are easy to play as but are hard to b good with so play somone u want to b dedicated to ignore comments about easy to use chars and learn who u want

lucky jim

The great Rikuto once told me to find a move that most signifies what you would want to do to someone when you're pissed at them. Then learn that character and fulfill your desire for bloodshed.

Thats really good advice and I think it just helped solidify my character choice :)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
You know, I think subconsciously I made my character choice this way too. I agree with this statement.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD