DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

Calintzsan

LoL.... thats going to be quite difficult. Even though there aren't that many :sarah: Players... the few that already exist have already gone through the trouble of discovering all the really unique combos..... :(

Luckily they left alil room for slight modifications. :)

I was able to figure out some combos that I haven't seen anyone do in the game or on Youtube (since I watch a lot of Sarah gameplay on there), so maybe I have some unique ones hopefully. lol

Lulu

So I am beginning my Journey into exploring Reset Tech and Strategies.

Does Sarah have other Resets besides :2::P: and :3::P: (which is conveniently avalaible in Flamingo Stance ;) )

I've noticed that Jan Lee, Jacky and Rig's Resets are usually High Attacks...... atleast those are the ones I could find.... I myself am tired of looking so would you guys help a brother out ? :)

Lulu

HELLOOO.....Helllooooo......helloooooo !

It's so empty in here even my texts ecco.

So I was doing my favourite Sarah Combo yesterday:
:8::P:
:4::P::K::4::K: (Bounce)
:6_::P:
:4::H+K:
:6_::P:
And this is where it got interesting.... I screwed up the ender.... I was trying to perform:3::3::H+K::K: but instead I got :3::H+K:..... now whats funny is this was a Force Tech...... but the combo counter still went up anyway...... so I had thought I had discovered a guaranteed force tech (since it looked like I hit the opponent in the air) which was fantastic because Sarah gets +5 advantage at roughly R1F Distance and Sarah can work with that. I turned on the recovery just to be sure and the AI managed to escape :3::H+K: at the end and left Sarah at a major disadvantage..... and I was about to give up.... but then I was like "Hey.... Sarah has one more Force Tech".... So I did the same juggle but ended with :6::H+K: (which is what I get when I screw up :6::6::H+K:) and Yippee !!! It worked, Sarah force teched the opponent for a Juicy +21 Frames of advantage..... at about Half Screen Distance.... which is also pretty good..... but I cut my celebration short because I needed to know what would happen if I turned on the Recovery again.... long Story Short..... Sarah is a +0 if the opponent Quick Techs. ;)

Isn't that awesome..... lol or did you guys already know this ? :eek:

Lulu

LoL.... Damn.... no love for Sarah. Cone On Guys.... give a girl some attention..... she might get insecure.

Anyway I was Test Driving Some Pai Chan Style Combos with Sarah and I found some thing interesting.

Getting maximum launch height from :2::P+K::K: allows Sarah to Score a grand total of 4 :6_::P: before she has to Bound them.... and at 4 Points per jab that adds up to 16 points of Damage..... which is Equal to 2 Spear Kick Relaunchers.....

However using the Spear Kick Cancel allows Sarah to perform an additional :3::P: and :6_::P: which brings the grand total up to..... some number... sorry.... forgot to check.

Anyway condidering how easy the Spear Kick is compared to other Relaunchers I considered the Pai Style combos to be a waste of time.

Nuke-Nin

LoL.... Damn.... no love for Sarah. Cone On Guys.... give a girl some attention..... she might get insecure.

Anyway I was Test Driving Some Pai Chan Style Combos with Sarah and I found some thing interesting.

Getting maximum launch height from :2::P+K::K: allows Sarah to Score a grand total of 4 :6_::P: before she has to Bound them.... and at 4 Points per jab that adds up to 16 points of Damage..... which is Equal to 2 Spear Kick Relaunchers.....

However using the Spear Kick Cancel allows Sarah to perform an additional :3::P: and :6_::P: which brings the grand total up to..... some number... sorry.... forgot to check.

Anyway condidering how easy the Spear Kick is compared to other Relaunchers I considered the Pai Style combos to be a waste of time.
I'm afraid I don't know her moves by name but i'm assuming Spear kick is 33H+KKH

Lulu

I have an interesting question..... Can Sarah Be Thrown during her :4::H+K::h: ?

I ask because I did this move infront of Helena while she tried to grab me and for some reason she couldn't.

I always assumed I could be grabbed for doing "Empty Strikes".

Lulu

So once again I've been playing with Sarah. And it seems like I need entirely different set juggles for Welter Weights and everyone lighter. Granted I already new that but I was shocked when this juggle kept Failing against Leifang:
:1::K: (Level 3)
:3::3::H+K:
:3::3::H+K::K::h:
(:6_:):P:
:6::6::H+K:
It seems like I need to sneak in another strike in there somewhere but I honestly don't know where or what strike to use to extend it.

Perhaps I need to change the entire mid section.

Lulu

I have a question, are :2::P+K::K: and :P::P::P: natural combos?

:2::P+K::K: is a natural combo..... the 2nd hit is Guaranteed under all circumstances. Although if you want you can free cancel it in your setups because :2::P+K: by itself grants a nice lift stun (on counter hit and in Critical Stun).

:P::P::P: is only a natural combo on Block and on Normal Hit (and on Counter Hit).... but on Hi Counter and During Critical Stun it is Holdable.

It would be really powerfull if that string was a natural combo during a Critical Stun because that would be a fast way to raise the critical level and rack up damage.

Fun Fact: :2::P+K: and :P: do the same amount of critical damage (5 Points).... its just a random thing I know.

Lulu

Does she have any other natural combos?

Uhm.... yeah theres quite a few.

Theres her Serpent Combination(I don't know if thats right name):
:4::P::K::5::K:(on Hit) only the last to two parts are a natural combo.

:6::P::K: is a natural combo only on block and Normal Hit

Flamingo :H+K::K: might be a natural combo.... I'm not really sure.

Flamingo :1::K::K: is a natural combo on Block and normal hit.

I'm sure there are others I just can't of them right now.

Oh no wait.... her Edge Kick is a normal hit Natural combo.... theres two ways she can perform the Edge Kick:
Flamingo :P::2::K::5::K::5::K:
Or Flamingo :1::P+K: Step :K::5::K::5::K:. Her edge Kick doesn't work on Block.

Lulu

So I'm too lazy to test this but I was wondering if Sarah's Invincible Backflip is vulnerable to Low Attacks.

You know which one I'm talking about right... her Flamingo:4::P+K:.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD