DOA5LR Core Fighters is coming to Steam

logo.png

While this might be a rumor for now the history posted on Steamdb would suggest that Core Fighters is definitely coming to the PC platform. Now while PC play has been a bit controversial in some areas, it would appear that Team NINJA is still supporting Steam players, giving everyone a chance to play a fighting game for free (with option of paid DLC characters) that is actually worth your time.

This might not come as too surprising since Team NINJA has accrued over 7,000,000 downloads on systems, and the recent release of Mai has also brought players from past versions of DOA5 back in as well as curious King of Fighters fans.

If you haven't played DOA5 yet, and would like to try it out please keep coming to FSD for all the latest updates on Core Fighters for PC, and you can also join the FreeStepDodge Group on Steam to look for other ambitious fighters playing on PC now.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pointless. There's already a free hack that lets you get the full game with all characters. You can even pirate DLC and most likely will be able to pirate DLC characters, music, and pretty much everything else. And with that hayabot running around, it'll actually turn off newcomers more than anything if that's all it takes to win. They were better off keeping the free to play module exclusive to console where it's much harder to bypass.

Last edited:
This is pointless. There's already a free hack that lets you get the full game with all characters. You can even pirate DLC and most likely will be able to pirate DLC characters, music, and pretty much everything else. And with that hayabot running around, it'll actually turn off newcomers more than anything if that's all it takes to win.
You can pirate everything

You can pirate everything
Yeah, but it's much more difficult and punishable on console, it's easy to do on the Internet/PC since there's no consequences or ways to monitor who's doing what. I hope they know what they're getting into, this'll just open up alot more problems, they should've just made lobbies.

A misconception that needs to be cleared up is the ease of community and communication on steam makes the lack of lobbies less noticeable. You join group chats, all search Rank within each other's ranks and have fun for the entire night just randomly fighting one another. It isn't ideal but many people who have no idea how the steam version works really blow it out of proportion.

This is pointless. There's already a free hack that lets you get the full game with all characters. You can even pirate DLC and most likely will be able to pirate DLC characters, music, and pretty much everything else. And with that hayabot running around, it'll actually turn off newcomers more than anything if that's all it takes to win. They were better off keeping the free to play module exclusive to console where it's much harder to bypass.

"Running around" Literally only have seen two people use it and both are euroshits so a based freedom fighter Tina wielding american will never encounter them anyway.

That's kinda like a pseudo DOA4 online match set up, where you lose points regardless and receive demotion and promotions whether or not it was a lobby match or not...not feeling that, but that's my personal opinion. Shouldn't lose points and rank for a friendly fight which lobbies on console don't do.

A misconception that needs to be cleared up is the ease of community and communication on steam makes the lack of lobbies less noticeable. You join group chats, all search Rank within each other's ranks and have fun for the entire night just randomly fighting one another. It isn't ideal but many people who have no idea how the steam version works really blow it out of proportion.

"Running around" Literally only have seen two people use it and both are euroshits so a based freedom fighter Tina wielding american will never encounter them anyway.
I hope so, I mean not tryna argue but the link to the bot is literally here on the site, so it's hard to gauge exactly who is and isn't using it. It's accessible to virtually anyone.

That's kinda like a pseudo DOA4 online match set up, where you lose points regardless and receive demotion and promotions whether or not it was a lobby match or not...not feeling that, but that's my personal opinion. Shouldn't lose points and rank for a friendly fight which lobbies on console don't do.

I hope so, I mean not tryna argue but the link to the bot is literally here on the site, so it's hard to gauge exactly who is and isn't using it. It's accessible to virtually anyone.

Points don't matter only having fun does. Release yourself from your material needs and see the higher realm.

Points don't matter only having fun does. Release yourself from your material needs and see the higher realm.
Excuse me?? I don't care about points at all XD. I'm currently an E+ rank on console, so I don't need to "release myself from material needs and see this higher realm". It's just an inconvenience to players who wish to have fun without costing them points and their rank they worked hard for. It's akin to your close friend making you lemonade from their lemonade stand but they charge you anyway. Just saying, please do not come at me, I don't have time for it. and of course @WAZAAAAA will agree since he uses the bot as well for his 500+ win streak and U+ rank, so hypocritical.

Last edited:
Excuse me?? I don't care about points at all XD. I'm currently an E+ rank on console, so I don't need to "release myself from material needs and see this higher realm". It's just an inconvenience to players who wish to have fun without costing them points and their rank they worked hard for. It's akin to your close friend making you lemonade from their lemonade stand but they charge you anyway. Just saying, please do not come at me, I don't have time for it. and of course @WAZAAAAA will agree since he uses the bot as well for his 200+ win streak and U+ rank, so hypocritical.
Your post is completely wrong. 500 win streak, not 200

RT0Y60t.png

also

> "I don't have time for it."
> actually has the highest post count in the shortest amount of time of the entire forum

Excuse me?? I don't care about points at all XD. I'm currently an E+ rank on console, so I don't need to "release myself from material needs and see this higher realm". It's just an inconvenience to players who wish to have fun without costing them points and their rank they worked hard for. It's akin to your close friend making you lemonade from their lemonade stand but they charge you anyway. Just saying, please do not come at me, I don't have time for it. and of course @WAZAAAAA will agree since he uses the bot as well for his 200+ win streak and U+ rank, so hypocritical.
You're letting them get to you again.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD