- Short Notation - Hold that Direction
:7: :8: :9: - 7 8 9 - :7_: :8_: :9_:
:4: :5: :6:
- 4 5 6 - :4_: :5: :6_:
:1: :2: :3:
- 1 2 3 - :1_: :2_: :3_:

(Notations copied from Kupo)

Suggested Combo Section Structure:

1- Combos from stand (regular situations)
2- Combos from counter
3- CB combos
4- Wall Combos
5- Sit-down guaranteed combos
6- Heavy opponent combos
7- Slippery surface combos
8- Combos after throw

The following combos are credited to Einzelkind
1. Neutral Hit Launchers

1.1 :9: :K: -Launcher (high kick) [low crush]

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (59)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m (55 )
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (55)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l (82) [ ~JAH :P: :P: as the juggle finisher does 8 points less damage]
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m/both cl only (80) [ :2: :K: works on cl and op and does 2 points less damage]
:K: :K: , :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; m (79)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h/cl (74)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (69)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; h (68)

3)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m (97)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l, m cl only (96)
:K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m (93)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h (89)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; h (82)

1.2 :3: :P+K: :K: (mid kick) [forward roll crushes highs and some mids] The distance between Christie and her opponent also influences the launch height

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (63)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; m(69) [either I'm stupid or you get a better juggle on mid weights]
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (59)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m(87)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m(85) [ :2: :K: for 2 points less damage]
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:;h(79)
:2: :P: :P:, :6: :K: :4: :K:; h(73)

3)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :8: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l (108)
:2: :P: :P: , :K: :K: :8: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P: ; l,m(104)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; h (103)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (102)

1.3 :3: :3: :P: (high punch) [high crush]

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (55)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (51)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m(77)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h (69)

3)
:2: :P: :P:, :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l (92)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m,h(91) [strict timing on heavy weights]

1.4 ~JAH :P+K:(high punch) [high crush]

same as 1.3

1.5. BT :H+K: (mid kick) [high crush, some mids]

same as 1.3

1.6 Special case :8: :P: :P: (mid punch) These are the juggles for the first hit. If only the second one hits you get a ground bounce (as far as I know you can use the juggles for :3: :P+K: :K: for it)

1) follow up with the second :P:

2)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (72) [strict]
:6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m (60)

3)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m(92) [strict]
:P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (86)
:2: :P: :P:, :6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m(85)

Didn't to the CH ones yet, but here's a list of them.

2. Counter Hit Launchers

2.1 :4: :H+K: (high kick) leaves Christe backturned

2.2 :3: hold :P: (mid punch) [high crush, teilweise auch mids]

2.3 :8: :K: (mid kick)

2.4 ~JAH :P: (mid punch) [high crush]

2.5 BT :P+K:(mid punch) [high crush]

2.6 BT :4: :K: (mid kick)

2.7. :1: :P: :K: (low punch, mid kick) [high crush]

3. Special Cases

3.1 :2: :1: :4: :P: (mid punch) ground bounce on backturned opponents

3.2 :H+K: :K: :K: (mid k, high k, mid k) third hit gives a ground bounce

3.3 :3: :P: :P: charge :P: (mid punch) attack throw thingy

No Timing Power Launcher Combos

For information about the format of these combos go here

Unless specified otherwise, assume the next input after a stance transition is in that stance.

No Wall:
Alpha/Light: :214::[[p+k]]:, :H+K::K:, :P::K::K::2::K: (115)
Middle: :214::[[p+k]]:, :H+K::K:, :K::K::2::K: (112)
Heavy: :214::[[p+k]]:, :6::K:, :P::K::K::K: (107)
^These may whiff on certain characters, and just don't work on others. It seems stance related, but I was unable to confirm exactly what the issue was. The only reason that they are here is because they do more damage than the others below.

More consistent juggles:
Alpha: (:P:) :7::P:, :4::H+K:, :P+K:, :P::K::K::2::K: (111)
Light/Med: (:P:) :7::P:, :H+K::K:, :P::K::K::2::K: (108)
Heavy: (:P:) :7::P:, :H+K::K:, :K::K::2::K: (105)

Wall: Required for :3::P::P::P:
Alpha: (:P:) :7::P:, :7::P:, :6::K:, :3::P::P::P: (107)
Light/Middle: (:P:) :7::P:, :H+K::K:, :3::P::P::P: (104)
Heavy: (:P:) :7::P:, :H+K::K:, :6::K::P: (95)

Last edited by a moderator:

Mr.Kwiggle

definitely will contribute once the games out! And i think u pretty much hit every subject so the list seems fine.

riceman789

I found this on youtube. But they're just beginners to remind you guys. If I have time later on I'll write the notations down. May or May not be guarantee either for these.

Goro Hazuki

Thanks for sharing the video Riceman789. Yeah, only two of those combos were viable. I am currently working on the Akira thread and combos at the moment, so all the input from you guys on Christie will save me some time when I update this thread. I already have a lot written down, but more input and ideas would be great.

For the combos, I think setting the training dummy on fast and fastest recovery is ideal. I plan on putting a * notation next to combos that work up to fast recovery, and a ** notation next to combos that work all the way up to fastest. Let me know if you guys are fine with this, and I will go ahead accordingly.

riceman789

Thanks for sharing the video Riceman789. Yeah, only two of those combos were viable. I am currently working on the Akira thread and combos at the moment, so all the input from you guys on Christie will save me some time when I update this thread. I already have a lot written down, but more input and ideas would be great.

For the combos, I think setting the training dummy on fast and fastest recovery is ideal. I plan on putting a * notation next to combos that work up to fast recovery, and a ** notation next to combos that work all the way up to fastest. Let me know if you guys are fine with this, and I will go ahead accordingly.
Awesome man, yeah I like Christie and Eliot a lot so I'm gonna try to contribute as much as I can. I still new to the DOA scene so if something seems to be wrong on my part let me know. Appreciate the feedback guys :).

ILYA✰

I saw your rank is high already :))
Any great matches so far?
I have had about 100 atm and only about 5 of them were some challenge... Lol

Mr.Kwiggle

@ ILYA if you are talking to me then yea I've had a few good matches haha I dont really play rank that much for a few reasons though. The lag being a big issue obviously xD people on ps3 play as if they have no idea what they are doing, and lastly because when i do have a good match and want to save the replay. After i save it and go back and watch it, its like the game failed to load the data right. There will be times in the matches where me n the opponent were just standing around or right in each others faces just movin around. Wtf lol but i play ranked because the people on there are usually more challenging to play than people in lobbies. Hope that evens out soon.

Goro Hazuki

The lag being a big issue obviously xD people on ps3 play as if they have no idea what they are doing, and lastly because when i do have a good match and want to save the replay. After i save it and go back and watch it, its like the game failed to load the data right.
It's bad online because I think the inputs are lagged, so it doesn't record properly. Offline matches record just fine.

FakeSypha

Well, I was bored and tired of laggy online so I made a crappy combo video, yay! Nothing special or deep, tho. Just some stun mixup variations, a couple of juggles, and that's it. Don't bash me :oops:

I don't even cover all launchers, or specify weights, or anything. Just to made that clear, it's not intended as some sort of guide. Also, when you see :214::P:, then :6::P+K:. Well, that CB is not guaranteed, sadly. The opponent can slow scape from that sitdown stun before the CB lands.

ILYA✰

So I was wondering what you people go for after :4: :F+P: ?
I usually go for :1: :P: :K: since it launches pretty easy and fast. Also I dont remember so many people escaping it.

Also speaking about air juggles :2: :P: :P: is a gift!

FakeSypha

I usually go for :1: :P: :K: since it launches pretty easy and fast. Also I dont remember so many people escaping it.

Also speaking about air juggles :2: :P: :P: is a gift!
Sadly, that throw is the same crappy thing from DOA4. You'll get your opponet BT, but he/she can just guard about anything you do in time.
So my lame strategy here is seeing how do they react and try to adapt to it. If I'm facing a clueless guy, well I just 9K and then juggle, or even whatever string to get a CB, then launcher, then juggle. For the ones who try a low sweep type of attack I do 7K to crush it. And lastly, for the ones to tend to remain guarding I go for another throw. So, yeah... yomi yomi yomi. What if I do a bad read? well, you get your shit slapped for punishing your opponent with that stupid throw :(

Goro Hazuki

Sadly, that throw is the same crappy thing from DOA4. You'll get your opponet BT, but he/she can just guard about anything you do in time.
So my lame strategy here is seeing how do they react and try to adapt to it. If I'm facing a clueless guy, well I just 9K and then juggle, or even whatever string to get a CB, then launcher, then juggle. For the ones who try a low sweep type of attack I do 7K to crush it. And lastly, for the ones to tend to remain guarding I go for another throw. So, yeah... yomi yomi yomi. What if I read i? you get your shit slapped for punishing your opponent with that stupid throw :(

Yeah, basically this. Sometimes it's good to even throw in a :214::P: for a sit-down stun because a lot of (noobish) opponents just mash P to get out of it. It is a gamble though, but rewards with a guaranteed follow up launcher.

Scornwell

Neutral throw works pretty well, especially against an unprepared opponent.
I've noticed a lot of opponents will attempt a low sweep, or at least something low when they are force BT'd, so whatever you do, don't just slap "p" as they will crush your shit like stomping a bag on fire at your front door. Maybe this is just from my experience...
I actually use 6k a lot, too. Shouldnt work, don't know why it works, but it usually works.

Einzelkind

Hey, I recently wrote this for another board. I thought I should just post it here as well. Since the thread already exists, I'm just gonna put it in here. I wasn't done, but it's a start. Not sure if those are the best options she has, so just feel free to correct what's wrong. I sometimes listed some additional juggles, because some only work on closed or open stance. The way you have to use her Jaheiko also changes sometimes. :2: :P+K: works better most of the time, though.

1. Neutral Hit Launchers

1.1 :9: :K: -Launcher (high kick) [low crush]

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (59)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m (55 )
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (55)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l (82) [ ~JAH :P: :P: as the juggle finisher does 8 points less damage]
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m/both cl only (80) [ :2: :K: works on cl and op and does 2 points less damage]
:K: :K: , :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; m (79)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h/cl (74)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (69)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; h (68)

3)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m (97)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l, m cl only (96)
:K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m (93)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h (89)
:2: :P: :P: , :6: :K: :4: :K:; h (82)

1.2 :3: :P+K: :K: (mid kick) [forward roll crushes highs and some mids] The distance between Christie and her opponent also influences the launch height

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (63)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; m(69) [either I'm stupid or you get a better juggle on mid weights]
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (59)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m(87)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m(85) [ :2: :K: for 2 points less damage]
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:;h(79)
:2: :P: :P:, :6: :K: :4: :K:; h(73)

3)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :8: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l (108)
:2: :P: :P: , :K: :K: :8: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P: ; l,m(104)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; h (103)
:2: :P: :P: , :P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (102)

1.3 :3: :3: :P: (high punch) [high crush]

1)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m (55)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; h (51)

2)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m(77)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; h (69)

3)
:2: :P: :P:, :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l (92)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :K: :P:; l,m,h(91) [strict timing on heavy weights]

1.4 ~JAH :P+K:(high punch) [high crush]

same as 1.3

1.5. BT :H+K: (mid kick) [high crush, some mids]

same as 1.3

1.6 Special case :8: :P: :P: (mid punch) These are the juggles for the first hit. If only the second one hits you get a ground bounce (as far as I know you can use the juggles for :3: :P+K: :K: for it)

1) follow up with the second :P:

2)
:P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (72) [strict]
:6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m (60)

3)
:P: :K: :K: :2: :P+K: ~JAH :P: :P:; l,m(92) [strict]
:P: :K: :K: :K:; l,m (86)
:2: :P: :P:, :6: :K: :4: :K:; l,m(85)

Didn't to the CH ones yet, but here's a list of them.

2. Counter Hit Launchers

2.1 :4: :H+K: (high kick) leaves Christe backturned

2.2 :3: hold :P: (mid punch) [high crush, teilweise auch mids]

2.3 :8: :K: (mid kick)

2.4 ~JAH :P: (mid punch) [high crush]

2.5 BT :P+K:(mid punch) [high crush]

2.6 BT :4: :K: (mid kick)

2.7. :1: :P: :K: (low punch, mid kick) [high crush]

3. Special Cases

3.1 :2: :1: :4: :P: (mid punch) ground bounce on backturned opponents

3.2 :H+K: :K: :K: (mid k, high k, mid k) third hit gives a ground bounce

3.3 :3: :P: :P: charge :P: (mid punch) attack throw thingy