Character development *Future patch discussion*

Brute

Standard Donor
He couldn't do Izunas off cliffs before, could he?
He could on Ends of the Earth and that one section of the raft with no rail.

After further testing, only the juggles after an Izuna into the ceiling have been nerfed: "Removed Counter adjustments after ceiling throws. Even Hi Counter follow up attacks act like normal hits." I can't seem to get an Izuna juggle that does as much damage as the Izuna drop without having a wall nearby. But that may just be me :)
Yeah I heard they nerfed that 41236T->Shoho ceiling combo. I'll do some testing with it in the lab when I get some time to find damage output in relation to just finishing the indoor Izuna Otoshi.

@Paul_Mainville: I'll look at some of those when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still adjusting to the less reliable 3H+K as a "distance force tech" so I'll let you know when I get some tech set-ups going. xD

Kakita

Well with +20f I doubt it will be beaten out. Here's instance where it might actually be good... I'll test later and report.

Kakita

He could on Ends of the Earth and that one section of the raft with no rail.

Yeah I heard they nerfed that 41236T->Shoho ceiling combo. I'll do some testing with it in the lab when I get some time to find damage output in relation to just finishing the indoor Izuna Otoshi.

@Paul_Mainville: I'll look at some of those when I get the chance. Thanks for the heads up. I'm still adjusting to the less reliable 3H+K as a "distance force tech" so I'll let you know when I get some tech set-ups going. xD
The 3F+K nerf isn't too bad because he now does much better up close. It still a good move, but it just won't be spamed anymore, neither will his pathetic Ongyoin 6P. Let me know how the untechables go.

Also, any findings regarding untechables should be posted in the other thread I made. Makes looking for them easier for everyone. I just added the ones I posted earlier in this thread as well as observations.

MajesticBlue

Great work on finding the untechables Kakita! This sounds like very good news. It kinda sounds like the pseudo ones I found before the patch. Do they auto tech up or do you have to force tech them with like 7K? Either way it sounds awesome. If I had the PS3 version I would help break it all down but I have it on the 360. So sadly I gotta wait. I am a bit jealous I admit lol. Looks like we can get back in the fray!

If you don't find it all out before I get there I will be sure to help out =P.

Kakita

Great work on finding the untechables Kakita! This sounds like very good news. It kinda sounds like the pseudo ones I found before the patch. Do they auto tech up or do you have to force tech them with like 7K? Either way it sounds awesome. If I had the PS3 version I would help break it all down but I have it on the 360. So sadly I gotta wait. I am a bit jealous I admit lol. Looks like we can get back in the fray!

If you don't find it all out before I get there I will be sure to help out =P.

My friend these are 100% legit untechables. Upon completion, they forcetech right away no need for 7K.

It's a nice juggle that gives you +20 frame advantage... So sweet. No hurry for the help. I mean there's plenty to look into. This far I only covered the PP4PK string which works with 3 of his launchers. There are other moves to look into (6KP, 8KK) and those I found are mostly for mid weight characters. There so many variables to consider and that's what makes this so addicting! Join the party whenever there's plenty of work!

MajesticBlue

Oh, I wasn't saying that they were pseudo force techs, just that they look like the psuedo ones I have been using is all. As far as terminology goes the reason I asked if 7k was needed is if they were like Doa4, where if you did the untechable you could choose how you wanted to force tech them for different options and advantage.

6KP used to have psudeo properties as well as 8KK, I doubt they would work as good as PP4PK though. If they even cause force tech the only reason I could see to use them would be if they gave different advantage or PP4PK doesn't work in a certain set up.

Ongyoin K 8P PP4PK was a high counter juggle that force teched Kasumi (Not sure about the others. Can't remember. It also wasn't a pseudo) before the patch. Kinda neat that the new P+K4 could let us get stuff like that after CB! easier.

Kakita

Right I understand what you mean. Funny how PP4PK in Doa 5 is just like in Doa 4, forcetechs similarly.

As for untechables were you chose how get the character up like his old 1K, so far I haven't found one. This far te only moves I had success with are PP4PK and 6KP and the reason they work is because they're vertical slamming attacks. Patch notes to the general system hinted to these moves having new teching properties now, and these type of moves only.

MajesticBlue

Hey I have a quick question for anybody with the patch. If you stun with 6K and then do another 6K do you get the old 6K launch that nets you an air grab? I was starting to wonder if maybe he has untechables off his launchers like 3P, 3P, or any move you can use as an unconventional launcher by maxing out the stun threshold.

Kakita

Hey I have a quick question for anybody with the patch. If you stun with 6K and then do another 6K do you get the old 6K launch that nets you an air grab? I was starting to wonder if maybe he has untechables off his launchers like 3P, 3P, or any move you can use as an unconventional launcher by maxing out the stun threshold.
Yes both 3P and 6K if used twice in a row will launch for the air grab, not sure what the untechable will be because I can't test right now will later tonight. I'll test 6KP when I get a chance.

MajesticBlue

Yes both 3P and 6K if used twice in a row will launch for the air grab, not sure what the untechable will be because I can't test right now will later tonight. I'll test 6KP when I get a chance.

Thanks. I just was thinking about their launch heights and like you said, was wondering what 6KP would do. Maybe even 8KK. Figured they were at least worth a mention. Since I hardly ever see launchers like that brought up anywhere.

Kakita

Thanks. I just was thinking about their launch heights and like you said, was wondering what 6KP would do. Maybe even 8KK. Figured they were at least worth a mention. Since I hardly ever see launchers like that brought up anywhere.
It untechables are possible from 3P and 6K launch that would be good. Othewise, you're better off launching with 4K or using sitdown stuns or his new P+K4 move. All these moves either lead to nasty untechables or high damage. Hayabusa does so much damage, you don't want to sacrifice too much.

MajesticBlue

Do you think there is any chance the untechables are an unintended part of the bad patch? Also I hear they pretty much nerfed the ground game for everybody else, so it is kinda odd. As far as I see either Ryu was one of the only characters to get true untechables again or other characters are ill equiped / nobody else is looking for them. At least going by the boards here I see no other speak of them with any other character. I know it was an intended system change but maybe they didn't think it through or went about it wrong. Just saying.

Brute

Standard Donor
bad patch
grenicon_t.png

MajesticBlue

The way I see the patch is pretty simple. I think the balance in Doa 5 is pretty bad, however they don't have enough time to go back and balance everything prim and proper like. So as a subsitute of balance, the patch is one way to make the game competitive and interesting. While I would be strongly against aspects of it in the pre-release, it is pretty much one of the only ways left to change much since the balance testing is over. I mean at this point I would rather have a fun game since logical is already out the window.

On a side note. Does Ryu get Shoho Izuna guaranteed off of 214P now? I really want to see how what sitdown stuns he can string together and stuff.

MajesticBlue

Yes it was.His only guaranteed options were 33P and 3P+K. Also I think 236P would be guaranteed as well. Chances are that can lead into a possible untechable situation and be a little better then Shoho. The Shoho might be a better options for ceilings and style points though. I also see 3P/6K into sitdown stun mixups, since Ryu has such deep stuns. React, guess or die.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD