Dead or Alive 5 - Known Bugs/Glitches

Skilletor

Has anyone ever experienced a glitch where the character you control just seems to act on his/her own? occasionally there are times when my character will do a completely random set of moves despite the fact I am holding down the guard button or do moves I did not input.

Yeah, I have. My character doesn't do anything I'm pressing. Using the ps3 pad. I thought it was my controller, but I have no problems with any other games.

Murakame

Yeah, I have. My character doesn't do anything I'm pressing. Using the ps3 pad. I thought it was my controller, but I have no problems with any other games.

Thanks at least this confirms its not my controller. But damn lol how the heck does that happen?

Nate

Is this glitch somewhere in this thread?

Playing ranked on 360, trying to matchmake, very suddenly put to a character selection screen, neither player was me, watched the match, no point adjustment, after winner's stance the Xbox double faults and locks up. Must use power button.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor

I've been getting this bug a lot recently. The only way to fix it is to record something, play it and just turn the record function off again.

synce

The glitch where you switch places near wall is still present in 1.03 too. In fact I'm seeing it more than ever before

phoenix1985gr

Ok serously if they took all this time without fixing any problems end it ends up being just a balance patch... TN really needs to change their mindset...

shunwong

phoenix1985gr said:
Ok serously if they took all this time without fixing any problems end it ends up being just a balance patch... TN really needs to change their mindset...

Well, at least this guarantees yet another patch. Maybe they buff eliot and nerf stuns/holds in the next one (wishful thinking...)

phoenix1985gr

Well, at least this guarantees yet another patch. Maybe they buff eliot and nerf stuns/holds in the next one (wishful thinking...)

I dony think we re gonna get another one... Patches cost a lot of money and usually after the free ones that they are getting you rarely see them... Which is also why i think TN delayed this one so much, so they wouldnt need to get a new one...

X51

But they din't fix everything anyway so delaying the patch was worthless. Don't they have testers or something?

synce

They do seem to care but they seriously need to fire every tester at Tecmo. The game shipped with countless glitches and 3 patches later several of them are still present.

Kronin

Doa2U and Doa4 has not received so much care after the out of the game, indipendently from what was announced before their release. I think that it's a really good thing to see like, after 4 months from the relase date of Doa5, the game is still subject to care by the developers.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
They do seem to care but they seriously need to fire every tester at Tecmo. The game shipped with countless glitches and 3 patches later several of them are still present.

Just because a bug makes it into the a release does not mean a tester did not find the issue.

Nate

The glitch where you switch places near wall is still present in 1.03 too. In fact I'm seeing it more than ever before

I rarely saw this issue playing as Hayate all the time. I suppose it's more apparent with certain characters and their moves. However, with this patch, I've noticed it quite a lot. So I can only imagine anyone this plagued before, it probably really sucks now. Even in training, I get some real odd positional swaps. Once sparring with Hayate and Kasumi on Temple, we were in a corner and without our feet moving, our two character models just slid in a circle and swapped positions. It was quick, but felt slow because of how smooth the swap was. Well animated, even if unintended. Very odd. Once I even swapped positions doing a juggle! Needless to say, I ended up whiffing the opposite direction of Kasumi, and if it was a real match, probably would have ate a terrible backturned combo.

DontForkWitMe

This pic from KJP sums up TNs handling of this game

64901_320094934768975_1205916527_n.jpg

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD