DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

Lulu

Has anybody tried Testing Sarah's Forward Slide and Backward Slide Duration ?

I just want to make sure before I go for it. However I am going to need a character with either really long limbs or insance Reach.... or both.

Lulu

Uhm this is weird...
I'm going for a double bounce juggle.
:2::P+K::K:
:6_::P:
:4::H+K: (first bounce)
:4::H+K: (second bounce)
Which works just fine if I simply stun launch with it..... but if I bring them up to Critical Level 2 then the 2nd Bounce never seems to connect.

I even tried removing the :6_::P: but it didn't work.

What the hell is going on ?

Lulu

To be honest thats only a good combo off of KP.You can get so much more damage do a :3::3::H+K: combo

I've actually been trying to use :3::3::H+K::K: as a wall splat ender I figured nobody else was doing it... so why not..... from behind opponents I can do just that but doing it from the front well.... that the problem I'm having with the Bounce....

Okay I'm in the Dojo right now..... If I launch with:1::K: it works just fine.....what dark sorcery is at work here ?

Edit: :3::P+K: works just fine too..... lol Sarah is pulling my chain..... and she knows I don't like that.

Okay :6::K::P: doesn't work either but that juggle has always been funky to me so its cool.

And last but not least.... Step:P::P: doesn't work either.

LoL.... I'm going to bed.

Last edited:

Lulu

I'm actually suppose to be writing up a lil guide for Sarah.... so I'd like to be able to explain why these juggles aren't working....

Lulu

3H+KK is an annoying wallslapt to get because your opponent has to be high up in the air in order for the hit to confirm

Actually thats not the case as it turns out... after bouncing with :4::H+K: the opponent will always bounce up 1.10 Meters off the floor I think.... anyway it always lets:3::3::H+K: connect sometimes when :6::6::H+K: wont (maybe my execution is just slow and sloppy)..... :3::K::K: is technically better since it recovers faster and can be used in lower juggle heights.... but :3::3::H+K::K: does the exact same amount of damage and has twice the wall splat range of :3::K::K:..... if theres a wall near by using :3::3::H+K::K: after a bounce does more damage than :6::6::H+K: thanks to the extra 10 points from the wall. However it does less damage if you don't wall splat correctly. It doesn't work on Super Heavy Weights but it does work on Gen Fu and everyone else lighter.

I'm just wondering why I've never seen it being used that way before....

Dangerzones are something else all together..... I'm still figuring that part out.

Lulu

Well I go for mix up after 3KK so thats probably why but 4H+K than 33H+K K on works near a wall or going towards a wall

Indeed it does.... but you need to get you're opponent atleast 1 meter torwards the wall to get the Splat...... if you're juggling with :3::P::K: then :3::K::K: is the better move.... but if you're bouncing with:4::H+K: then :3::3::H+K::K: wall splats from slightly further away.... I think its 2.10 Meters from the wall. Jacky has a really good one that Splats from 3.0 Meters away....

RenderingStar

I just checked both combos and the one i listed below does more damage in and out of a wall. If your farther away you could do you combo but if you want max damage and oki pressure you can use the one i listed above

Lulu

I just checked both combos and the one i listed below does more damage in and out of a wall. If your farther away you could do you combo but if you want max damage and oki pressure you can use the one i listed above

Thats odd.... could you give me the notation for the whole combo.... ?

Lulu

Oh before I forget I just stumbled on to something very upsetting.
So I've been using your reccomended juggle.... heres the entire notation:
:9::H+K::K::K::h:
FLA :3::K:
:2::P+K:
:236::P+K:
And the Juggle:
:1::K:
:3::3::H+K: (I don't remember if I did one or two of these)
:3::3::H+K::K::h:
FLA :P:
:4::H+K: (that's the bounce)

Okay so now this is the weird part: the :6::6::H+K: Killer Bee ender work just fine.... the 2nd hit from both:3::K::K: and :3::3::H+K::K: always misses..... I'm assuming its because of the insane knock back from relaunching with :3::3::H+K: one too many times......

LoL I was so upset to hear that sound affect from :3::3::H+K::K:.... you can hear the last kick literally whiff.

Why wont Sarah give me my damage :eek: !!!
Edit: This was on Mid Weights By The way

Last edited:

Lulu

LoL..... it took a while but I now have a pretty good theory why Double Bounce Combos sometimes don't work.

Its got something to do with the initial Launch Height..... if you fling the Opponent too high into the Air then for some strange reason the 2nd Bounce doean't connect.... mind you that this doesn't happen consistently. Once every blue moon it works.

Anyway the point is I can now perform the Double Bounce combo consistently..... all I have to do is be mindfull of the opponent's weight, the critical level and which move I'm launching with.

Calintzsan

LoL..... it took a while but I now have a pretty good theory why Double Bounce Combos sometimes don't work.

Its got something to do with the initial Launch Height..... if you fling the Opponent too high into the Air then for some strange reason the 2nd Bounce doean't connect.... mind you that this doesn't happen consistently. Once every blue moon it works.

Anyway the point is I can now perform the Double Bounce combo consistently..... all I have to do is be mindfull of the opponent's weight, the critical level and which move I'm launching with.

Remember how I told you that the return height of a character being bounced makes a difference? When you bounce them once with :4::H+K: and then try to bounce them again, landing another :4::H+K: just before they hit the ground will give them more bounce height. Same thing applies to the first bounce. If you initiate that bounce while the opponent is higher away from the ground during their return, you get less bounce height.

A good way to tell exactly what I mean is to pick a medium weight character (try Kasumi, Ryu or Hitomi) and try to do something like this in dojo (I'm pretty sure that this applies to the medium weight class. I'll test it out on Monday to make sure):

After CB...:1::K:...:3::3::H+K::K::h:...:3::P::K:...:P:...:4::H+K:...:6::6::H+K:

Using this combo, for :4::H+K:, try to time it differently. So basically, use the move right away without waiting for your first attempt, and on your second attempt, wait a tad longer and land the move just before they hit the ground. If you did it right, you'll notice how the first test attempt would always prevent you from landing :6::6::H+K: while the second attempt lands it every time. This concept makes it so that you can land the :6::6::H+K: even on heavy fighters after the :4::H+K: if you time it right.

As far as your point on certain launches and stun conditions go, I believe this is true as well. For some reason it seems like while critical stun launches gain more height, they also seem to fall faster, which would explain why you are not getting double bounces on some occasions. But still, the bounce height thing I mentioned makes a difference.

Last edited:

Lulu

Remember how I told you that the return height of a character being bounced makes a difference? When you bounce them once with :4::H+K: and then try to bounce them again, landing another :4::H+K: just before they hit the ground will give them more bounce height. Same thing applies to the first bounce. If you initiate that bounce while the opponent is higher away from the ground during their return to the ground, you get less bounce height.

A good way to tell exactly what I mean is to pick a medium weight character (try Kasumi, Ryu or Hitomi) and try to do something like this in dojo (I'm pretty sure that this applies to the medium weight class. I'll test it out on Monday to make sure):

After CB...:1::K:...:3::3::H+K::K::h:...:3::P::K:...:P:...:4::H+K:...:6::6::H+K:

Using this combo, for :4::H+K:, try to time it differently. So basically, use the move right away without waiting for your first attempt, and on your second attempt, wait a tad longer and land the move just before they hit the ground. If you did it right, you'll notice how the first test attempt would always prevent you from landing :6::6::H+K: while the second attempt lands it every time. This concept makes it so that you can land the :6::6::H+K: even on heavy fighters after the :4::H+K: if you time it right.

As far as your point on certain launches and stun conditions go, I believe this is true as well. For some reason it seems like while critical stun launches gain more height, they also seem to fall faster, which would explain why you are not getting double bounces on some occasions. But still, the bounce height thing I mentioned makes a difference.

Thats a fantastic observation.... lol I was just about to come to that conclusion.... I think..... its difficult to say since you went ahead and solved it for me. :)

..... oh hey its been a while.... anyway I've been using the that combo you reccomended to me a while a back and its giving me the same problem:
:8::P:
:6::H+K: (Sit Down Stun)
:6::H+K: (Critical Finish)
:4::H+K: (1st Bounce)
:4::H+K: (2nd Bounce)
:6::6::H+K:

Okay so that combo works perfectly fine..... however it can be stagger escaped so I've been looking for an alternative way to do it.... naturally the only solution is to use :6::H+K: at the Critical Threshold or after a Critical Burst.
I was about to pat myself on the back for my magnificent genius until:
:6::H+K: (CL3/CB)
:4::H+K: (2nd Bounce misses)
Yep..... once again the 2nd Bounce keeps missing :(...
And this time I don't know where to begin in trying to figure out why it isn't working.

Calintzsan

Thats a fantastic observation.... lol I was just about to come to that conclusion.... I think..... its difficult to say since you went ahead and solved it for me. :)

..... oh hey its been a while.... anyway I've been using the that combo you reccomended to me a while a back and its giving me the same problem:
:8::P:
:6::H+K: (Sit Down Stun)
:6::H+K: (Critical Finish)
:4::H+K: (2nd Bounce)
:6::6::H+K:

Okay so that combo works perfectly fine..... however it can be stagger escaped so I've been looking for an alternative way to do it.... naturally the only solution is to use :6::H+K: at the Critical Threshold or after a Critical Burst.
I was about to pat myself on the back for my magnificent genius until:
:6::H+K: (CL3/CB)
:4::H+K: (2nd Bounce misses)
Yep..... once again the 2nd Bounce keeps missing :(...
And this time I don't know where to begin in trying to figure out why it isn't working.

Oh hey, yeah that combo wasn't meant for effectiveness, as I didn't factor in stagger escape opportunities when making it. I thought it was a good way to give you an example of how the bounce mechanic works for Sarah.

Btw, I don't think you can get a double bounce with that combo situation you are trying. If you want to do that, after CB, get to their back and then do:

:4::H+K:...:P:...:4::H+K:...combo ender

Here's a combo that I use that does the :6::H+K: right after CB:

:6::H+K:...:4::H+K:...:1::H+K::K:...:7::K:

Lulu

Oh hey, yeah that combo wasn't meant for effectiveness, as I didn't factor in stagger escape opportunities when making it. I thought it was a good way to give you an example of how the bounce mechanic works for Sarah.

Btw, I don't think you can get a double bounce with that combo situation you are trying. If you want to do that, after CB, get to their back and then do:

:4::H+K:...:P:...:4::H+K:...combo ender

Here's a combo that I use that does the :6::H+K: right after CB:

:6::H+K:...:4::H+K:...:1::H+K::K:...:7::K:

I love that combo.... its so much fun that I find myself trying to mimick it using my other characters..... Kasumi's one is difficult.

Calintzsan

I love that combo.... its so much fun that I find myself trying to mimick it using my other characters..... Kasumi's one is difficult.

xD

Well I'm glad you like it. That last combo I got from CrazySteady while watching one of his matches. lol

We'll have to come up with some different combos for sure. I'm currently creating a combo list that contains unique combos rather than slight changes here and there. I hope to add this to our guide in the future, or if not show it to others another way. xD

Lulu

xD

Well I'm glad you like it. That last combo I got from CrazySteady while watching one of his matches. lol

We'll have to come up with some different combos for sure. I'm currently creating a combo list that contains unique combos rather than slight changes here and there. I hope to add this to our guide in the future, or if not show it to others another way. xD

LoL.... thats going to be quite difficult. Even though there aren't that many :sarah: Players... the few that already exist have already gone through the trouble of discovering all the really unique combos..... :(

Luckily they left alil room for slight modifications. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD