Dead or Alive 6 Weight Classes

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Dead or Alive 6 like the Dead or Alives before it has a weight system. Each character has different weights, making some characters launch higher than others when hit. In Dead or Alive 6 the weight classes are the following. I've used my own naming schema for each class. Additionally, every group between the dividers are relatively close enough to each other that they may share many weight specific combos.

LIGHT WEIGHTS

LIGHT I
:nico::kula:

LIGHT II
:mila::kokoro::eliot::hitomi:

LIGHT III

:ayane::honoka::kasumi::mai::marierose::phase4::momiji::tamaki:

LIGHT IV
:leifang:

MIDDLE WEIGHTS

MIDDLE I
:diego::tina::zack::rig::jannlee::hayabusa::hayate:

MIDDLE II
:christie::La Mariposa::bradwong::nyotengu:

MIDDLE III
:helena:

HEAVY WEIGHTS

HEAVY I
:bass::bayman::cyborg::rachel:

Last edited:

UncleBiscuits79

So, I was actually wondering if these weight classes even matter? The launch heights seem to really be wacky. Alot of the bread and butter combos that I used to use with hitomi don't seem to work anymore.

Launch heights are REALLY low now.

d3v

So, I was actually wondering if these weight classes even matter? The launch heights seem to really be wacky. Alot of the bread and butter combos that I used to use with hitomi don't seem to work anymore.

Launch heights are REALLY low now.
They still do. I have certain BnBs with Christie that don't work on heavyweights and super heavyweights. Also, some require that I hit an S before launch on middleweights. For example, if I get a counterhit 1PK on a middleweight, I need to S before launch so I can hit H+KKK, 6PPP - the last P whiffs if I didn't do the S (which is interesting since it shows that the Fatal Stun launch also affects ground bounce heights).

Launch heights feel low since they're not affected by how deep an opponent is in stun. What does affect it is whether they're in Fatal Stun (as demonstrated in my example). So if you want to launch higher, get stun, then hit S for Fatal Stun before you launch.

Last edited:

TRI Mike

i believe I asked this with DOA5 as well but do the differences between, for example, light 1 and light 3 even matter? I don’t think there’s a single juggle in the game that will work on Nico, but not on Marie.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
i believe I asked this with DOA5 as well but do the differences between, for example, light 1 and light 3 even matter? I don’t think there’s a single juggle in the game that will work on Nico, but not on Marie.

Yes, each sub class differ in weight. No, nothing has been found yet to suggest a Light 1 combo won't work on a light 4 character. However, their weights do differ, and the fact they made raidou to be exactly the same as bass and bayman shows they could, if they really wanted to, make sure there aren't sub classes in light and medium.

WAZAAAAA

Yes, each sub class differ in weight. No, nothing has been found yet to suggest a Light 1 combo won't work on a light 4 character. However, their weights do differ, and the fact they made raidou to be exactly the same as bass and bayman shows they could, if they really wanted to, make sure there aren't sub classes in light and medium.
hey I just found the silliest inconsistencies

this combo at 0:40 https://youtu.be/_zYuWsZrzlI?t=40s (@Darkslay u da man)
only works on open stance with: Ayane, Honoka, Kasumi, Eliot, NiCO
works on both stances with: Marie Rose
doesn't work at all with: Leifang, Phase-4, Hitomi, Mila, Kokoro

TL;DR reminder that if a combo works on one character of one weight class it doesn't necessarily mean it'll also work on the rest of the characters of that same class, because hitbox differences still exist

Last edited:

Darkslay

Yeah I definitely noticed that while making that video. There are some serious edge case scenarios that allow you to kinda single out who has the most differences in hitboxes too. Like for example, 9K > PP6P > 4KKP works on all lights except Hitomi, Kokoro and Mila.

Gumipedro

how leo its lighter than Marie ? how much weight marie's high heel shoes? how Nico its lighter than Marie ? look at hers Nico its more grown than Marie

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
how leo its lighter than Marie ? how much weight marie's high heel shoes? how Nico its lighter than Marie ? look at hers Nico its more grown than Marie
We didn’t create the game so we don’t know. Ask team ninja.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Can we get some special names for each class? I feel like having them numbered is confusing.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can we get some special names for each class? I feel like having them numbered is confusing.
..... how? I’m seriously confused as of how this is confusing to you. How is Light 1,2,3,4 confusing? Lmao. Giving it “special names” literally doesn’t change a thing. If you call this light 1, or fucking purple Teletubbie it’s the same thing. It’s literally just subcategories of lightweights meaning some lightweights are heavier than others. For example: Kula and NiCO are the lightest of lightweights and Leifang is the heaviest lightweight. Girl, how more straightforward could it be? Do you truly need special names for that?

Last edited:

Blackburry

Standard Donor
Can you like calm the fuck down? You did not need to come at me that aggressive. In the past we called classified lightest weight as "Featherweight". That makes way more sense to me, than if someone tells me NiCo is "Light 1". These numbered weights don't even roll off the tongue. If someone is commentating are they really about to say "Yeah Leifang is in the Light 4 weight class"? Just saying.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can you like calm the fuck down? You did not need to come at me that aggressive. In the past we called classified lightest weight as "Featherweight". That makes way more sense to me, than if someone tells me NiCo is "Light 1". These numbered weights don't even roll off the tongue. If someone is commentating are they really about to say "Yeah Leifang is in the Light 4 weight class"? Just saying.
Don’t be so sensitive. I am quite calm actually, nor was I coming for you. Maybe you should stretch before reaching so you don’t miss ;).

Anyway, back to the topic. What is stoping you from calling them featherweight, etc simply because they’re listed as “Light 1”? Just because the weight classes here are being listed as light, mid heavy with a certain digit behind them, doesn’t mean that you have to use this to refer to weight. Nobody is forcing you to use this, and if it doesn’t “roll off the tongue”in your opinion, you can always use the terms light, mid and/or heavyweight. Problem solved. And if you truly hate it, just create your own list.

Edit: This is not me coming for you, nor am I “aggressive”. This is just me being direct and providing a solution, that’s the best for all of us.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD