Dead or Alive Online Patch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jin Masters

Team Ninja mentioned on their Twitter last week that they were working on a patch to update Dead or Alive 5's online functions to fix some of the issues that had been reported from consumers.

Today, they noted that the patch is currently undergoing the certification progress by Microsoft and Sony and once completed it would be released.

In the past we've seen certification process take quite a bit of time as the companies do a ton of extensive testing, but it seems Team Ninja is looking to have it out in the near future

Excerpt

kupo

I wonder if by online functions they are referring to additional online features or the netcode as well. I hope it's the latter...

TheTHCGamer

Im pretty sure there referring to the online glitches when it comes to matcmaking for example the lobbies and i hope they mean netcode however i wouldnt be surprised if it was just a patch to fix glitches.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Havik, we should play some. We can do a before and after(patch) to compare the a**kicking I give you. LOL

Chaos

It'd be interesting if they snuck in a few nerfs :jannlee:
Once Jann Lee use his annoying :6::6::F::+::K: hes pretty much unstoppable & you can't counter hold after that so that makes you want to smash your controller against the wall.

Edit No character needs to be nerf, DOA5 had enough of that shit already.

Omegan Eckhart

Remove infinite's, sort out Ayane's 66KK4 and remove the OH properties from Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner. He isn't a grappler he shouldn't have this. It would still be good without it's OH properties it just wouldn't be brain dead to use.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I think its way too soon and bugs are still being discovered .. but thats just me ... as for the characters, I think its way to early to think of any balances ... id rather wait like 6 months or something ...

however the infinite needs to go, yes...

TakedaZX

Remove infinite's, sort out Ayane's 66KK4 and remove the OH properties from Jann Lee's Dragon Gunner. He isn't a grappler he shouldn't have this. It would still be good without it's OH properties it just wouldn't be brain dead to use.
Ayane's 66KK4 is bad with the netcode but it's honestly not that terrible. Even still I wouldn't mind it not jailing, but I like the moves advantage and such nonetheless, and hell I don't even play Ayane.

The nice thing is it's Mid High though so once they take away the jailing it'll be easy to punish.

Omegan Eckhart

Don't need 6 months to see some of the issues with balance. I don't think they should do a complete overhaul but some things could be tweaked. Jann Lee's dragon gunner is just too good, I am completely in favour of him getting rewarded for a good read but it doesn't require a good read to land.

Make it so he has to bait you into blocking so he can use it, rather than thinking "well they aren't air born so I will just throw it out". I just hate seeing brain dead game play being rewarded so heavily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD