Costume customization wishlist

Argentus

Not for new.costumes, but existing ones. Things that should already be an option, but aren't.

Please, team ninja, patch these options in!

Mila
The Ability to take off the visor, button up overshirt, and apron just like you can already take off the headgear and towel.
Also, the ability to equip the bandanna on the head with the bass cosplay, and ideally, her glasses shouod change to bass' shades as well.

Id also like the option to switch milas hair to blue, like you can change the hair of the other girls.

Leon.
The option to unequip the turban and bandana like any other headgear.

what options would you like? Please, only suggestions that team ninja would/could actually add/change.

Rawbietussin

doa3christie.jpg
ALBUMMM21V0135006028131.jpg

Christie - Add her gold, inverted triangle earrings on her DOA3 catsuit (C3)

22aSh.jpg
qyzk8.jpg
white lace bow.jpg

Helena - Repaint nail polish on her toenails (especially in swimsuits) and white lace bow hair option.

Last edited:

David Gregg

^lol. Anyway I think the customization is pretty decent already I just always get confused trying to remember what buttons need pressed in order to do what and which costumes allow it. It'd be nice if they could set it up so that after you picked the costume the customized options would come up like they do in Movie mode.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not again the blue hair option for Mila! XD Why, just why?

I Agree with David Gregg. I often fail to remember which exact buttons to press too. If they could make that a little easier...

Letting Brad's, Ryu's, Momiji's and Rachel's hair down should be an option. And while we are at it, You should be able to unmask Ryu. Though his face looks kinda ugly and tired in the latest Ninja Gaiden, so maybe it's a blessing you can't unmask him... ;)

Rawbietussin

Well then how could they charge you for colour palette swaps?

I'd prefer having the change panties options removed and let all skirt/dress costumes just be stuck with one panty so that recolors and other versions of the same outfit can be chosen by either square, triangle, circle and triangle+circle.

Examples:
(a) Leifang's Chinese dresses:
Press Circle = Red dress
Press Triangle = Green dress
Press Square = Blue dress
Press Triangle+Circle = White dress

(b) Kokoro's school uniform:
Press Circle = with sweater
Press Triangle = without sweater

Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I want an option that turns everyone into their hitboxes.
That's doable, actually. With the added info in the third page of move details covering distance and height, hitboxes can be calculated over time. Perhaps even updated into the game itself if the community pulls together to make those calculations.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Here's my ideas:
For color swaps, you can press left or right for changed the color, something like you can do when selecting a different part of the stage(The circus for example) Of course, when pressing left/right you can see how much the costume change. Something that is not present in doa already.
For glasses you can have for examples need to press circle/B and the for the head accesories square/X when selecting the costume.
For the jackets and some body accesories the option can be the same as the color swaps, just press left or right until you find your desired costume.

Rubedood

Just put in VF5 vanilla's custom mode, where you can change hairstyles, glasses, and costume colors, not much different than what we have now, but less stupid

SaihateDYNAMO

I think that you should be able to just press start while hovering over a costume, which then triggers a menu in which you can select the hair style, panty color, glasses, etc. You can also make presets (shoulder buttons) so you wouldn't have to use the menu each time.

Reactions: d3v

KwonJigglypuff

The real question is : would you rather have a "Create your own character mode" like in SC4/SC5, or a "Character customisation mode" like in VF5FS/TTT2.

Seeing how TN totally lied in their interviews, saying that "customisation would kill the character's identity", and then copypasting Lei Fang's leather dress to Helena and Lisa, I would easily go with the two options.

Aven Kujo-Gin

I think they already do that, doesn't a bunch of almost copy paste costumes(with maybe different colors) kill the character's identity as well?

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I just want Christie to have her dad-gummed trenchcoat.

I also want to dress Christie up like my babysitter at childhood. That would be interesting too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD