Characters that impresses you in DOA5

NightAntilli

I'm impressed with Lisa. I never really found her attractive, but in this one I do. I'm actually impressed by most of them. Notable mentions are Helena, Leifang, Brad Wong, Kokoro, Mila, Rig. Who I'm definitely not impressed with is Ryu, Hayate, and Gen Fu. The rest are somewhere in the middle.

TakedaZX

God, I know. I was introducing my friend (a muay thai practitioner) to DOA, and he said "Do any of them use muay thai?" I answered: "Uh... sorta..." and so he picked Zack. Wasn't impressed.
But Zack isn't suppose to be traditional Muay Thai. He's a DJ, a party animal, and he happens to love to fight too. He tries to keep it upbeat. Unfortunately he's become the comic relief of the game... fortunate for me

Probably better that you introduce him to Mila though. She's MMA which I think would be closer.

Even still he can be a good competitor in this game.

Brute

Standard Donor
But Zack isn't suppose to be traditional Muay Thai. He's a DJ, a party animal, and he happens to love to fight too. He tries to keep it upbeat. Unfortunately he's become the comic relief of the game... fortunate for me
Probably better that you introduce him to Mila though. She's MMA which I think would be closer.
DOA5 wasn't released yet at the time, or I probably would have. ;)

CrimsonCJ

Even still he can be a good competitor in this game.

The only way this would be OK is if Helena was slapping people with litigation summons using her attacks as a means of using Pi Qua. It would make about as much sense as the Blanka ball.

And in a game where almost everyone who isn't a ninja is up for comic relief, he does manage to find a particularly harrowing low in the sheer racism of his design.

TakedaZX

It would make about as much sense as the Blanka ball.
Oh the blanka ball makes sense... you just need for your vertical leap to be above average and to be able to front flip. Of course the physics for it on hit/block are incorrect. In all actuality you'd probably trample over the person or get pushed back slightly if they're strong enough to push you back.

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
In order:

1) Ayane - I have many other video game characters I idolize, like Megaman and Sonic. But Ayane is simply my most favorite female video game character, period. Too many reasons to list but I'll say her back story is what really drew me in aside from me being very comfortable to her play style in the DOA "Fighting" series. Her tools and fighting style fit my style of play more than I originally thought it would.

2) Hayate - I basically decided to pick up Hayate as a sub character in DOA4. I still like using him quite a bit in DOA5 as well. Not much else to say except I think he's a pretty good character to play and can be very formidable if someone really master's him.

3) Sarah - Never used Sarah in Virtua Fighter 5, I played Eileen. But since a few Virtua Fighter characters are in this game, I might as well try one of them so I gave Sarah a try since I unlocked her in Story Mode. Not gonna lie, the VF cast flow quite well in a DOA game. I'm barely getting started on learning Sarah, but I really, really like how she flows.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD