Competitive balance: DOA5U mechanics changes

crapoZK

Standard Donor
They are probably listening to us but just not telling us because they want us to find the changes ourselves. Or they might tell us when the game comes out. Look at games like SF, MK, Injustice, they didn't tell us jack about the updates, nobody really complained. But when an update for this game comes out... BOOM! Shitstorm of complaints. Don't you think they would listen to us? Games would be NOTHING without fan feedback. We got two of our favorite modes back, four new characters based off of fan feedback, new stages, new animations, new moves and system changes.

I think we're lucky to get DOA5U. They didn't tell us any changes in DOA5V (Ver 1.00) until two updates came out for it. They don't need to leak everything out. We just need to play the waiting game... It keeps the hype going. Don't you guys like going into training mode and finding out new shit that you never knew could happen? That's what I believe TN is trying to do.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
So now you'll net 175% damage off of HiC throws, but only in Tag mode? the hell? Why not have that in normal mode?

This was based off of the Offline vids that were posted like 1 week ago. It's probably in Solo Battle too.

Berzerk!

I'd just like to see everybody's COMPLETE move list back because a lot of moves got removed in DOA5V (Vanilla) due to time constraints and people crying "nerf" everywhere.

List of Things I've Seen So Far
About FT, I realized that FT now only works on strong low attacks E.G Tina's 6H+K, and not all low attacks or attacks that have effects on downed characters. It's not gone, but it's been... Changed.

All Bounce animations from VF5:FS are in, but made longer for more guaranteed combos.

Sidestep has been... Slightly buffed via watching the offline videos. This time, it escapes 2-3 attacks.

Stun Threshold is 3 hits before CB. This is very good and they have listened to the community for this one, because I felt that the CB set-ups were too long. You can also reach max launch quicker as well, equaling the combos to be less predictable.

In Tag Battle, Hi-Counter Throw damage has been raised to about +25-30%pts.

That's it so far. I'll look into it when I get the game and or see more GP this time around.

How verifiable are any of these assertions? I still don't see solid information.

d3v

Stun Threshold is 3 hits before CB. This is very good and they have listened to the community for this one, because I felt that the CB set-ups were too long. You can also reach max launch quicker as well, equaling the combos to be less predictable.
Any definitive footage of this?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
*sigh*

When will you guys realize the CB is not about how many hits, but the damage dealt.

You can have a CB land in 2 hits if the opponent is nh stunned to initiate critical state/threshold and is hit with a CB attack that does 46 or more damage (out of stun). This will critical burst if it lands while the opponent is stunned or in recovery of a hold.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dont think the formula of the game changed..

NH = 100%
CH = 125%
HCH = 150%
Applies to neutral holds, throws, oh, and strikes

As for hold in stun, same 3 timings are there but the damage is nerfed in each so that:
In stun NH = 75% (i think.. forgot)
In stun CH = 100%
In stun HCH = 125%

This wont change.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
@inspchin: @playndie Just some screens and an extended trailer (so don't expect it too much) - it's what we have received from the JP team.

God fucking dammit.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
How verifiable are any of these assertions? I still don't see solid information.

Slightly verifiable. It's just based on what I've seen on the offline videos posted a week ago, some things are solid info like the Bounces from VF5:FS. The rest is my POV of what's happening with the game.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I dont think the formula of the game changed..

NH = 100%
CH = 125%
HCH = 150%
Applies to neutral holds, throws, oh, and strikes

As for hold in stun, same 3 timings are there but the damage is nerfed in each so that:
In stun NH = 75% (i think.. forgot)
In stun CH = 100%
In stun HCH = 125%

This wont change.

It's probably the health gauge settings then. Sorry.

synce

They are probably listening to us but just not telling us because they want us to find the changes ourselves. Or they might tell us when the game comes out. Look at games like SF, MK, Injustice, they didn't tell us jack about the updates, nobody really complained. But when an update for this game comes out... BOOM! Shitstorm of complaints. Don't you think they would listen to us? Games would be NOTHING without fan feedback. We got two of our favorite modes back, four new characters based off of fan feedback, new stages, new animations, new moves and system changes.

I think we're lucky to get DOA5U. They didn't tell us any changes in DOA5V (Ver 1.00) until two updates came out for it. They don't need to leak everything out. We just need to play the waiting game... It keeps the hype going. Don't you guys like going into training mode and finding out new shit that you never knew could happen? That's what I believe TN is trying to do.

SSF4 did have patch notes, as does every decent fighter... also check this out:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/13/announced-balance-changes-new-street-fighter-4-update/

Already we have new details on USF4... Did we get any such news about 5U at E3? No, we got videos of scrubs playing and some useless interviews

Honestly I think TN is giving up on the competitive aspect... They lost Evo big time and not even 50 out of 64 people showed up for the final DOA5 tourney. If they want to focus on boobs though I'm not gonna complain, TN does it best.

Also I wanna mention it wasn't until DOA5 that I seriously got into Tekken and VF, hell I even got back into SC5 for a bit. TN needs to kick the DLC scam into overdrive for the next game because some others might leave and not come back.

Codemaster92163

You won't need it if 46H+K gives VF5 bound... Bad news is the move still gives crappy DOA5 bound in early 5U build. I say early because in an early build Jacky also didn't have pak sao, so there's hope.

It's not that I need it - I just really want it. I'd hate having to use the same bound twice in one combo, mostly for aesthetic reasons. I just really liked 66H+K because it could be quite flashy :D (and, of course, the noticeable damage it would add to a combo)

crapoZK

Standard Donor
SSF4 did have patch notes, as does every decent fighter... also check this out:

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2013/jul/13/announced-balance-changes-new-street-fighter-4-update/

Already we have new details on USF4... Did we get any such news about 5U at E3? No, we got videos of scrubs playing and some useless interviews

Honestly I think TN is giving up on the competitive aspect... They lost Evo big time and not even 50 out of 64 people showed up for the final DOA5 tourney. If they want to focus on boobs though I'm not gonna complain, TN does it best.

Also I wanna mention it wasn't until DOA5 that I seriously got into Tekken and VF, hell I even got back into SC5 for a bit. TN needs to kick the DLC scam into overdrive for the next game because some others might leave and not come back.

I do agree that TN might be slacking on the competitive play because it goes absolutely NOWHERE in majors. DOA5 EASILY was the worst DOA for content, replay abilities and more. I felt that there could have been more and that DOA5U could have been DOA5V if they stopped focusing on other games and announcing trailers and stuff when that time could have been spent on DOA5V. There simply aren't enough people in Tecmo Koei to do that.

HoodsXx

Maybe they should just stick to one game till it's solid enough to net them decent money then move onto other projects. Ie. either NG or DOA lol. Cause obviously they can't do both, with how they are right now.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD