DOA5U "Come On, Let's Play" The General Sarah DOA5U Thread

HaJiN

Sarah has a new fancy critical burst combo that only works on light weights. The set up before the launcher only works on counter hit, and high counter hit. The juggle does the same amount of damage as her standard 8k, 1kk, p, 4pk4k, 7k combo. I hope you guys like it :)

Dave

Don't have the game yet, but what seems to be different about her flamingo stance? the transitions into flamingo, or to the moves from flamingo?

They've done something to how she moves in flamingo. Her sabaki is practically useless now as there is now a pause after she does it. No matter what you input, she stays in the stance for a moment or two, depending on connection and what not. It totally screws up the player's groove and most of the time leaves her so vulnerable now. I can't tell if it is a nerf, or just a glitch... but I consider her broken now. They've also altered some frame advantage and some other moves and how they build stuns.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
What exactly is the change that you guys are talking about? Are her frames actually more negative or is it just that the buffer is shorter? Is she worse or just mechanically harder to play?

OolongTea

Hey mad, until a more advanced Sarah player answers, those are my bnbs:
with no stun launch with 2p+kk 3pk p 4k+h 66k+h

post CB on lightweights
1K 33k+hkh (cancel into flamingo) 3pk 3pk 8k
1K 33k+hkh (cancel into flamingo) 3pk p 4k+h 66k+h - similar to the first one

Hajin also posted this BnB post CB on lights above:
8k, 1kk, p, 4pk4k, 7k

Last edited:
Hey mad, until a more advanced Sarah player answers, those are my bnbs:
with no stun launch with 2p+kk 3pk p 4k+h 66k+h

post CB on lightweights
1K 33k+hkh (cancel into flamingo) 3pk 3pk 8k
1K 33k+hkh (cancel into flamingo) 3pk p 4k+h 66k+h - similar to the first one

Hajin also posted this BnB post CB on lights above:
8k, 1kk, p, 4pk4k, 7k
Thanks, I have to test their damage outputs.

I'm doing

CB on Lightweights

8k 3PK 3PK 3P 33K+HKH 3P 4H+K 55H+K

CB ON MIDWEIGHT

8K 3P 33K+HKH 3PK 6KK

OolongTea

I can't get your combo on lights to work no matter what...
Does that work only close to walls? :eek:

On mids the
1K 33k+hkh 3pk p 4k+h 66k+h
Does more damage I think

Last edited:

OolongTea

I mean Mad Axes combo:
8k 3PK 3PK 3P 33K+HKH 3P 4H+K 66H+K
After the third 3P they're too far away/close to the ground

OolongTea

Oh, flamingo :2:/:8::P::+::K::h: has a tendency to get you straight to the opponent's back if they do anything linear...
Is there anything guaranteed you can do in that situation?

Shoraku

Usually what I do is a 3PK 3PK P 3P+K P 4K+H P 4K+H 66K+H
It is guaranteed if the first 3PK hit the foe's back (assuming you're side-stepping a non-trackable move and you hit during the foe's recovery)

Also, she lose a lot of her untechable. 6K+H is now just a force tech. You can't end a combo with 6K+H instead of 66K+H and got a +22 advantage... That was one of the best tool of the lady.
It's sad because with a 4P+K just after this it was possible to put the foe in a loop disadvantage situation lol. Sad they killed her frame trap game like this.

Last edited:

Raze

Don't really see what the complaint is with Flamingo execution, I can do all of her stuff EZ, her just frame kicks are really funky in DOA though, much slower timing than FS.. I mained Sarah in VF for over 10 years so maybe that's why the Flamingo execution is no big deal to me. She has pretty bad movement in flamingo in FS, it seems similar in this game to me. Her BnB's are different in DOA as are basically all of her combos. She's still very strong and her slide is effective enough, it's completely useless in Final Showdown, she's really weak in that game. I haven't really put any time into her in DOA, cause her combos are too different, and she's beastly strong compared to VF5FS.

Alright so I went through her command training for the first time in DOA5U and outside of her Vanilla 5 move they added in, everything is about the same. I see the delay you are talking about, you need to delay your input a bit after :4::K:, :1::K:+:h::K: and maybe some others. I got no real delay off her :3::P::K: whatsoever. Her FL movement is about the same as it is in Final Showdown. Her hit throw timing has a larger window than VF, her just frames are difficult for me because they're so damn slow. I use to be able to do them in FS even in online super lag (i'm not as good with just frames anymore since I main Vanessa in that game now). You need to be really fast to cancel into FL, that's about the same as VF.

I haven't looked at her frames yet, but i'll have a look later. Still struggling with the flu, so haven't had much energy or time to do any gaming/DOA the last several days.. With all her Slide and Backslide stuff being effective she's still a beast imo. Just have to get use to the VF style Flamingo movement and the delayed attacks from 4K/non 3PK entries. I'm a stick player, so i have to let go of the stick to clear the buffer window, then I can execute things in flamingo, which isn't the case in Final Showdown (high damage, linear move tracking, n00b VF). you can Mash out incorrect inputs in there and get the moves etc. They tightened her up a bit in DOA. Her combos are much harder in VF however, only her string execution was tightened, most everything else was made easier.

Can we get Sarah's DOA5U frame data posted up in this forum??

Edit: Sarah's :1::K:+:h::K: > :2::8::P:+:K: is broken. it executes step instead of doing her side step kick most of the time, it needs quit the delay for it to work properly, which should ruin the only purpose that move was designed for.

Last edited:

KuRuPt

Premium Donor

Sarah has a new fancy critical burst combo that only works on light weights. The set up before the launcher only works on counter hit, and high counter hit. The juggle does the same amount of damage as her standard 8k, 1kk, p, 4pk4k, 7k combo. I hope you guys like it :)

My Sarah knowledge is lacking... in the first combo, can someone please tell me the inputs leading up to the CB?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD