DOA5U Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade ver. 1.04 change log

Nereus

Standard Donor
The Japanese states that the 1st third of the month is their goal. 28/3 = 9.333333333333333333333333333333333etc. If patches only happen on Tuesday (not sure), then they technically only have the 4th, but I wouldn't fault them for the 11th.

Oh ok, thanks for the heads up wolf.

Is it only 5 frames? Consider me corrected then.

Good on you, mate. It's mighty humble of you to admit your mistake there! But still, you are 110% correct about Helena's ground game.

Helena's BKO 6P force tech is an essential tool where maintaining offensive pressure is concerned. I am both disappointed and concerned to see that only a few players have spoken up about it.

How are some of you even playing Helena, to have not noticed (or have been unaffected by) this catastrophic nerf?

The Pi Gua Quan fighter no longer has her famed "blender." Without it, she is at a severe disadvantage...and to any serious Helena players reading this, don't be fooled: your opponents have noticed this change.

Countless times since DOA5U's release I have come up against opponents who, after being knocked down, simply wait me out on the ground. Opponents no longer have to fear Helena once the Critical Gauge has been exceeded, nor do they have to respect her when she ends juggles in BKO.

Team Ninja: as a Brad Wong and Helena player, I understand that evasion is an important (if at times essential) aspect of any match. But Helena should not have to rely exclusively on tech crouching to win. When the opponent can reset the situation simply by suffering a knock-down, she is rendered useless. Add to this her poor speed and lack of move safety and Helena is in trouble.

P.S. : If any Helena players didn't already catch on, BKO 2K may force tech in some situations, but it's not as reliable.

Nereus

Standard Donor
Good on you, mate. It's mighty humble of you to admit your mistake there! But still, you are 110% correct about Helena's ground game.

Helena's BKO 6P force tech is an essential tool where maintaining offensive pressure is concerned. I am both disappointed and concerned to see that only a few players have spoken up about it.

How are some of you even playing Helena, to have not noticed (or have been unaffected by) this catastrophic nerf?

The Pi Gua Quan fighter no longer has her famed "blender." Without it, she is at a severe disadvantage...and to any serious Helena players reading this, don't be fooled: your opponents have noticed this change.

Countless times since DOA5U's release I have come up against opponents who, after being knocked down, simply wait me out on the ground. Opponents no longer have to fear Helena once the Critical Gauge has been exceeded, nor do they have to respect her when she ends juggles in BKO.

Team Ninja: as a Brad Wong and Helena player, I understand that evasion is an important (if at times essential) aspect of any match. But Helena should not have to rely exclusively on tech crouching to win. When the opponent can reset the situation simply by suffering a knock-down, she is rendered useless. Add to this her poor speed and lack of move safety and Helena is in trouble.

P.S. : If any Helena players didn't already catch on, BKO 2K may force tech in some situations, but it's not as reliable.

If they made it to where BKO 6P force teched, remove the frame advantage she has on tech when she does it then. Making it to where regardless she shas frame advantage would be retarded as hell. And atleast her can combos revolve around her being in front of their opponent, characters like Jacky have to put you in a specific situation just to even try force teching you if you don't tech.

MasterHavik

Kokoro and Eliot the most argue and debated characters in this game because people can't decide if they are shit or good...me? they stink plain and simple all this,"Oh you're not trying hard enough bro." Needs to stop.

Makes me happy I don't play none of these characters. Oh...and well...Zack in 1.04...people wanna know what I think I suppose. Well...his pl being 7P+K now will stop the overlapping carp that happen with his old pl with 3P+K. And the delayable rolls just make his already good mixup game even more deadly. So nothing but buffs for him, not big buffs, but good things to go with an already good character.

If they made it to where BKO 6P force teched, remove the frame advantage she has on tech when she does it then. Making it to where regardless she shas frame advantage would be retarded as hell. And atleast her can combos revolve around her being in front of their opponent, characters like Jacky have to put you in a specific situation just to even try force teching you if you don't tech.

I would definitely make that compromise, if presented with the choice. It's more about momentum for me than frame advantage.

Thanks for the input.

DR2K

Helena is all about getting in and landing that stun. Tons of crushes, lows, nh stuns to work with.

6p is still essential. If the opponent chooses to wait on the ground she has other options.

Edmund

Just wondering if 1.04 has already hit the Japan arcades since it's already the 28th.

Because I want to know if there's a revised patch note for the final 1.04. =)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD