DOA5LR DEAD OR ALIVE 5 Last Round Tokyo Game Show 2014 stream

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
The archive is here and the event starts at about the 2hr 55m mark: http://www.twitch.tv/madcatz/b/570263459.

The first gameplay footage is at the 3hr 10m mark and they first play on the DOA1 remake stage, now called "The Danger Zone."

It's apparently an infinite stage composed of different platforms that you can be knocked off of. Some versions of the platforms have the blue tiles that cause extra bounce but not all, some are all green tile.

I think the potential for an extra bounce is going to make this a lot of people's new favorite stage but it seems like you can tech out of it, like in the original game.

That anti-aliasing though... Ouch.

Last edited:

Kronin

@Addictrian already posted in another thread the extract of the video from youtube:

Not entirely sure of the working of the Danger Zone on the blue tiles: sometimes they provide a bounce, sometimes only an extra damage that anyway leave the characters on the ground (even if they don't use the fast recovery).

Also, during the last match (minute 47:50), Marie Rose got a damange bounce even if landing on the green tiles... maybe the bounce was releated on the height reached by Marie Rose (after being hit by Leifang) when landed on the platform?

Kronin

I liked the story. I don't understand why mostly everyone doesn't even though I know people don't play DOA for the story itself. Heck it's a lot better than ever before.

Well, everyone has his own preferences, however I agree with you and I think that the story of DoA is pretty good for a fighting game.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
When you can explain to me why they went to the middle of the freaking Antarctic or why Kasumi's clone was hunting down alpha then you start defending the story

Kodachi

Standard Donor
When you can explain to me why they went to the middle of the freaking Antarctic or why Kasumi's clone was hunting down alpha then you start defending the story
I always thought the DOA tournament took place on a boat that's how they go from region to region. Real Kasumi was laying low while people were distracted by her clone, who's motives were the same as DOA4 kasumi's; defeat clones and make peace with village, its revealed at the end that Kasumi matured since then and has accepted that she will not return to her village.
[not defending the story just my interpretation]

Last edited:

Kronin

The key word in my post was "good for a fighting game" XD I'm not saying that is perfect, but I don't pretend it from a game that hasn't its focus on it.

By the way, while there is no explanation for the Antarctic matter, the answer to your second question is simple: Fake Kasumi believed to be the original one and was hunting Alpha-152 exactly like the true Kasumi would do (in DoA4 she believed that was her duty to get care of her, and the fake Kasumi of DoA4 continue to keep the same status of mind).

If something is the reason for the presence of the fake Kasumi that need of an explanation, but from the events appear logical to think that was a way of MIST for attracting the shinobi in the secret lab and making the last "tests" that Rig mention to Donovan in the scene post credits.

I always thought the DOA tournament took place on a boat that's how they go from region to region. Real Kasumi was laying low while people were distracted by her clone, who's motives were the same as DOA2 kasumi's; defeat clones and make peace with village, its revealed at the end that Kasumi matured since then and has accepted that she will not return to her village.
[not defending the story just my interpretation]

I don't know if Kasumi accepted to not return to her village, but the most smart plot twist of the story is just this: the player at the beginning believe without doubts that Fake Kasumi is the original one just because she is presented with the same characteristics of the old Kasumi that we knew in DoA1-DoA4. Later, when the real Kasumi enter in scene, is revealed how she is now a very different person that is changed from the clone and her old personality (and of course with these infos the player wouldn't have never fallen into the deception).

Without spoilering anything to who didn't play the game, this is a very similar concept to what happens in "The 3rd Birthday" (a nice game with nice ideas but developed not too much well and too much distant from PE1 and 2 for being considered a real sequel).

Last edited:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
I liked the story. I don't understand why mostly everyone doesn't even though I know people don't play DOA for the story itself. Heck it's a lot better than ever before.
The story's timeline was so confusing to the point where it was difficult to figure out what happens before what so-to-speak (some boring parts too). It starts to make sense once Jann Lee's story begins. Overall, the story was good but it could have been much better than it was.

David Gregg

Have to say, really liking Hitomi's new do:

hitdo.png

RoboJoe

So apparently there was a LR exhibition match between Hayashi and someone that ended over an hour ago. That was the last doa related event of tgs, so it's safe to say that we won't get any new info anytime soon.

Keylay

So apparently there was a LR exhibition match between Hayashi and someone that ended over an hour ago. That was the last doa related event of tgs, so it's safe to say that we won't get any new info anytime soon.

I just saw another stream 30 minutes ago where Hayashi and two journalists played a match. Someone chose Nyotengu but didn't press any buttons so they lost. Then they zoomed into her boobs as she was lying on the floor in her losing pose.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD