Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In order to sort of reign in on all of the threads, it would be best for us to sort of provide information on issues found in the game. This isn't the place for system mechanic discussion but for things that are outright bugs. This should hopefully help clear some of the clutter, and honestly if Team NINJA is still reading the site it helps them find one place to keep checking for any new issues players have. If you have footage displaying the issue, please post it up:

• Mila, (and reportedly Kasumi and Ayane but unverified) has an infinite if the player does not ground tech off the wall: Video
  • Jann Lee's 6H+K doesn't break critical state when at the end of critical threshold, and 9K after 6H+K initiates critical stun does not count towards critical stun damage: Video
  • A player can get knocked through a breakable wall of the Home stage without breaking the wall preventing any non-teleporting player from reaching the opposing player
  • Network connections are more sensitive than Dead or Alive 4, Tekken Tag Tournament 2, or Soul Calibur 5.
  • Randomly, a player's side step input setting is switched from 2_8H+P+K to 22_88 in a match. Most typically seen online, and the setting itself does not change. Input can be restored in the next match.
  • The story mode constantly changes up the side step input setting regardless of the player's option setting in OTHER OPTIONS. Some matches of story mode will accept both option at once, others will not. It's inconsistent.
  • The player can set a function to only one button making it impossible to set, for example, Hold to two buttons.
  • The story mode has all of its information and tips reference the default control style regardless of the player's controller layout
  • The player that presses start at the Press Start screen must be one of the active players in the game mode. For example: if P1 is playing with P2 and P3 offline, and P1 presses start on the Press Start screen, then P2 cannot face P3 in versus mode. There is a workaround on PlayStation 3 that just requires the player to change controller slots via the impose screen. However, for Xbox 360 it requires a sign out of P1's profile, P2 or P3 signing in as P1's profile for save purposes, and then P2 or P3 pressing Start at the Press Start Screen. This basically makes it impractical to run tournaments on the Xbox 360.
  • Voice language setting does not save in the save file. Requires setting the option on every boot of the game

DontForkWitMe

This shit right here;courtesy of scatterdreams

apparently the property of his 3(hold)P changes to allow 9 consecutive hits off of it near walls when playing in tag mode. in solo mode 4 is the maximum. i feel this is an unfair and terrible glitch...

for not allowing me to do it 9 times in solo mode too!

Mesharey

- Language (voices) gets reset to English if you turn off the game.
- Freezes sometimes because of Throwdowns.

werewolfgold

• The player can set a function to only one button making it impossible to set, for example, Hold to two buttons.
  • The story mode has all of its information and tips reference the default control style regardless of the player's controller layout
These don't really seem like glitches so much as unfortunate design choices. But, good luck getting them to fix it.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
These don't really seem like glitches so much as unfortunate design choices. But, good luck getting them to fix it.

I do agree, but felt it would lessen the blow to add some more of a 'feature request/complaint' in there. One could also argue the locked active player issue being 'unfortunate design choice'. Probably having to do with Achievements.

shunwong

This shit right here;courtesy of scatterdreams

apparently the property of his 3(hold)P changes to allow 9 consecutive hits off of it near walls when playing in tag mode. in solo mode 4 is the maximum. i feel this is an unfair and terrible glitch...

for not allowing me to do it 9 times in solo mode too!

Man, Leifang must have an ass made of steel to put up with Elliot punching her butt 9 times!!!

TRI Mike

My strongest complaint right now is the netcode. I can play SCV and VF5FS with zero problems (will test TTT2 today) but DOA5 is yet to give me a lag-free match. It's annoying and a huge disappointment for players outside of countries with an actual scene. Like me.

My strongest complaint right now is the netcode. I can play SCV and VF5FS with zero problems (will test TTT2 today) but DOA5 is yet to give me a lag-free match. It's annoying and a huge disappointment for players outside of countries with an actual scene. Like me.

Have you had any matches with 4 or 5 bars?

TRI Mike

Yes. Still a lot of "mini-freezes" during it. I lost most o my Helena juggles and Tina combo throws because of it. It's very annoying.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
So...are we talking about that one now? Because I'll just unlist it to show people.

Raansu

I've had a few times when near a wall and I warp through the player and we both have our backs facing each other. DoA4 had this bug as well.

RhythmikDesigns

Not sure if this is a bug or it is the intended design, but in training when using com recording, com reaction nor critical hold work as intended. Hopefully its a bug, so they try to fix it. If not, hopefully TN will consider changing it.

Chaos

Theres a glitch on DOA5 is when the cpu can grab you when ever they feel like it and when I mean by that I mean you can't really dodge them which is stupid annoying.
Im posting about this again because it doesn't look or feel right and I've NEVER ever had this issue In the previous DOA series. o_O

Batcommander

Found this glitch with Lisa in training, after landing a power blow sometimes, the camera will not change back, so it will be stuck in that third person perspective until you land a hit. Looks kinda cool tho.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD