DOA5U Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade ver. 1.04 change log

jakery95

So basically, hitomi was the character to get crapped on this time. Great..... Can someone explain to me what happened to her cuz I do not understand

GeomighT

Kokoro... the last stun in her 66P+K is no longer a faint .. its a long stun
However it seems that the followups after 214H+P are guaranteed again (jut like vanilla 5) ... Kokoro changed quite a bit it seems... good

Eliot... The bound 6P+K isn't on a BT opponent, that knocks them down
.. its actually from the front .. guarantees dash forward > (3)P > 3PPP46P .. I love it :)

Genfu is still a fucker ..

Helena is still annoying .. feels the same

Alpha's K string lost a lot of its delay ... but, its still delayable so... meh
Leifangs 6H+P is now a wall slam near the wall .. I like it ... she still plays pretty much the same ..

EMP_Cow plz convince Shimbori to give Kokoro a low tracking attack "1k?" anyway When they used the words -- 66P+K: 4th hit damage effect changed, follow attacks can be Held.They made her Faint stun into a long stun(already exist currently in 1.03 vs heavy's) , can you see about these 2 stuns and how they've changed ?
  • Heichu P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.
  • (1.03 +5F) currently
  • Heichu 2P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.
  • (1.03 +26F) currently

David Gregg

True, but if we don't now, who knows when we'll see another one of this magnitude as well.

Well like people on here keep telling me: "Be patient". We can't totally predict how the changes will affect gameplay just by simply reading them (ex: Eliot's 6P+K change wasn't even accurately listed. XD).

There's also no point in bombarding TN with a bunch of tweets for changes like someone previously said. Just wait until you see your main, test them out for yourself, and adapt to the changes.

Nereus

Standard Donor
I looked at the changes for Jacky again, and i noticed two things that im glad they changed.

Slide Shuffle P: start-up reduced by 2F
Yes!!!!

When hit during Side Slide Shuffle, fixed bug that cause the attack to hit behind
YES!!!

I am happy that they buffed his Slide Shuffle P and im glad they fixed the bug. It made his Side Slide Shuffle P almost useless because you didn't want to risk a random BT'd.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
EMP_Cow plz convince Shimbori to give Kokoro a low tracking attack "1k?" anyway When they used the words -- 66P+K: 4th hit damage effect changed, follow attacks can be Held.They made her Faint stun into a long stun(already exist currently in 1.03 vs heavy's) , can you see about these 2 stuns and how they've changed ?
  • Heichu P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.
  • (1.03 +5F) currently
  • Heichu 2P: Counter Hit and above damage effect changed.
  • (1.03 +26F) currently

Both Leifang and Kokoro dont have a mid or a low tracking .. its just how they are ..

but If you watch Ain's last vid on tracking you'll realize that theres other ways around it.

I actually personally requested having either a mid or low tracking for both Lei Fang and Kokoro... but I don't think it will be likely to happen .. at least not in 1.04 ... 1.05 maybe ?

...... Well Matt and I went there and let me tell you that Kokoro is NOT weak. In fact she can be stupidly strong at some points. the fact that everything she has gives her CB potential and every other option is almost just as rewarding is Something not to be taken lightly. but I guess me saying that will only stir up more rage ... Mr. Wah

No rage. I'm listening to your opinion. It is just me who can't figure out which move or setup of her that could be stupidly strong as well as I do not see how easier of her to CB than that Jann Lee, Kasumi, Rig, etc.. capable of. Or is she become strong only among certain gamer.

Nereus

Standard Donor
So when do you guys think that this is finally dropping to consoles? 1st week of Feb? 2nd week of Feb?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
BT 4P+K being -4 doesn't help. Instead of getting throw punished she will eat a BT combo instead.

Um. It's five frames to turn around, making her able to guard on the 9th frame, and she has BT attacks as well...

So I don't understand how "she will eat a BT combo"

werewolfgold

So when do you guys think that this is finally dropping to consoles? 1st week of Feb? 2nd week of Feb?
The Japanese states that the 1st third of the month is their goal. 28/3 = 9.333333333333333333333333333333333etc. If patches only happen on Tuesday (not sure), then they technically only have the 4th, but I wouldn't fault them for the 11th.

David Gregg

Thanks for the info werewolfgold. If I recall correctly, the last patch (don't know about others) came out on a Monday for PS3 and then 360 was delayed (but XBL got the Halloween outfits first...it was confusing. lol XD)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD