Dead or Alive: Fighter Chronicles

RoboJoe

Don't know why anyone thinks this means Alpha-152 is playable. I think it's just the generic boss battle intro for Alpha.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Can't help but imagine the ship being part of the snow stage for some reason...
It's actually an alt for the heliport. You can see it's selectable here:

Dead_or_Alive_5_Fighter_Chronicles_-_Episode_1.mp4_snapshot_01.26_[2012.08.07_18.19.30].png

found this pic on gamefaqs
http://i.imgur.com/4Ukrn.jpg
well ain't this some shit...apparently alpha looks to be playable, really? i mean who needs leon or ein when we have yet another ninja to look forward too who is essentially kasumi reskinned
If you read the top of the screen, it says "RTM Viewer." RTM has always been Team Ninja's internal code for story-mode only stuff. For example: Muramasa in DOA4, Kokoro's mom, Helena's mother, etc. You can clearly see that the man in this screen is playing back a story mode (RTM) scene. Alpha-152 might turn out to be playable but this screenshot doesn't prove anything unfortunately.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'm interested to know what their coding standard is like.

"All private member variables must start with a 'ku_'. No function will be capitalized. Ever. You never know when we might just switch to Java. Just give anything Japanese an English name and shorten it down to three or four letters. Templates are for wimps. Write down all your daily achievements in the small pink notebook provided by the Senior Engineer. PS: Programmers will have their own version of the coffee break called the "Super Techie Fun Time" in the basement."

synce

Looks like Alpha and Mila are indeed in there, but if you look at Alpha there's no P2, P3, etc.

I wonder if the boat from DOAD is an actual arena though, have there been any arenas yet that weren't in the demo code?

Doug Nguyen

It's actually an alt for the heliport. You can see it's selectable here:

View attachment 256

If you read the top of the screen, it says "RTM Viewer." RTM has always been Team Ninja's internal code for story-mode only stuff. For example: Muramasa in DOA4, Kokoro's mom, Helena's mother, etc. You can clearly see that the man in this screen is playing back a story mode (RTM) scene. Alpha-152 might turn out to be playable but this screenshot doesn't prove anything unfortunately.
I wonder why the boat stage is mixed with the heliport stage. How would that even work?

Blazeincarnated

Yeah. By the way. Techmo Koei Europe tweeted were getting a trailer tomorrow at 5pm gmt. They also said its the characters you have been asking for everyday, so you know who they are.

Cant wait. I hope its Helena
Now that must mean they are continuing after the DOAD ending.... thats pretty awesome! Maybe the story starts that something or someone or people try to kidnap Helena or something then the ninjas arrive like in that screenshot..

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD