Cliffhangers and some footage

Doug Nguyen

Im really liking Rigs counters. Im also liking all those cliff hangers, especially the ninjas, Lei Fang, Christies and Tinas. Also are all expert counters only for mids because i think Kasumi has it for her Mid kick (which we have all seen), low kick (In the counter video above) and High Kick (I saw the inputs for them in the combo video)

PhoenixVFIRE

Im really liking Rigs counters. Im also liking all those cliff hangers, especially the ninjas, Lei Fang, Christies and Tinas. Also are all expert counters only for mids because i think Kasumi has it for her Mid kick (which we have all seen), low kick (In the counter video above) and High Kick (I saw the inputs for them in the combo video)
Yup! LOL I just realized Bass picks you up by your head, puts you upside down and crunches you in half by splitting your legs! At first I thought it was his back crunch grab that he normally has! Fricking painful Cliffhanger!

KwonJigglypuff

Both Sarah's cliffhanger and power blow look a bit boring. I was expecting much more. But I'm happy for the rest. Kokoro and Lei Fang are dainty, Bayman, Rig and Bass burly. I love it!

Doug Nguyen

Both Sarah's cliffhanger and power blow look a bit boring. I was expecting much more. But I'm happy for the rest. Kokoro and Lei Fang are dainty, Bayman, Rig and Bass burly. I love it!
Agreed, Even though shes so fast with her kicks, they look so gentle. ITs like shes tapping them. I dont if its because she's a VF character but it looks a bit odd in a DOA game.

KwonJigglypuff

W
Agreed, Even though shes so fast with her kicks, they look so gentle. ITs like shes tapping them. I dont if its because she's a VF character but it looks a bit odd in a DOA game.
Well the main problem with Sarah's PB is that you're suppose to have a sexy sweaty slowmo close-up on her head, but here not really. Regarding her cliffhanger.. well, at first it looks nice with all these kicks (looks a bit like Ayane and Lei Fang's kicks though) but at the end, at the bottom of the stage, she does nothing. She could like... hmmm.. kicks the ennemy rapidly in the stomach, or... give a big fat kick in his face when he's lying on the floor. Or kick in penis with her heel. Something violent.

Allan Paris

Posts were moved to Raansu's thread to clean up DrDoog's thread.

@Raansu, Pheonix posted these videos before yours, the time stamp put his post first.

ScattereDreams

I think they could have done better with Sarah's, but I'll take what I can get lol. She's still going to be a very strong character.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Hayabusa has the best strike cliffhanger in the game. Why anybody lives through his attack that destroyed an airship is beyond me, though. So unrealistic!

Doug Nguyen

W
Well the main problem with Sarah's PB is that you're suppose to have a sexy sweaty slowmo close-up on her head, but here not really. Regarding her cliffhanger.. well, at first it looks nice with all these kicks (looks a bit like Ayane and Lei Fang's kicks though) but at the end, at the bottom of the stage, she does nothing. She could like... hmmm.. kicks the ennemy rapidly in the stomach, or... give a big fat kick in his face when he's lying on the floor. Or kick in penis with her heel. Something violent.
Yeah buts its not just her PB or cliff hanger. Its her overall attacks. They did a good job keeping her in her true VF form but honestly i dont like VF much. Her kicks seem so weak, like shes kicking air, its like she's just tapping them. Well they probably did that to please the people from VF. Edit: Actually i just watched some gameplay i guess its not as bad as it was in VF. Maybe its the weird gravity that VF has, makes everyone seem like they float like feathers.

TRI Mike

You think Sarah's kicks look gentle¿ You should look at Aoi's throws in VF5FS. She puts you down with such delicacy that I'd like to get grabbed like that myself. Yet, her opponent's life bar goes down by a lot. It's illogical.

LondonLust

Christie's is the only good one >_> the rest are either getting punched in the gut or getting something snapped lol.

Doug Nguyen

You think Sarah's kicks look gentle¿ You should look at Aoi's throws in VF5FS. She puts you down with such delicacy that I'd like to get grabbed like that myself. Yet, her opponent's life bar goes down by a lot. It's illogical.
Dont most throws in VF look like that. Random thoughts, VF has good graphics and all, its just the way it feels and sounds to me is off. And im surprised not many other fighting gams is revamping their graphics like DOA is. Right now DOA to me is the best look graphically. Before it was Soul Calibur.

x Sypher x

Can someone please answer me this:

In regards to the cliffhanger video, I noticed only one was shown for each character. Does this mean they changed it to only one option? Instead of having a strike and a throw cliffhanger move, everyone has their own ONE unique move. You no longer have to guess and cliffhangers are now guaranteed damage. That's what it seems to me. Can someone confirm this? I've been away for a while so I'm not entirely up to date with any recent changes they may have made.

Doug Nguyen

In regards to the cliffhanger video, I noticed only one was shown for each character. Does this mean they changed it to only one option? Instead of having a strike and a throw cliffhanger move, everyone has their own ONE unique move. You no longer have to guess and cliffhangers are now guaranteed damage. That's what it seems to me. Can someone confirm this? I've been away for a while so I'm not entirely up to date with any recent changes they may have made.
No theres still two. They just showed only one.

PhoenixVFIRE

I think they're not showing all of them because either we've already seen them or they want to save some as a surprise? :) Maybe we'll see some at all these events coming up, I believe there are still throws and attacks. For instance, they showed Ryu's throw(Ryu's attack is the ninpo blast) and Akira's(Akira's attack cliffhanger looks similar to Koko's in this video) in the video. I'm sure there are others I missed.

Doug Nguyen

Still waiting on Kasumi's grab for me. Ever video i have seen, the opponent never grabbed the ledge. It always annoyed me so much. I get all excited to see a new cliffhanger only to be let down.

TRI Mike

I don't think Cliffhangers will be used very much anyway. Except in Scramble where there's no other way to go down. And this is myself thinking but I'd rather have them as combo finishers after a long stun>CB>launcher>juggle

matsu

Nice vids:).Funny to see that they gave akira's cliffhanger animation to kokoro.And if you look closely to sarah's one you can see the opponent bouncing.If you re really able to juggle after her cliffhanger that will be insane.i am just a little bit disappointed with levels atm they seem flat and empty ....

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD