Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

DR2K

As I've been trying to point out by using Seth's old Dom 101 article, it was an obvious "WIN" button that was at a different level compared to stuff like fly-cancels, tri-dashes, etc.

You did, but again that's subjective. For example if you don't pick a character with tridashes, fly-cancels, etc. . . you've already lost the match at the character select screen.

This back dash cancel in retrospect to DOA5 could be considered an instant "win" on the ground game. We've seen what's happened in games where characters have advanced mobility options like this, and it isn't very kind to those that don't. TN should go either way with this BD-cancel, remove it completely, give it to the appropriate characters, or give it to everyone.

HiguraShiki

Teryarch is better about that stuff and you dont see them letting those glitches go forever. I remember Gears was a glitchy game - it got patched and I remember idiots like you calling for some of the glitches to stick because it was part of the game (i.e. like firing during roadie run).

Emergent gameplay my ass - you guys are smoking crack if you think the movement glitch is ok.
You mean Treyarch? How can you even say that with a straight face. The first Black Ops game was the glitchiest game in Call of Duty history. And BTW you STILL can reload cancel. Seriously dude research these things before you use them as excuses for your arguments. Take the god damn losses you get instead of constantly looking for a way out by blaming anything you feel is broken. If not, then have fun being DQ'd at every tournament.

Belinea

Is it just me or do CB set-ups at the wall only work in training mode? In an actual match the CB move knocks the opponent into the wall instead.

Tokkosho

Is it just me or do CB set-ups at the wall only work in training mode? In an actual match the CB move knocks the opponent into the wall instead.
if they counter, any kind of counter, and guess wrong, it wall hits instead. Imo thats total BS, if they guess wrong the attacker should be able to punish them properly, and id say 99% of the time this messes up combos... by A LOT

d3v

You did, but again that's subjective. For example if you don't pick a character with tridashes, fly-cancels, etc. . . you've already lost the match at the character select screen.
The game begins at the character select screen. That's been part of "competitive fighting games 101" since forever.

DR2K

The game begins at the character select screen. That's been part of "competitive fighting games 101" since forever.

Really I guess people were selecting the same 5 characters(in a 56 character roster) because they didn't know any better.

DR2K

5 is plenty. Tournament history shows that 4 top tier characters (10 distinct matchups) are enough to support a game in the tournament circuit for years.

http://sonichurricane.com/?p=2930

But when you think about how many match ups and characters were lost due to those glitches than you have to wonder how thw game would have shaped up. Would more people have played it, less? What about all the untapped characters?

I don't think we'll ever see another MVC2 though.

I highly doubt people select 5 characters just to backdash cancel.

We've laready seen what happened to one of the lowest tier characters when they got to ignore the ground game, we have yet to see the 5 KBD characters at tournmanet level(consistantly).

HiguraShiki

We've laready seen what happened to one of the lowest tier characters when they got to ignore the ground game, we have yet to see the 5 KBD characters at tournmanet level(consistantly).
You are talking about two completely different games. The effects are not the same.

Jefffcore

A back dash isn't going to effect the game in the same way that an untechable is. Considering wake up kicks are stupid anyway, it doesn't really help your argument.

HiguraShiki

I was comparing the back dash and Helena's tech. . .
In that case, Helena's tech is worse, since it allows the player to continuously reset the opponents position, whereas all BDC does is allow one to quickly backdash away from wakeup kicks, which doesn't leave you at a better advantage compared to forcetech, especially if you have your back to a wall.

DR2K

In that case, Helena's tech is worse, since it allows the player to continuously reset the opponents position, whereas all BDC does is allow one to quickly backdash away from wakeup kicks, which doesn't leave you at a better advantage compared to forcetech, especially if you have your back to a wall.

It's not a reset, it's just slight advantage every time. It also ignores the wake up kick comeback mechanic same with the glitched KBD can do. You can backdash let the wake up kick whiff and put yourself at advantage. No player has done it consistantly, but the mechanic allows for the same sort of stratagy.

Jefffcore

Who cares!? Wake up kicks are getting nerfed and they're stupid. There's NOTHING wrong with the BD outside you not liking it.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD