DOA5U Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade ver. 1.04 change log

FakeSypha

i could've swore that they changed it to where you couldn't hit buttons to SE?
Same here. Didn't they changed that with 5U on release? Even making the motion of the stick circular to shave the most frames (73737373 SE method got 'removed'). This actually happened, right? or am I THIS delusional? o_O

That was removed in Ultimate. They disabled buttons to go with Stagger Escaping because players were using turbo and holding guard.
Can't it be done with the pad as well? I tried to SE on a few occasions(with the pad) but I haven't really say down to see if it worked.

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The only inputs that are counted towards stagger escaping is directional inputs, no other inputs are attributed towards escaping.

Haipa Sonikku

Also, saying the complaints about Kokoro are coming from a community that says that she is week because you can sidestep her.. You guys look down on the Japanese players and their opinions and always think they're wrong. Well Matt and I went there and let me tell you that Kokoro is NOT weak. In fact she can be stupidly strong at some points. the fact that everything she has gives her CB potential and every other option is almost just as rewarding is Something not to be taken lightly. but I guess me saying that will only stir up more rage ... If you don't like what I'm saying ask @Mr. Wah

Exactly. Playing and following the fighting genre extensively for over 20 years, I've never understood where this garbage ass mentality of looking down on JPN (losing mostly) especially when it comes to 3D fighting games comes from. For 11 years though, DOA was exclusively on the most irrelevant platform in Japanese history, Xbox. Overall glad you did what most DOA players don't do (unlike Tekken) and that is travel and get that all important offline real experience.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Kokoro... the last stun in her 66P+K is no longer a faint .. its a long stun
However it seems that the followups after 214H+P are guaranteed again (jut like vanilla 5) ... Kokoro changed quite a bit it seems... good

Eliot... The bound 6P+K isn't on a BT opponent, that knocks them down
.. its actually from the front .. guarantees dash forward > (3)P > 3PPP46P .. I love it :)

Genfu is still a fucker ..

Helena is still annoying .. feels the same

Alpha's K string lost a lot of its delay ... but, its still delayable so... meh
Leifangs 6H+P is now a wall slam near the wall .. I like it ... she still plays pretty much the same ..

Last edited:

Nobus3r1

Holy irrelevant changes and/or nerfs Batman! (hopefully the formatting doesn't fuck my commentary here)

Rachel
2or8P+KP: Stance of the motion changed.
Will have to see what this actually means.
7P: Damage reduced from 22 to 18.
Minor nerf.
66T, PPT: Advantage on normal hit changed from +9 to +7F.
Debatable. On the one hand less advantage for a slow character is certainly a nerf. On the other hand, as several in the Rachel sub-forum have pointed out the lesser advantage may open up other tactical opportunities as +7 provides more of a glimmer of hope of being able to retaliate. On the third hand the nerfs that Rachel has seen to date in DOA5U have clearly demonstrated that people are completely unwilling to do even a modicum of research on how the character functions and how to combat her (hint: pick a faster character).
Crouching walk, back-turn walk speed adjusted.
Probably a very minor buff unless this allows for something unintentional (which would then almost assuredly be removed) like vanilla DOA5 wavedashing.
214P+KT, 3PPP+KT, 4PPPP+KT: Damage increased from 30 to 32.
Tools > damage and this is an especially minor damage boost.
214P+KT, 3PPP+KT, 4PPPP+KT: Recovery changed from 18 to 23F. Changed to half-rise state after completion of the move.
Speaking of tools these moves seems to have made the fools trade of an insignificant damage boost at the cost of greater recovery. Would like to see what the half-rise state does.
66T, PPT: After completion, fixed issue where the opponent could not choose between standing/crouching.
Presumably this is a bug fix.
2K: Advantage on normal hit changed from -5 to 0F.
This (and the following change) might mean that there's now a reason to use 2K in addition to or instead of 2H+K.
2H+K, PP2K: Counter Hit and above advantage changed from +25 to +20.
Yay! Minor nerfs to one of her few good low attacks and one of her three strings that involves a low at some point. Now we just need to wait for 4PP2P to get nerfed (1PP already got wrecked).
Low Hold: Hurtbox of the catch motion adjusted.
Whatever.
Light Down Attack: Damage increased from 4+2+2+7 to 4+2+2+10.
I would prefer if TN would make a decision regarding this move. Either make it useful and usable or remove it from the game. Right now Yurlungur functions as a taunt and a test of whether or not your opponent knows how to tech roll. That's not helpful.
Fixed issue where landing 4P after Sidestep P would cause a Critical Finish.
I assume that this is a bug fix.

Overall I agree that these are incredibly minor changes. They're minor nerfs to a very middling character and there's absolutely nothing in there that even tries to address issues that Rachel has in her bad matchups. Son, I am disappoint.

CatzDaLegit

Tina Purist
Premium Donor
I feel that it is a good thing TN doesn't listen to a lot of things the 'community' says because everyone seems to THINK they know exactly what every character is 'supposed' to be played like they've become some master game designer/balancer or DOA champ. So many people bombard their twitter asking for this tweak or that buff/nerf, and quit frankly, I'm unaware of the skill level of the person asking such changes, which would be nice to consider.

Every time another one of those "zomg TN please fix this!!1" posts come in they're like, "Aw shit, another one? Ehhh..." And they don't take it as seriously as the last 200 other suggestions have been wtf.

TN listening to close to zero suggestions is better than listening to shitty ones.

Last edited:

Nobus3r1

TN listening to close to zero suggestions is better than listening to shitty ones.
I'd prefer it if they where listening to zero outside suggestions because based on the changes that vanilla and ultimate have seen it mostly seems like they've been listening to the shitty ones.

David Gregg

Eliot... The bound 6P+K isn't on a BT opponent, that knocks them down
.. its actually from the front .. guarantees dash forward > (3)P > 3PPP46P .. I love it :)

Huh? That's odd it did list it as being a BT bound. Oh well I guess that's better than nothing. Thanks for letting me know EC. :D

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I would prefer if TN would make a decision regarding this move. Either make it useful and usable or remove it from the game. Right now Yurlungur functions as a taunt and a test of whether or not your opponent knows how to tech roll. That's not helpful.

This is how I feel about Bass' BT T and that move had way less controversy surrounding it. A lot of these good tools are taken away to facilitate some people who can't be bother finding a way around it. With Rachel's stomp, it was even harder, but the character was still a scrub killer and fell nowhere near the level of the top tiers i.e: Kasumi, Lei Fang, Christie, Gen Fu, etc.

Now these characters fall in the shitter and no one cares.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Huh? That's odd it did list it as being a BT bound. Oh well I guess that's better than nothing. Thanks for letting me know EC. :D
I actually think its really good.
It gives him an extra option from early stun to push the opponent closer to the wall. because the juggle is pretty much universal ..

Yurlungur

Holy irrelevant changes and/or nerfs Batman!

Actually you can still combo into grounded 2k but you lose a lot of damage in order to get the heel. Basically after the air throw you do 6k, 2k 80% of the time the empress heel is guaranteed. The only issue with that method for the heel is that they're knocked too far so they're out of throw range and you can only hit with a long range mid. I'm still debating if this is even a decent buff. Probably not.

Last edited:

Omegan Eckhart

I'm not sure why Helena needed nerfing, in Ultimate TN ruined the ground game which was what Helena's game play was centred around, removed all her safe moves, again and now more nerfs. I know the nerfs are mild but they are totally unnecessary.

Nerfing her delayable strings when she has almost no safe strings is BS.

Who decided she needed a damage nerf?

P+K hitbox adjustment means her best crush, (which is certainly not BS like it was in DOA4) is getting nerfed, again.

BT 4P+K being -4 doesn't help. Instead of getting throw punished she will eat a BT combo instead.

The one buff she got is 66F+K being -5 on block instead of -16. I know it's an unholdable that guarantees jack shit but why make it safe?

Fuck only knows why TN thought these were changes that needed to be made.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD